Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vbird53
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    Other than Sean the Shocks were only 14-14 from the field (34%).
    I think that's a little higher than 34%, more like 100%

j/k
    Sorry, dyslexia attacks again. Or maybe it is simply old age.

Corrected.

In any case, I hope we make more than 14 FG's! :D

Comment

One of Kyle's poorer games, I would say the worst, 1-8 when Kyle usually threw down 10-12 ppg, and a natural on the line.

WSU 76 APP 66

Comment

How can you guys predict a win? We're walking into the lair of a team that is getting 19 votes in the mid-major top 25. :shock:

That said . . .

Shock Shock Shock - 71
        Hot Hot Hot - 65

I'm probably going to regret mocking the mid-major poll.

:bball_spin:

Comment

In case it was lost...
          Funny promo video for Appalachian State University (ASU)App State is Hot Hot Hot!Shoutout to all the viewers in India (250,000 in 2010)
          YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Shock
            The key change at the end with the gospel singing is what really makes this song HOT HOT HOT!!
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Wow

Very optimistic, and I hope everyone is right.

Yes, the Shocks played and shot poorly last year; and yes, whoever gets Wilson's minutes this time will no doubt be more productive. But it's still at their place, and Minter was a Shocker killer that someone (Ramon?) will have to step up and handle a lot better.

This would be an excellent, if probably underappreciated, road win if the Shocks can get it.

Comment

Re: Wow

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                This would be an excellent, if probably underappreciated, road win if the Shocks can get it.
                I have to agree with that assessment. :yes:

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                  Originally posted by Born2Shock
                  The key change at the end with the gospel singing is what really makes this song HOT HOT HOT!!
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Hey, I must have been lost in cyberspace but Royal Shock led me to the correct link. There are 2 players that I would really like to see have a banner game Thursday, and really get them on track. MG and AE are both players that I would like to see just have a "break out" type game. Both of these 2 young men are keepers, and as we march forward to Valley play, I would like to see them really get locked in and clicking. Not only would these 2 really solidify our overall depth, but they could be instrumental in us picking up some extra wins along the way. It is not a matter of "if", but rather just "when" this will occur and become a common-place.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

App St

I drove thru Boone today, just passing thru on business. I have to say that I've never seen a prettier college campus. This place is absolutely gorgeous. Also, it seems every building on their campus is brand new.

App St is a little hidden gem with a lot going for it.

Comment

Re: App St

Originally posted by Uncle Rico
                        I drove thru Boone today, just passing thru on business. I have to say that I've never seen a prettier college campus. This place is absolutely gorgeous. Also, it seems every building on their campus is brand new.

App St is a little hidden gem with a lot going for it.
                        Funny promo video for Appalachian State University (ASU)App State is Hot Hot Hot!Shoutout to all the viewers in India (250,000 in 2010)

Comment

A very important game. Hopefully we can continue our improvement, even playing on an opposing team's home court. Also, we see if we can stop a post player that gave us trouble last year. I think the answer is yes to both.

WSU wins 73-68.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Here is ASU's roster:

Comment

I too think this is an important early season game. I see us continuing to make improvements both offensively and defensively.
                              I think tonight we'll get more from Gris and I see the score being 68 - 64 Shocks.

Comment

Hey guys,

Pains me to say this, but I'm not sure how effective Minter will be against your guys. He's been a dissapointment so far this season, which is strange because he worked his ass off in the off season to bulk up, and now that the team is playing he's not nearly effective underneath the post as before.

Most the teams we've played though have double teamed him very effectively and for some reason he has issues passing it back out. If the shockers just go man on man, you might get slaughted, but that depends if Minter comes out to play or not.

App's main weakness right now is we still haven't determined who our point guard is going to be. Last game Abraham (soph) stepped it up, so I expect him to start, he had a solid 19 Points against Davidson.

Our main problems,
                                - Turn overs
                                - Rebounding
                                - Foul Trouble

If Wichita plays tough "physical" defense, perhaps a press as well, then they can take advantage of our young team and come away with a V likely.

I haven't watched WSU this year so not sure how the game will play out, but App really needs a win before we go up against Georgia Southern (conference matchup) and more so to make sure we don't have two straight home losses.

Hopefully some of you made it down for the game, should be fun :)

Comment

Working...
                                X