Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on Orukpe?

What is the latest on Orupke? Any insider knowledge? I thought the Eagle might have something today. I was wrong.

ya know, we are now less than a month away from Dec 14, the date we were all hoping he would be playing, not just here, but PLAYING. Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
      ya know, we are now less than a month away from Dec 14, the date we were all hoping he would be playing, not just here, but PLAYING. Any updates?
      Here is a recent picture of him at home in Lagos. But other than that, no sign of the big kid.

I thought local bureaucracy was frustrating, but..........

Comment

What really sucks is that he's on our roster almost everywhere you look.

NCAA.com features live video, live scoring, rankings, news and statistics for all college sports across all divisions in the NCAA.

Comment

I'm getting real nervous about this.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Look at how hard the coaching staff went after Stutz. Does this mean that they have doubts about him showing up?

Comment

Originally posted by benishock
              Look at how hard the coaching staff went after Stutz. Does this mean that they have doubts about him showing up?
              I do not think signing Stutz has anything to do with Orupke's situation. When you can ink a kid with the size and potential that Stutz has – you do it.

Comment

I think if they knew, Orupke wasnt coming, then they would have got another post player
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I don't suspect they have doubts about him showing up, but more along the lines of worrying that it may be next year before he gets here. I think we should ask ol Chuck to get his legal team together to see if they can at least get some info as to what can be done to expedite this process to ensure a timely arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                    . . . what can be done to expedite this process to ensure a timely arrival.
                    Legal bribes. (Yes, bribes to expedite processes in Nigeria are legal.)

But probably frowned on by the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by benishock
                      When you have a chance to sign a Stutz-player, you do it - even if you have five other 7 footers on the team. 8)
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                        Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                        . . . what can be done to expedite this process to ensure a timely arrival.
                        Legal bribes. (Yes, bribes to expedite processes in Nigeria are legal.)

But probably frowned on by the NCAA.
                        That would be like paying for a private charter vs. flying coach correct? ;-)

Comment

bump ;)

Comment

Shocks still waiting on latest test results:

Comment

Am I the only one that finds it strange that there is absolutely no information, whatsoever, provided about Orukpe?

I would hope that someone from the coaching staff is at least communicating with him on a weekly basis. Like: How are you? We are really looking forward to your arrival. We've really got a great bunch of new recruits coming in next year to play with you. What are you doing to stay in shape? Playing any basketball, dodging bullets, whatever?

I remember last year several (before MT's departure) that several recruits commented that they chose WSU because the coaching staff showed continued interest in them. The same would hold too for a young man, far away, who is probably ten times more disappointed than we fans are that he has not been able to join his new team.

Comment

Working...
                              X