The OFFICIAL Shocks vs. Aztecs Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebounding and fouls killed us
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Defense is a big concern this year. And frankly, that's a concern I did not expect to have.

I was thinking before the season started that the MVC generally slow, low-scoring, guard-oriented play might be a liability by keep games closer than they otherwise might be. Now I'm not so sure about that being a bad thing.

Comment

• Their defense was good--really good. Our second half was bad--really bad.

The better team won tonight. It would be good to get one of these.

Comment

• A disturbing trend: we are not quick enough to stop dribble penetration, not strong enough underneath, apparently cannot protect the rim when they do get beat off the dribble, and if Kyles goes down, we may never score again.

Comment

• That Leonard kid wiped his ass with us. Dizzamn!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez
              Utah State, Northern Iowa, Nevada, Uconn.....

I know, I know, SDSU is a good team, but man these games are a setback. We need to win a big game sometime. The outcomes in these games are getting old.

It is probably time to face some hard truths. We're not that good, we're not very tough, we are what we are.

A big, experienced team that isn't going anywhere. And tonight we were totally outcoached by an old cheater.

We'll probably win a bunch of games in the Valley, lose a few we shouldn't, and win a home game in the NIT after we're outworked and outprepared in St. Louis.

We'll talk about how loud the crowd was in the NIT game against Michigan (a game we'll of course lose) and then start talking about how losing 5 seniors really won't hurt us that bad.

At least we don't have to worry about having a bunch of suitors for our coach.
              Sad day.

Comment

• Way, way, way, too many offensive rebounds and defensive lapses to beat a team of this caliber on the road. Disappointing effort in my honest opinion. Let's regroup and go on a 10 game win streak. I think we're completely capable.

Comment

• OK! How good can we go in the dance if we get there? 2nd round I guess. :(
                  Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Pa...thetic
                    Durly ,, no husle on D ,,,no shocker there
                    Stuz eat some Wheaties and become a man for crist sake quit bein a wimp
                    TM how bout playin the whole game for a change
                    ALL GUARDS take care of the F'ing rock tournovers turnovers turnovers ,,sickening
                    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO
                      stutz = fifi
                      Lately, Stutz = Klutz :cry:
                      SFL is back!

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP
                        OK! How good can we go in the dance if we get there? 2nd round I guess. :(
                        Not if we play SDS in the 1st round 8) :posterwsu:
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          Originally posted by ShockerPrez

I know, I know, SDSU is a good team, but man these games are a setback. We need to win a big game sometime. The outcomes in these games are getting old.

It is probably time to face some hard truths. We're not that good, we're not very tough, we are what we are.

A big, experienced team that isn't going anywhere. And tonight we were totally outcoached by an old cheater.

We'll probably win a bunch of games in the Valley, lose a few we shouldn't, and win a home game in the NIT after we're outworked and outprepared in St. Louis.

We'll talk about how loud the crowd was in the NIT game against Michigan (a game we'll of course lose) and then start talking about how losing 5 seniors really won't hurt us that bad.

Sad day.
                          I take you no put your trust in HCGM?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            Originally posted by ShockerPrez

Sad day.
                            I don't see UCONN or SDS in the Valley this year, so until I see some Valley teams show up like these 2 teams, I'm not conceding a Valley Championship.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

• So far, the only players I've seen who look as good (or better) than they did last year are Kyles and Ellis - and Ellis, not by much.

I just don't see any year-to-year progress from anyone else on the team. Post play, even against the cupcakes, isn't close to where it was last year.

I've really over-estimated this team, but there's no way I could have predicted how bad the Valley was going to be, so I'm staying with 16-2 in league play.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Only Shocker that came to play tonight was Kyles, and that was only on the offensive end. I'm just bummed out right now!

Comment

Working...
                                X