booing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattman Shocker Loyalist
    To those Shocker fans who booed your team. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? If your gonna boo your own team, stay home. If you own season tickets, turn them in, give them to someone who will ACTUALLY support the team, and don't come back until you've got your acts together.
    :good: :clap: :yes:
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by kstarheel
      I totally agree about booing the cheerleaders that can't throw... also the people shooting from the chair... that just infuriates me that they can't hit the rim. ;-)
      The girl cheer leaders have stronger arms then the men cheerleaders.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
        Originally posted by kstarheel
        I totally agree about booing the cheerleaders that can't throw... also the people shooting from the chair... that just infuriates me that they can't hit the rim. ;-)
        The girl cheer leaders have stronger arms then the men cheerleaders.
        Im pretty sure some of the toddler girls they had out there tonight could throw a t shirt better then some of those guys
        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
          Originally posted by shockerfan
          This team deserved to get booed at several points in this game.

Okay, some perspective: Yeah, we have won 20 games, and haven't lost at home. This has been a good year, and things are moving in the right direction for the program overall.

But for real, we lost to this team that shouldn't be within 20 points of us and almost beat us tonight. This season's arrow is definitely pointing downward.

And since when did booing your team equate to calling their mom names?

Fans have been booing their teams for centuries.

It's one thing to be losing when you are doing your best and trying, but when you are playing like garbage and acting like you could give two dumps, you deserve to get booed. It doesn't mean that you aren't fans, it means you are extremely displeased with said teams performance and believe they are capable of better.

If no one cared, they wouldn't even bother showing any emotion at all.

Maybe instead of taking out your frustration on your fanbase, you go out and freakin' pound Evansville by 30, and then no one will boo you.

Where is this team's perspective?

God, I want to be happy about a win, but good Lord....
          Go away
          Boo hoo.
          Eat a big one.

Comment

My guess is if it wasn't e-ville for the second time in 8 days looking for conference win number 2 out of thier 16th conference game played then the boos wouldn't have come out despite frustrating play.

I think if you look at it from that perspective and add in the fact that I don't ever recall booing at any other game I've been to then it seems as though it can be attributed to an overflow of emotion due to what seemed like a possible second loss to the last place team in 8 days.

Comment

I thought it was right after halftime, because I wasn't able to listen to the first four minutes of the 2nd half and I didn't hear any boos except for the bad calls.

Comment

Could you imagine being a recruit and hearing fans booing the home team? Would you want to go there?

Sure they mess up, but who doesn't?

The Shocks are not professional athletes; they are very young men. We need to support them.

Comment

I thought it was right before halftime, and it was no big deal.

Comment

My question would be what good does booing serve, other than making yourself the booer feel better? Do any of you who have worked with young people (yes, these college kids are young people) ever found that booing them is helpful?

That being said, everyone, EVERYONE has a right to their opinion, so please stop berating each other here just because you disagree. It is possible to state your disagreement without calling other people names.

I groaned and yelled in misery many times tonight, but I will NOT EVER boo at my team. I'll boo officials when its deserved until I'm in the grave. Then I'll haunt them in the afterlife.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hell yes I booed! I booed the worst, and I mean the ABSOLUTE WORST call I have EVER seen in a basketball game.

I've watched Shaquille O'Neal play. I saw the entire Michael Jordan era, and never before had I seen such a bull**** call as the one at the end of regulation tonight. I've seen clean blocks called fouls, I've seen runaway charges called blocks, I've seen Dick Bavetta, but I've never seen such a manufactured call as that "shooting foul."

As for the over-and-back, I was disgusted, but I don't think I booed. If I did, I'm sorry. I never want to boo the kids.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

A caller on the post game show said maybe the booing was misinterpreted because the people in his section were booing some rude Evansville fans at the moment in question..

Comment

First of all: booing is _almost_ always rude no matter what.

It is rude to boo the opposing team when they are being announced. But that's a lighthearted dig by our students, so what can you do?

It's rude to constantly boo refs. Under extroardinary circumstances it's okay to boo refs but only after repeatedly blowing particularly bad calls. If you are constantly booing everything you _think_ is a bad call, you are just annoying everyone around you.

It is never really appropriate to boo a player unless he has committed a flagrant foul that was meant to or could have hurt somebody. Or if they are starting a fight by swinging, taunting, or chesting up to another player.

Signed Mrs. Manners

P.S. In Philadelphia all booing etiquette is completely ignored and you can even boo your own mother's cooking.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It's such a minute minority of fans that stoop to such classless acts, but it's important to remember that no matter how frustrating the game is, or how poorly the team performs, they are amateur athletes, not multi-million dollar contracted pro athletes.

Shocker fans are great because we support our team through thick and thin. Just because you pay for a ticket doesn't make it acceptable to boo even if technically you CAN. We all have many rights that we don't often exercise because it's just not the right thing to do in some situations.

When things get tough, (and 22-6 is hardly a bad season no matter what way you look at it) the loyal fans find a way to cheer even when it's hard to. This team needs our support, not our boos. I believe we have the best fans in all of sports, and the stupidity of a few idiots tonight doesn't change that belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
                              First of all: booing is _almost_ always rude no matter what.

It is rude to boo the opposing team when they are being announced. But that's a lighthearted dig by our students, so what can you do?

It's rude to constantly boo refs. Under extroardinary circumstances it's okay to boo refs but only after repeatedly blowing particularly bad calls. If you are constantly booing everything you _think_ is a bad call, you are just annoying everyone around you.

It is never really appropriate to boo a player unless he has committed a flagrant foul that was meant to or could have hurt somebody. Or if they are starting a fight by swinging, taunting, or chesting up to another player.

Signed Mrs. Manners

P.S. In Philadelphia all booing etiquette is completely ignored and you can even boo your own mother's cooking.
                              They boo Santa Claus in Philly!

They also chuck D-cell batteries. BTW, anybody else notice the police presence on the floor tonight? I wonder if people are touchy after the Mississippi State thing.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                                Originally posted by shockerfan
                                This team deserved to get booed at several points in this game.

Okay, some perspective: Yeah, we have won 20 games, and haven't lost at home. This has been a good year, and things are moving in the right direction for the program overall.

But for real, we lost to this team that shouldn't be within 20 points of us and almost beat us tonight. This season's arrow is definitely pointing downward.

And since when did booing your team equate to calling their mom names?

Fans have been booing their teams for centuries.

It's one thing to be losing when you are doing your best and trying, but when you are playing like garbage and acting like you could give two dumps, you deserve to get booed. It doesn't mean that you aren't fans, it means you are extremely displeased with said teams performance and believe they are capable of better.

If no one cared, they wouldn't even bother showing any emotion at all.

Maybe instead of taking out your frustration on your fanbase, you go out and freakin' pound Evansville by 30, and then no one will boo you.

Where is this team's perspective?

God, I want to be happy about a win, but good Lord....
                                Go away
                                Boo hoo.
                                Eat a big one.
                                It must be nice to leave your emotions at the door when it's tip-off.

You are a better person than me. Funny thing, sometimes, I get emotional when the Shox play and also sometimes frustrated.

I throw myself at the mercy of the boo police.

Good grief.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X