Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
    Originally posted by Kung Wu
    OK, so there are a few select coaches in the whole world that are actually superheroes in disguise, with real super powers (x-ray vision, telekenesis, etc). I think Super Genius Head Coach Gregg "3G's" Marshall is one of them. And his super power is: marketing.

I'm on to him though with this Charles Boozer thing! He's not after this kid for the basketball skills (although that may be a perk -- time will tell). He's after him for the MARKETING potential!

How so?

He can hear the cheer already! It's a TRIPLE entendre!! How often does THAT marketing opportunity come up?

Here it goes:

CHUCK - BOOZ! CHUCK - BOOZ! CHUCK - BOOZ!

1) CHUCK - BOOZ! -- The first cheer is the crowd yelling: "Hey coach, put in Charles Boozer!"

2) CHUCK - BOOZ! -- The second cheer is when the crowd is trying to incite a riot because the ref just blew the SAME call for the AWAY team for the 5th straight possession: "Throw your flask [at the ref]!"

3) CHUCK - BOOZ! -- The third cheer is the crowd indirectly yelling a President Beggs: "Charles Koch Arena, bring back beer sales!"

Man, SGHC3GM is good.

Really good.
    There's a fine line between crazy and genius and you, my friend, do cartwheels on it.
    Well said shizzle
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I would like to nominate the previous post by kung wu and its reply by wu shizzle to the SN hall of fame of posts if one exists on some plane within this dimension.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Originally posted by wu_shizzle
        Originally posted by Kung Wu
        OK, so there are a few select coaches in the whole world that are actually superheroes in disguise, with real super powers (x-ray vision, telekenesis, etc). I think Super Genius Head Coach Gregg "3G's" Marshall is one of them. And his super power is: marketing.

I'm on to him though with this Charles Boozer thing! He's not after this kid for the basketball skills (although that may be a perk -- time will tell). He's after him for the MARKETING potential!

How so?

He can hear the cheer already! It's a TRIPLE entendre!! How often does THAT marketing opportunity come up?

Here it goes:

CHUCK - BOOZ! CHUCK - BOOZ! CHUCK - BOOZ!

1) CHUCK - BOOZ! -- The first cheer is the crowd yelling: "Hey coach, put in Charles Boozer!"

2) CHUCK - BOOZ! -- The second cheer is when the crowd is trying to incite a riot because the ref just blew the SAME call for the AWAY team for the 5th straight possession: "Throw your flask [at the ref]!"

3) CHUCK - BOOZ! -- The third cheer is the crowd indirectly yelling a President Beggs: "Charles Koch Arena, bring back beer sales!"

Man, SGHC3GM is good.

Really good.
        There's a fine line between crazy and genius and you, my friend, do cartwheels on it.
        Well said shizzle
        +1 Hooray! haha!
        andymooredesign.com

MTXE, SHOX!

Comment

I have heard somewhere that Boozer has been admitted at WSU, but doesn't have any guarantee from the basketball team yet. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Would he even play?

Comment

Originally posted by IAmWu
            I have heard from a reliable source that Boozer has been admitted at WSU, but doesn't have any guarantee from the basketball team yet. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Would he even play?
            Based on the roster we have and his performance at Iowa State, I'd say he would play about as much as any of our other walk-ons, i.e. mop-up duty.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

i don't like it. boozer might give us negative media attention. it depends on his character. if he is sincere about putting the past behind him, it might be okay. i'm confident in HCGM and am sure whatever choice he makes will be the right one.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock
                i don't like it. boozer might give us negative media attention. it depends on his character. if he is sincere about putting the past behind him, it might be okay. i'm confident in HCGM and am sure whatever choice he makes will be the right one.
                if he was allowed to walk on and receive practically 0 playing time and filled a role nicely in practice how would that bring in any negative attention to Wichita State?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  if he was allowed to walk on and receive practically 0 playing time and filled a role nicely in practice how would that bring in any negative attention to Wichita State?
                  Probably because the media would make a big deal out of it. First four words in the headline would be: "Wichita State Basketball Player"...then you'd need a microscope to find the rest of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by AMaizNShocks
                    Probably because the media would make a big deal out of it. First four words in the headline would be: "Wichita State Basketball Player"...then you'd need a microscope to find the rest of the story.
                    And with his past if that were to be happened it would be followed right up with was dismissed from the team for....
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

And with his past if that were to be happened it would be followed right up with was dismissed from the team for....
                      :good:

Comment

:good:
                        on the contrary. Any news about said player on the team would be about him being the brother of an NBA player who had some issues and is now getting a second chance etc etc.

Either way its no sweat off my balls if he's on or not. But lets be real. No one is going to give two craps about some walk on who never sees the court. And I mean that with all due respect to kids like Cameron Ledford who for all intents and purposes was the prodigal "good kid" and received about as much pub from our own paper as a pee wee football game. Let alone any national media.

Comment

Aside from agreeing with ASM that this wouldn't get any national attention, the reality is that there is a huge difference in perception when giving a guy a second chance between letting him walk on and ride the bench and giving him a scholarship and playing time.

You wouldn't be rewarding a guy with a scholarship or overlooking someone's misdeeds in order to get production on the court. You'd be giving him a chance to put in hard work behind the scenes. It's Marshall's call if he wants him, but I don't see that it creates any problems of perception of the program.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I was going with if he did something stupid again. Was I off on what we were talking about?
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

No you're right Sub. If he did something dumb again no matter what it would be then yeah it will receive negative attention for the new and old crime. But thats barring he does something dumb.

But just by having him on the team itself wouldnt generate any negative press.

Comment

I agree with that.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X