Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boozer Transferring to WSU?

From Carlos Boozers Twitter: http://twitter.com/CBoozTheBull
    Congrats to my lil' bro Charles... Going to Wichita State!!!!

Iowa St. Bio: http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle....&ATCLID=883422

Walk-on?
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

scout 2-star 2007

rivals 2-star 2007

Comment

Strange. :blink:

If true, can't say I'm happy about this. I'm all for him getting a second chance, but I just don't see the fit and not sure this will send the right message to other recruits.

Comment

nm
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Hmmm......I agree something isn't right about this......sit out this year and play next year?

Big brother Carlos must be footing the bill......now I have no issue with an NBA All Star giving props to HCGM and perhaps funneling some future stars our way, but this seems odd on the surface, plus how is he going to help us?

I doubt he is going to take any minutes from Murry or Kyles next year.

Practice player?

I will be interested to see Paul Suellentrop's take on this when covers it.

Comment

There's no way we're paying for this. As has been pointed out, we don't need upper classman guards and he doesn't appear to be the type that's going to take minutes away from who's already here. If he's a walk-on then I'm fine with it as long as he behaves himself. There's nothing wrong with giving a kid a 2nd chance. As long as this kid isn't taking a 'ship away from one of the many HS SRs we're recruiting.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

So he's a senior who's left the team, but will finish the fall semester at Iowa St. I assume that the timing has left him with a full year of eligibility left, but when is he avaliable....beginning of next year, at the semester, or, maybe, he won't play until 2012? Just makes no sense for 2011. Murray, Kyles, Smith, Richardson, DWill (w/JRag at the point) at SG / SF and our need for big men.

:noidea:

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  There's no way we're paying for this. As has been pointed out, we don't need upper classman guards and he doesn't appear to be the type that's going to take minutes away from who's already here. If he's a walk-on then I'm fine with it as long as he behaves himself. There's nothing wrong with giving a kid a 2nd chance. As long as this kid isn't taking a 'ship away from one of the many HS SRs we're recruiting.
                  :good: And needing!!

Comment

Hmm...yeah don't like this if true. I don't want to become SIU.....
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I doubt if Carlos would of posted this if Charles wasn't transfering to WSU now. We don't have a scholarship to give so it looks like a walk-on to me.

I'm sure Marshall would not have him on the team if he wasn't confident about Charles deserving a 2nd chance.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

hitting chicks isn't cool

Comment

hitting chicks isn't cool

Comment

Maybe he's not even going to be playing basketball?
                            There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

Maybe he is going to play baseball? If he can hit chicks, maybe he can hit a Div I fastball.

Comment

Working...
                              X