No announcement yet.

Recruiting classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikeshox I agree with most of what you say but wonder if Stutz may not play some power forward because of his range.

Comment

Originally posted by benishock
      Mikeshox I agree with most of what you say but wonder if Stutz may not play some power forward because of his range.
      I could certainly see that as a possibility. I believe I would expect to see him concentrate more on one position next year and expand later, but it would certainly be a possibility for him to get in some PF time next year.

Comment

A 7'0" Power Forward with range(GS) and a 7'0" Center with NBA potential and can swat shots away for more Shocker possessions? Hmmmmmm! Now that would be groovy and we could just call them our "Twin Tower Connection." Now surround them with what we have back and coming in next year----- Wow-----bring it!!!!!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by benishock
          The challenge would be guarding smaller more athletic 4's.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

i get the feeling from hearing comments from Gregg about both players that Ehimen is more a defensive impact player kind of like alonzo morning type of player that needs to work on his offensive a little, and Garrett is more of a Dirk type of 7 footer, who is very skilled with his offense who can score with both hands and can hit the 3 point shot.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Next year I think Durley will be more PF with maybe some time at C. Stutz will be mostly P with some time at PF.

The quicker, more athletic opponents' PF's may discover Orukpe playing someting resembling "goalie".

I'd expect Hawkins to get minutes at SF sooner than SG. His athleticism and size make him a good option at backside help on D, his ups put another rebounder in a good position, and his ability to play above the rim make him a good offensive threat down low.

I'd like to see Orukpe get here for second semester and play this year. Some esperiemce in the frontcourt would be valuable going into next year.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I have some info for you guys about 2009 Seaman Guard Bryce Simons 6-4. He is most likely going to choose between you guys or Creighton. He is the nephew of former Shocker Jay Jackson.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                    Originally posted by Capitol Shock
                    When was the last time we signed three "3" star recruits in the same class?
                    If they even rated the kids back then – probably the early 80s and possibly one of Fogler's recruiting classes. I am just guessing.

In any event, not for quite a while.
                    Given the wisdom on this board, which is considerable, there is simply no possible way Fogler could have ever, ever had an equal recruiting class since we all know that he left the cupboard bare.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                      If they even rated the kids back then – probably the early 80s and possibly one of Fogler's recruiting classes. I am just guessing.

Given the wisdom on this board, which is considerable, there is simply no possible way Fogler could have ever, ever had an equal recruiting class since we all know that he left the cupboard bare.
                      Admittedly, I was guessing but Fogler did have some good squads and John Cooper played his first two seasons for him – I believe he was a Fogler recruit. The last time WSU had any sort of success prior to Turgeon was under Fogler – whether you like it or not. And I never liked Fogler. Granted he may have done most of his damage with Smithson's players.

I was not comparing his classes to those in the early 80s (which is the last time, I can say for certain that WSU signed a highly regarded player Mo Evans aside) – the fact is I did not know which is why I said I was guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC

Admittedly, I was guessing but Folger did have some good squads and John Cooper played his first two seasons for him – I believe he was a Folger recruit. The last time WSU had any sort of success prior to Turgeon was under Folger – whether you like it or not. And I never liked Folger. Granted he may have done most of his damage with Smithson's players.

I was not comparing his classes to those in the early 80s (which is the last time, I can say for certain that WSU signed a highly regarded player Mo Evans aside) – the fact is I did not know which is why I said I was guessing.
                        I usually avoid being the spelling police, because frankly on a message board it is stupid and annoying. However, not one or two, but four, references to what is in my morning mug was incredibly funny to me. I don't know why. His name was Eddie Fogler.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
                          Originally posted by ABC

Admittedly, I was guessing but Folger did have some good squads and John Cooper played his first two seasons for him – I believe he was a Folger recruit. The last time WSU had any sort of success prior to Turgeon was under Folger – whether you like it or not. And I never liked Folger. Granted he may have done most of his damage with Smithson's players.

I usually avoid being the spelling police, because frankly on a message board it is stupid and annoying. However, not one or two, but four, references to what is in my morning mug was incredibly funny to me. I don't know why. His name was Eddie Fogler.
                          Thanks for pointing that out. The sad thing is I got it right the first time around. Sometimes I think I am losing my mind.

It should be fixed now.

Comment

Working...
                          X