The OFFICIAL Shocks vs. Aztecs Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox
    I know, I know, you all still think I'm crazy when I said we'd lose by 16. That aside, the Aztecs are a very good team, I'm not sure we would have won had they came to the Koch. It is apparent we are lacking athletes in several key positions and it showed against UCONN and SDSU. On a positive note, this is not a bad loss and as long as we stay away from those, I still think this team is capable of getting their ticket punched to the NCAA's.
    I also had the Shocks pegged for a double-digit L. However, minus that 2 minutes of bad basketball, we were right there. Stutz and Williams cannot play that many minutes. It's just not gonna work.

In Koch, we win that game. I don't think we would have got rattled to the point that we did.

It kinda sucks that it took 14 or so straight points for Marshall to finally call a TO. :roll:
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
      Originally posted by KC Shox
      I know, I know, you all still think I'm crazy when I said we'd lose by 16. That aside, the Aztecs are a very good team, I'm not sure we would have won had they came to the Koch. It is apparent we are lacking athletes in several key positions and it showed against UCONN and SDSU. On a positive note, this is not a bad loss and as long as we stay away from those, I still think this team is capable of getting their ticket punched to the NCAA's.
      I also had the Shocks pegged for a double-digit L. However, minus that 2 minutes of bad basketball, we were right there. Stutz and Williams cannot play that many minutes. It's just not gonna work.

In Koch, we win that game. I don't think we would have got rattled to the point that we did.

It kinda sucks that it took 14 or so straight points for Marshall to finally call a TO. :roll:
      with a team that has as much experience as this team im sure he thought/was hoping they could play through it. but it appears the team has no leadership.

Comment

• These guys we're just a little too quick for Hatch tonight. I really like the guy but these Aztec players we're big time quick and long. Hell what do I know. I'm just pissed that we lost in this fashion.. That late run was annoying to say the least.

Comment

• I's just hard to believe Stutz is the same player I watched in STL.

It's almost as if Martians kidnapped him this summer and conducted mind and body altering experiments.

I can not remember a player regress so much in such a short time.

Blair really struggled tonight. His energy, which I thought would be effective against such an athletic team, deserted him tonight.

Kyles has developed into an absolute stud. The only time he should come off the floor is when he is too tired to walk.

Durley's lack of defense (or trying) has been maddening for 4 years. I won't miss his ole' defense on drives. 8)
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Rem its on the road against a very good team. Its only one game! Sadly a big one! I feel confident we'll recover.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanksfan
              Agreed, Hatch is an off the bench player with the talent on this team. Solid player but lacks quickness. Get real coach, get the right guys in there.
              You couldn't be more wrong. 8)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef
                Originally posted by fairbanksfan
                Agreed, Hatch is an off the bench player with the talent on this team. Solid player but lacks quickness. Get real coach, get the right guys in there.
                would you rather have a team without a point guard or have hatch bring his energy and toughness off the bench? i vote the latter...

Comment

• We need some players who can actually rebound. I've never seen a group of 6'8"-7'0" who were averaging so few rebounds per game. Durley is at 2-3. Stutz at 3-4.

How in the world a 7 footer can only get 4 boards a game in 15 minutes of playing time is beyond my realm of understanding.

Having a guy who can run the point would also help out in those times of distress.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever

KINDA?????

Comment

• We have a point guard, he just needs a few more games. Hatch has been around a while fellas.

Comment

• Originally posted by swish1
                        Originally posted by ShockRef
                        Originally posted by fairbanksfan
                        would you rather have a team without a point guard or have hatch bring his energy and toughness off the bench? i vote the latter...
                        I would rather have a point guard and have Hatch on the floor.
                        That is all. 8)

Comment

• Originally posted by swish1
                          Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          Originally posted by KC Shox

with a team that has as much experience as this team im sure he thought/was hoping they could play through it. but it appears the team has no leadership.
                          Experience can only take a team so far. Ultimately, it all boils down to athletes and their skill sets.

Comment

• I could use a handful of Dennis Green quotes to describe this game.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
                              Experience can only take a team so far.
                              We might have experience, but that doesn't matter when none of them are leaders. We have a bunch of followers right now. Someone needs to step it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh
                                We need some players who can actually rebound. I've never seen a group of 6'8"-7'0" who were averaging so few rebounds per game. Durley is at 2-3. Stutz at 3-4.

How in the world a 7 footer can only get 4 boards a game in 15 minutes of playing time is beyond my realm of understanding.

Having a guy who can run the point would also help out in those times of distress.
                                Agreed with the rebounding. That's something I know we pride ourselves in. Granted, SDSU is very physical and also a great rebounding team. But damn, they had 8 offensive rebounds during the first 10 minutes of the game. Just absolutely weak.

Durley would rather stay camped on his feet than leap in the air. We have guys that our 6'4 and 6'5 leading the rebounding categories on this team.

Garbage.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X