No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya the first test that they sent in there government lost so thats why it has takin so long
    ShockerNut 2305

Comment

• WOW.

shouldn't surprise me....

it's destiny. 4 years is better than 3 and 1/2 :good:
      veni, vidi, vici

Comment

• Wondered what happened! That makes sense. 8) :posterwsu:
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• yep it sure was destiny lol
          ShockerNut 2305

Comment

• Actually the test had to be retaken because it was suspected that there were some fraudulent scores...had nothing to do with losing a test.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan
              Actually the test had to be retaken because it was suspected that there were some fraudulent scores...had nothing to do with losing a test.
              Yep. This happened back in September.

Comment

• The grassy knoll....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                  The grassy knoll....
                  The gassy troll!
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• If Durley hadn't shown what he can do there might be an argument for giving Oruple some minutes if he showed up at this stage of the season. Post isn't WSU's weakness.

It doesn't seem likely that Clemente gets any minutes at SF. That doesn't seem like a good spot for him. Clemente's minutes will be at either PF or C. Thomasson and Durley are 4/5 players and doing pretty well. The 4/5 rotation of Clemente, Thomasson and Durley is working fairly well.

I still expect Griskenas to come around. Griskenas is certainly closer to having productive minutes than any player who arrives 2 or 3 months behind the practice and game experience of the rest of the team.

I see no reason for any expectation of a player, regardless of potential, who arrives in January with not a single minute of American basketball experience making the transition to D1 ball in a 2-month time frame.

If we were waiting at the airport tonight for Orukpe's plane to land, there could be a faint glimmer of hope. We're not doing that. The next glimmer of hope is that we're waiting at the airport for Orukpe to arrive in time to enroll for spring classes. That's not a lock yet. If Orukpe arrives in time to enroll fopr spring classes, then the time to acclimate, learn American ball and learn Marshall's system would be better spent in practices and not in games.

A January arrival is an almost automatic redshirt.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Playing him was based off of him showing up within the next week. Since Butler hasn't been able to play yet it would be nice to have another big who could play some D and move Mantas to more SF. Post hasn't been a huge concern yet, but it didn't seem like a big concern last year until Vegas and beyond. Having an athletic 7 footer can help there.

I still don't expect him to be here in time. I'd heard some things that gave me some hope, but....
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                        No way in hell Durley coulda played last year, sadly. Wishing won't make it so. I wish Orupke couda played last year, last week, etc.
                        Durley almost played in the MVC tournament.

Turgeon in a moment of anger sent him to scorer table to come into the game. There was timeout and it looks like the assistant coaches talked him out of it as he reconsidered and pulled him back.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                          Originally posted by pinstripers
                          No way in hell Durley coulda played last year, sadly. Wishing won't make it so. I wish Orupke couda played last year, last week, etc.

Turgeon in a moment of anger sent him to scorer table to come into the game. There was timeout and it looks like the assistant coaches talked him out of it as he reconsidered and pulled him back.
                          there went another thing we could have ragged on turgeon for
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock

Actually, I believe that was Chris Brown.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                              Originally posted by SB Shock

Actually, I believe that was Chris Brown.
                              I think Chris Brown had already played in a game a couple weeks before that.

Comment

• I think he means that it was Chris Brown at the scorer's table.

Comment

Working...
                                X