No announcement yet.

i KNOW it's frank martin.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are simply not cut out to coach/lead/manage a D1 program. Frank Martin falls into that category. There is so much more than recruiting it's not funny and I think a real disaster looms in the little apple.

I'd be happy to be wrong but man..........I'm just glad he's not running our program.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Some people are simply not cut out to coach/lead/manage a D1 program. Frank Martin falls into that category. There is so much more than recruiting it's not funny and I think a real disaster looms in the little apple.

I'd be happy to be wrong but man..........I'm just glad he's not running our program.
      Based on how he ran his high school program in Miami, it is still an outstanding question whether he is cut out to coach/lead/manage at that level either.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

And to add to the saga (Ok, it's not a saga yet, but I like to type it . . . saga, saga, saga!), it seems Blake Young was arrested for failure to appear. (And no, I'm not talking about the stat sheet)

Comment

The saddest part is that KSU fans don't seem to mind. During one of their recent games, I heard the F bomb dropped quite loudly during the game, as in "GET THE F___ OUT OF THE PAINT!!"

He may be an extraordinary recruiter but what a poor reflection on the University. But oh well, it's their university, not mine. Thankfully.
          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            And to add to the saga (Ok, it's not a saga yet, but I like to type it . . . saga, saga, saga!), it seems Blake Young was arrested for failure to appear. (And no, I'm not talking about the stat sheet)
            I forgot to add that it was supposedly just for unpaid parking tickets.

Comment

Martin

By the way, I didn't see the game in question, and I'm not defending Martin, just responding to anyone wondering how his language might affect his players or recruits. Now, if he gives preferential treatment to his stars, as 1972 says, I can certainly se ehow that would adversely affect both morale and recruiting.

In any case, I'm certainly also glad the Shocks have Marshall and not Martin, and I think KSU's deal with the devil to preserve Huggins's recruiting class may indeed blow up in their faces. One year of Michael Beasley is hardly the basis for a program, and if I were a K-State fan I think I'd be a little queasy about the Pussycats' future. They really are looking a little desperate.

Comment

I don't care for Huggie or Frankie, but if we are going to blast them for their language, we would also have to throw our baseball coaching staff in that catagory. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge WSU Baseball fan...but have any of you ever listened in on one of BK or JT's "discussions" with an umpire ? They are not real bashful with the players either.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

I thought I read something that ref's are cracking down on foul language used on the bench. Can they give a "T" to a coach for using that kind of language with their players if it is overboard. I could have sworn I heard a coach got a "T" this year during a time out for yelling profanities at his players?

Maybe one of our many ref's on this board could explain further if this is indeed possible? If so, then we may see alot of T's on Martin this year if he takes the language to the extreme.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I've read a few KSU fan comments that it's no big deal because several players look up to Martin as a father figure.

Maybe off the court he's a nice guy. But if anyone I respected called me that, there would be no more respect.

Using profanity as an adjective is one thing, but using it as a noun in reference to the player is beyond reprehensible.
                    Great point. The adjective vs. noun is important. And it does depend upon frequency too.

I use the F word occassionally; just ask my 8 year old. (just kidding, I don't have an 8 year old. ) I really can't imagine doing it in any kind of even remotely public setting.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                      I've read a few KSU fan comments that it's no big deal because several players look up to Martin as a father figure.

Maybe off the court he's a nice guy. But if anyone I respected called me that, there would be no more respect.

Using profanity as an adjective is one thing, but using it as a noun in reference to the player is beyond reprehensible.
                      Great point. The adjective vs. noun is important. And it does depend upon frequency too.

I use the F word occassionally; just ask my 8 year old. (just kidding, I don't have an 8 year old. ) I really can't imagine doing it in any kind of even remotely public setting.
                      I also think that using such language to describe the action or the play is one thing and using it to describe the person is totally different.

I have had many Coaches tell me that was dumb (fill in the blank) play. However, I don't ever remember one telling me I was a dumb (fill in the blank) player. Perhaps that is exactly what Royal is saying.

Comment

My bottom line on this: I'm glad Frank Martin is at KSU and Gregg Marshall is at WSU.

Frank Martin really only needs to be concerned with whether or not his act is acceptable to his constituency, the KSU administration and fans. If it is, then I don't expect him to change. I can't imagine Coach Bill Snyder being happy with it. My guess is he will be requested to tone it down somewhat. Whether he is capable of doing that or not remains to be seen.

If I was Tim Weiser I would not be too terribly secure in having my job depend on how Ron Prince and Frank Martin pan out as the leaders of KSU's two most important programs. That may or may not be the case, however, you only have to look to Lincoln, Nebraska to see that it might be. Wonder if Coach Snyder will be KSU's interim AD down the line.

Comment

Let's not forget that the Dalonte HillCats are not powered by Frank Martin. If Hill can play the good cop for Martin, they might make it work for a couple of years until Hill gets a better offer to take his Pied Piper show to a bigger stage. Remember, Beasley committed to Charlotte originally - when Hill was the assistant coach there. When Hill moved, Beasley moved in unison.

I heard on the radio that a 9-year-old boy saw Martin's display during the GMU game and commented that "their coach sure likes to use the F-word Daddy."

That is unacceptable.

Comment

Um, how come nobody has responded to Moshock's post about the WSU baseball coaches? I have been to a couple of WSU games (both nice wins for the 'Cats) and your baseball coaches were just as abusive and profane with the umps and their players as Frank Martin is.
                            Not on TV of course but everyone anywhere near the field could hear it.

I don't think Frank's assistants have done anything like order their pitcher to throw at a batter in the on deck circle either. Of course it only hit the guy in the eye.

Glass houses gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat
                              I don't think Frank's assistants have done anything like order their pitcher to throw at a batter in the on deck circle either.
                              Since WSU assistants didn't do it either, whats your point.

Anybody have any butter for the popcorn? It's going to be entertaining to watch the Manhattan implosion.

Comment

It was fun watching the WSU implosion last year :)

Lutz is a hack with an obvious agenda regarding KSU. Read Jeffery Martin's K-Stated blog to get the most unbiased coverage I have seen on the Wildcats. J-mart is from back east and does a good job of telling both sides IMHO. He doesn't have the pro-WSU/anti KU KSU slant that everyone else at the Beagle has.

Find it here : http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/

Comment

Working...
                                X