• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox
    Originally posted by ShockerPrez
    Originally posted by KC Shox
    Originally posted by ShockerPrez
    F' ing every game. Can't defend trey's, other team hits everything, we take too many trey's can't hit shots to save our ####es, and we lose a game that we could've won.

Frustrating.
    Shocker, it's too early in what is going to be a frustrating season, to get angry. I too want the Shox to be successful and want next season to come already. But this season is going to be full of headache so don't start growing gray hairs yet.

Again, next season can't come quick enough. Our team is going to be stacked and I look to return to form with another 20 game winner and tourney team. This season is going to teach us all to learn patience.
    I'm not ready to throw in the towell for this season. I think we are getting caught trying to bring on the newcomers, but not getting enough consistency from PJ, which is what we really need. I'm actually very excited about this season. I think over the course of this year, we are going to have a pretty solid season.

I'm going to just say: Valley Tournament......
    Well, given our history of poor performance in the Valley Tourney, I'm going to say "hope for the best but prepare for the worst". But you are right, it'll be our only meal ticket to the NCAA's for THIS year.
    That is absolutely true, which is why it is the last place anyone would expect us to Shock the World (no pun intended). We are so freakin' due to win that thing.......
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• PJ isn't hardly getting the ball, I don't know if he isn't working for it, or if he is just getting denied or if our offense just doesn't get it in his hands. However he needs the ball early to get in a groove.

We will be so much better after this tourny, I guaruntee it!

Comment

• Originally posted by notquiteBWing
        my main disappointment is PJ... i just don't understand..

*sigh*

just hope for a better outcome tomorrow. anyone know what time our game will be??
        My main concern is outrebounding Baylor and missing all those layups and put-backs. I think GM needs to coach the guys down low the concept of 'touch' when shooting the ball around the rim on put-backs.

Comment

• It could have been different. We didn't defend the 3 well. We threw up a triple dozen ourselves. And we rarely went inside. Oh ya, and we had stupid turnovers.

If Baylor shoots that well in every game, they'll win the Big XII easy. I think we just caught one of their good nights.

I'll give em that credit. No offensive scheme at all, but some pretty good shooters and athletes.

I like starting off the year with less pressure anyways. No 9-0 start this year. We'll be a wayy better team at the end than at the beginning anyways - which is the preferred way anyways.

That said, we better beat Illinois-Chicago tomorrow.. and I mean BEAT.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Not a TERRIBLE loss, as long as Baylor finishes better than 9th in the big XII. Just another tough shooting night, if we get the offense going look out. That is the only thing holding us back right now I feel. Cause our rebounding is freakin awesome and defense is solid.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
              It could have been different. We didn't defend the 3 well. We threw up a triple dozen ourselves. And we rarely went inside. Oh ya, and we had stupid turnovers.

If Baylor shoots that well in every game, they'll win the Big XII easy. I think we just caught one of their good nights.

I'll give em that credit. No offensive scheme at all, but some pretty good shooters and athletes.

I like starting off the year with less pressure anyways. No 9-0 start this year. We'll be a wayy better team at the end than at the beginning anyways - which is the preferred way anyways.

we won't play Illinois Chicago tomorrow, its either Notre Dame or Monmouth?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                It could have been different. We didn't defend the 3 well. We threw up a triple dozen ourselves. And we rarely went inside. Oh ya, and we had stupid turnovers.

We won't play UIC. Either Notre Dame or Monmouth.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I'm predicting a season similar to the one Bradley had in 05-06.

The ingredients are all here, it's just going to take a month or longer for them to mix properly. Our 3 point shooting needs to improve, and that means either Ellis or Griskenas is going to have to start dropping them.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• We'll play either Notre Dame or Monmouth
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• We ned to get somebody to show up on the O. I hope we don't burn out Matt he's got 36 and 37 minutes in the first two games. We don't really have any other option at the point htough.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02
                        Originally posted by ShockerFever

we won't play Illinois Chicago tomorrow, its either Notre Dame or Monmouth?
                        Oops, mah bad.. Insert Momouth (likely) in for UIC.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• How about Clemente...REBOUNDING GENIUS tonight!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz
                            We ned to get somebody to show up on the O. I hope we don't burn out Matt he's got 36 and 37 minutes in the first two games. We don't really have any other option at the point htough.
                            Someone is going to have to step up at point. Gal needs to so PJ can get some time at the 2. Mantas should also come around in the scoring department. Heck, maybe we should just play PJ at the point......
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock
                              Originally posted by Zardoz
                              We ned to get somebody to show up on the O. I hope we don't burn out Matt he's got 36 and 37 minutes in the first two games. We don't really have any other option at the point htough.
                              Someone is going to have to step up at point. Gal needs to so PJ can get some time at the 2. Mantas should also come around in the scoring department. Heck, maybe we should just play PJ at the point......
                              PJ is probably the next best option at the point. We need some help on that end of the court.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• overall, i'm pleased with the performance tonight. we rebounded well and got after it. we do have a bit of a problem at the point, but I agree, pj would be the next best option.

oh how things could change december 14th.

we will be much better come conference time and i can't wait for a shot in st louis.

as long as we make a postseason... i want an ncaa, but i'll take some nit home games!

Comment

Working...
                                X