No announcement yet.

APP State Pre-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for dropping by again, agentpaul!

So far Marshall has slapped the press on enough that I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it tonight.

Oddly enough, we've also seen what appears to be better post defense this season. It could just be the pool of opponents so far (though we held Baylor's talented big man to single digits. Unfortunately, their guards were having a good game), but we've been hurt more by good guard play.

Should be interesting!

Comment

Oh, one question for you agentpaul. Did the board you had last year switch to Delphi (this one: http://forums.prospero.com/appstate/start) or are there now two boards?

Interesting that there doesn't appear to be any discussion of tonight's game on the Delphi board.

Comment

I thought they had 2 boards which were described as older and newer. * I think they meant posters*

Anyways im hyped for this game.

Im looking forward to a minter - Ramo matchup.

hopefully our guard play matches up well.

Comment

i like to congratulate you on beating Michigan in the Big House. i loved it. i loved reading every article about the anguish that the storied program was going through.

nice job!
          too bad you guys didn't have as good of a season as previous years. but at least you beat the second best team in the big 10!
          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Re: App St

Originally posted by shocks02
            I'm surprised it took 2 pages....
            Jocks & Jills
            3236 N. Rock Rd
            Wichita, KS 67226
            316-260-9800
            http://www.jocks-jills.com
            http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

I got a good feeling about this game, i think shocks win this one 73-65
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

With all due respect to Frank Martin. Go Shocks - Beat ASU.

Should be an interesting game. Shocks first true road game. Can we keep improving on the offensive end? Hope So.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

I expect Minter to make up for his lack of anything against Davidson on Monday.

We did good against Davidson, especially in the second half, but Stephen Curry was lights out (38 points) and our inability to stick with him killed us in the end. We'll get some steals and blocks and as long as WSU doesn't have a lights out shooter, I expect us to pull it out.

On the rebound Apps 69
                  Shocked and Confused 61

Comment

This would be a quality win for WSU, App at the very least should "blow" through the SOCON and end up with a very respectable record.

App's message board situation is so fractured now, we've got a Rivals site now (yay) but it means that we've got THREE main forums.

Delphi = Most Popular with Alumni and Overall
                    AppCountry.com = More students & young alumni
                    Rivals = Paid, Nice Editorial content

Not much game discussion right now because of Football (Playoffs). Should be an exciting game in a few hours :)

Comment

For all you Cox Digital users out there, you know it's Shocker basketball television time when:

The 6:00-8:00 block on the on-screen guide is uninterrupted with "Local News and Weather". So for those recording the game, once again you have to either tweak some options or record 3 hours of a block and have an hour of nothing to go through before watching it.

Is it really that hard to program in "College Basketball" in the correct time slot? Did I mention PR wise it looks a little better and helps those that are unaware that it is on?

Sooo busch league. But I'm so used to it. That's Cox for ya.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Especially when the "Wichita State vs. Indiana State" spot has been on there for 5 months, or longer...

BTW....

Shocks 63
                        Apps 65

tough game for Shocks, but gain some momentum playing a solid team tough on the road.

Comment

Why does the look of the AppCountry.com forum look so familiar? Hmmmm . . . .

;)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

;)
                            I cannot believe you copied their format Royal!!! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

;)

did they steal your format??
                              or is it a common format...?
                              veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                                For all you Cox Digital users out there, you know it's Shocker basketball television time when:

The 6:00-8:00 block on the on-screen guide is uninterrupted with "Local News and Weather". So for those recording the game, once again you have to either tweak some options or record 3 hours of a block and have an hour of nothing to go through before watching it.

Is it really that hard to program in "College Basketball" in the correct time slot? Did I mention PR wise it looks a little better and helps those that are unaware that it is on?

Sooo busch league. But I'm so used to it. That's Cox for ya.
                                Notice the same thing when I set the DVR last night. :(
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X