• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan
    Pa...thetic
    Durly ,, no husle on D ,,,no shocker there
    Stuz eat some Wheaties and become a man for crist sake quit bein a wimp
    TM how bout playin the whole game for a change
    ALL GUARDS take care of the F'ing rock tournovers turnovers turnovers ,,sickening
    All the guards had 7 total turnovers. Team had only 13. That wasn't the problem tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanksfan
      Way, way, way, too many offensive rebounds and defensive lapses to beat a team of this caliber on the road. Disappointing effort in my honest opinion. Let's regroup and go on a 10 game win streak. I think we're completely capable.

Sure we are, as long as there aren't any decent teams in those 10 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Originally posted by ShockerPrez
        Utah State, Northern Iowa, Nevada, Uconn.....

I know, I know, SDSU is a good team, but man these games are a setback. We need to win a big game sometime. The outcomes in these games are getting old.

It is probably time to face some hard truths. We're not that good, we're not very tough, we are what we are.

A big, experienced team that isn't going anywhere. And tonight we were totally outcoached by an old cheater.

We'll probably win a bunch of games in the Valley, lose a few we shouldn't, and win a home game in the NIT after we're outworked and outprepared in St. Louis.

We'll talk about how loud the crowd was in the NIT game against Michigan (a game we'll of course lose) and then start talking about how losing 5 seniors really won't hurt us that bad.

At least we don't have to worry about having a bunch of suitors for our coach.
        Sad day.
        Yup. Until we win one of these games. It's going to be hard to claim to be anything but a good mid-major who can handle other good mid-major and lower tier BCS programs, but pees in their pants when the light is on them.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
          So far, the only players I've seen who look as good (or better) than they did last year are Kyles and Ellis - and Ellis, not by much.

I just don't see any year-to-year progress from anyone else on the team. Post play, even against the cupcakes, isn't close to where it was last year.

I've really over-estimated this team, but there's no way I could have predicted how bad the Valley was going to be, so I'm staying with 16-2 in league play.
          the valley is terrible. the team really needs to start a point guard. toure is clearly not a point guard. i like hatch but its time to have him come off the bench and start ragland.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
            Originally posted by WuDrWu
            Originally posted by ShockerPrez
            Utah State, Northern Iowa, Nevada, Uconn.....

I know, I know, SDSU is a good team, but man these games are a setback. We need to win a big game sometime. The outcomes in these games are getting old.

It is probably time to face some hard truths. We're not that good, we're not very tough, we are what we are.

A big, experienced team that isn't going anywhere. And tonight we were totally outcoached by an old cheater.

We'll probably win a bunch of games in the Valley, lose a few we shouldn't, and win a home game in the NIT after we're outworked and outprepared in St. Louis.

We'll talk about how loud the crowd was in the NIT game against Michigan (a game we'll of course lose) and then start talking about how losing 5 seniors really won't hurt us that bad.

At least we don't have to worry about having a bunch of suitors for our coach.
            Sad day.
            I don't see UCONN or SDS in the Valley this year, so until I see some Valley teams show up like these 2 teams, I'm not conceding a Valley Championship.
            I don't think anyone is saying we can't win the Valley Championship. We can. But when's it going to happen?
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
              I don't see UCONN or SDS in the Valley this year, so until I see some Valley teams show up like these 2 teams, I'm not conceding a Valley Championship.

I am not either, but this team has shown me nothing to think they are going to thrive in a pressure situation, and that's what St. Louis is going to be.

We may very will the regular season title (I don't think we will) but it will take a small miracle for this group to win in the Lou.

Comment

• That two-minute stretch was the difference maker. If we stop that horrid run, it's back and forth until the end and who knows what happens. That's pretty amazing considering the foul trouble we were in.

That two-minute stretch sealed our at-large fate. It'll be like last year. We'll have an RPI in the low 40's, maybe even a Valley championship, flop out in St. Louie, and be roasted again.

I realize this was a tough game and we were the big underdog. But the fact that we played decently well minus that horrendous stretch, and boy, it would've been interesting.

SDSU is a good team. They got the athletes to really compete.

Thankfully, the Valley is a turd floating around in a toilet. If we play 38 minutes like we did tonight, we will be neck and neck with MSU for a Valley title. That's about as good as it gets.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Tuned in tonight thanks for the link posted!

San Diego is a legit Top-25 team. Wichita St. is close...but missing a true athlete at the center position. Hard to recruit that position.

Win the Valley Tourney and gain that confidence. Then show yourselves in the NCAA Tourney!!!

Garrett...jump higher and move laterally quicker...your team will love you for that!!!

:goshocks:
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• The Shockers desperately need help in consistent low post scoring. Durley can't do it all by himself. I was counting on Stutz to offer some real help offensively down low this year.. haven't seen it yet.

Is Ragland ever going to start and maintain the PG position with an iron grip this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk
                      Originally posted by OTR Shockfan
                      Pa...thetic
                      Durly ,, no husle on D ,,,no shocker there
                      Stuz eat some Wheaties and become a man for crist sake quit bein a wimp
                      TM how bout playin the whole game for a change
                      ALL GUARDS take care of the F'ing rock tournovers turnovers turnovers ,,sickening
                      All the guards had 7 total turnovers. Team had only 13. That wasn't the problem tonight.
                      thats 26 + potential points ,, and equally less for the opponant , not to mention WHERE and WHEN they were commited, giving SDSU easy point tonight
                      From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• We got beat on the boards. We needed Kyles on the court more (18 points) but his fouls dismissed that idea. Yes, San Diego is #17 and will lose very few at home with that loud speaker blaring and the crowd roaring. Even so, our turnovers were a glaring difference which led to some runs that were killers. They made us pay when we handed over the rock to them. Will our Shocker learn to win on the road this Season, especially in the Valley? If not,--blah, blah blah!!! But we will and we have to!!!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Agreed, Hatch is an off the bench player with the talent on this team. Solid player but lacks quickness. Get real coach, get the right guys in there.

Comment

• I know, I know, you all still think I'm crazy when I said we'd lose by 16. That aside, the Aztecs are a very good team, I'm not sure we would have won had they came to the Koch. It is apparent we are lacking athletes in several key positions and it showed against UCONN and SDSU. On a positive note, this is not a bad loss and as long as we stay away from those, I still think this team is capable of getting their ticket punched to the NCAA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                              , but there's no way I could have predicted how bad the Valley was going to be, so I'm staying with 16-2 in league play.
                              The Valley appears to be so bad this year, that winning it will be meaningless. The only thing that will probably matter this year is winning the tournament in St. Louis.

I hope I am wrong. But there really arent that many non-con games left for this conference to prove that it is better than it appears to be right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanksfan
                                Agreed, Hatch is an off the bench player with the talent on this team. Solid player but lacks quickness. Get real coach, get the right guys in there.
                                i didnt mean to imply that hatch has done anything to deserve being benched. its just that the team needs a pg...

Comment

Working...
                                X