booing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booing?

I left with a minute plus to go in regulation. (I usually don't do that, so don't want to hear it, and the shox had it up by 6 or so).

When did the booing take place?

Re: booing?

Originally posted by Ta town
    I left with a minute plus to go in regulation. (I usually don't do that, so don't want to hear it, and the shox had it up by 6 or so).

When did the booing take place?
    I do recall a brief moment when a few fans seemed to be booing the team, but can't recall the exact moment in the game...

I did some booing with .3 seconds left in the game, but that was at the refs.

Comment

I booed many times tonight. Never at the players. It's always tough to play 8 on 5. Nobody around me booed the players.
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

The booing was well before that if I remember right. I think it was at a point where they were down and it was a time-out.

I was PISSED when that happened. I'm as frustrated as anyone, but to freaking BOO? I am sure no one on here is stupid enough to have done that. But just in case...give your tickets away and NEVER come back....EVER. In fact, just send me a message and let me know where we can meet up...I have some frustration I would LOVE to take out on you.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

it was when Hatch threw a pass that resulted in an over and back according to a post by Rosewood on the game thread...

Comment

I think it was the under 12 media TO.

Comment

they just said right before halftime..........I don't recall that

I did yell "thats terrible", when the steal happened and the layup with no time left to make it a 2 point game but i don't remember booing. maybe i was too disgusted at the time to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
                they just said right before halftime..........I don't recall that

I did yell "thats terrible", when the steal happened and the layup with no time left to make it a 2 point game but i don't remember booing. maybe i was too disgusted at the time to hear it.
                It wasn't tons of people so it wasn't overly loud. I'm glad no one around me did it. They would have been jumped LOL. And not just by me, alot of people around me were disgusted when the booing happened.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
                  it was when Hatch threw a pass that resulted in an over and back according to a post by Rosewood on the game thread...
                  Yep, that was it. There were also a smattering people actively insulting players throughout the game when they did anything wrong. It is one thing to moan, but to go on a verbal tirade against your own team or booing them is completely out of line.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

You know as a paying customer I have every single right to boo if I see fit. If you dont like it maybe you should find out why people are booing and do your best to correct and rectify said situation.

With that said.........

This team has 21 wins. Sure it was against a pretty bad schedule and we lost games that we shouldn't so to be overtly pissed is a stretch. (lack of effort i.e. loss at evansville excluded)

p.s. Ive been at home all night and wasnt there.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                      You know as a paying customer I have every single right to boo if I see fit. If you dont like it maybe you should find out why people are booing and do your best to correct and rectify said situation.

With that said.........

This team has 21 wins. Sure it was against a pretty bad schedule and we lost games that we shouldn't so to be overtly pissed is a stretch. (lack of effort i.e. loss at evansville excluded)
                      I came to give my .02 and see it's already been done.

Good Work, sir.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

I was surprised Greg made such an issue of it by calling out the '1%' crowd that booed. I think there was some 'displeasure' at giving up the layup before halftime, but other than that most of the boos in my section were directed and the mugging going on inside. And, of course, that ridiculous call with .3 secs left should have been booed. Very tense game; glad the Shox pulled it out. *some guy in front of me got made at me for begging Greg to light a fire under them when they were down 34-40; guess he thought I was questioning his coaching, which I wasn't*

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
                          This is correct and I was pissed to hear it and I'm glad HCGM called out those idiots.

If someone in your section boo's the team, tell them to shove it.

Comment

I've booed the refs, I've booed thuggery on the part of opposing players, but I've never once booed "my" team, no matter which sport. And I've been at some Chiefs games where I really wanted to. And when you consider these kids are unpaid, and still teens in most cases, booing them for trying, even when it looks like they're not trying, is wrong.
                            Now, logging into a message board under an anonymous moniker to pick apart performances and criticize coaching decisions...totally okay.
                            :yes:

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

With that said.........

p.s. Ive been at home all night and wasnt there.
                              I partially agree with what you said, but I think what Greg and Mike said is that they'd rather not have that type of person as a paying customer and I agree with that also. Just like in any buisness, sometimes the hassle of dealing with some people isn't worth the money you make from them.

Comment

Working...
                              X