booing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan
    Hmmm ???? 8 pages on Booing ,, instead of 3 or 4 threads about a Woefully pitiful performance by our Shocks. ,,, Just sayin ..
    There's an 18 page game thread that covers the game pretty well. I think the posters have certainly covered the on-court performance pretty well.

Let's face it: we're 6-4 in the last ten, with only 1 road win at SIU. Everybody, including our HC, is mad. The atmosphere has changed dramatically, especially since the loss at EU.

The great part is that the Shocks have a great opportunity on Saturday night to reverse the trend, and beat a quality opponent at their place. It's a chance to re-focus, and just go play. Let the past be the past, and get OOC. It's a great chance to sharpen the tools heading into the final games of the regular season and the the Valley Tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      Originally posted by SubGod22
      If recruits are swayed by a few boos that says more about them than us. Some of you act like it was a huge portion of fans involved.
      I agree. The recruits were probably far more affected by how the team played than how the fans reacted. And if the smattering of boos bothered any recruits than the response of the fans at the end of the game and into OT should have really impressed them.

Heck, who knows maybe recruits were among those booing! (Just Kidding)
      :good: :good:

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredster
        Fever, please elaborate on why you think Eric Sexton is lacking as an AD. Is it because SASO has raised the most money ever this year? Is it because he is on his way to winning his third straight MVC all sports trophy? Is it because he appears to have hired a good girls tennis coach? Is it because he locked up Chris Lamb? Is it because his bread and butter sport is 21-6? Is it because he is a warm and caring human being who cares as much about the $100 donor as the $$$ donor (unlike Schaus)? Is it because he is short? Does he not bleed Shocker sufficiently? What's your problem with him? Is it because he didn't slug some one in St. Louis last year? I don't mind you being a contrarian, but on this issue, you are stupid. Get off it.

:yahoo: :yahoo:
        Not trying to jump in the fray, as ShockerFever can handle that just fine.
        There is a lot of subjective plus and minus attributes to the job he's done thus far. I personally think he's still growing into it and learning from what I consider a number of mistakes (subjective as that might be).

My big issue is that he doesn't seem to communicate well on the direction he wants to take WSU. I still have absolutely no idea where he stands on football, the Valley, adding sports, paygrades for keeping top notch coaches, what are his biggest concerns/challenges, and what he's going to do for Shocker athletics.

Other than than, I realize he'll screw up from time to time and seems much more reactionary than proactive. Are the coaches comfortable with him?
        I want to support the guy, but there are still plenty of unknowns about him. For two years on the job, that seems a little concerning to me.

I'm starting to think he's just a well liked, quiet, hand-shaking, meek guy who is probably quite smart and keeps things pretty close to the vest.

As far as the boo-birds. It comes with the high amount of support fans have with Shocker Athetics. There's been a number of times when fans have gotten torqued off at Shocker Baseball players. HCGM, as well as I like him, should have just ignored it and not have latched on to the negative. Instead he could have said something along the lines of "What I heard were the 10,400 fans cheering pretty loud when we needed their support." Coach is a pretty protective guy when it comes to his players, and you have to appreciate that.

Comment

• I was saying boo-urns....
          Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas
            Originally posted by Fredster
            Fever, please elaborate on why you think Eric Sexton is lacking as an AD. Is it because SASO has raised the most money ever this year? Is it because he is on his way to winning his third straight MVC all sports trophy? Is it because he appears to have hired a good girls tennis coach? Is it because he locked up Chris Lamb? Is it because his bread and butter sport is 21-6? Is it because he is a warm and caring human being who cares as much about the $100 donor as the $$$ donor (unlike Schaus)? Is it because he is short? Does he not bleed Shocker sufficiently? What's your problem with him? Is it because he didn't slug some one in St. Louis last year? I don't mind you being a contrarian, but on this issue, you are stupid. Get off it.

There is a lot of subjective plus and minus attributes to the job he's done thus far. I personally think he's still growing into it and learning from what I consider a number of mistakes (subjective as that might be).

My big issue is that he doesn't seem to communicate well on the direction he wants to take WSU. I still have absolutely no idea where he stands on football, the Valley, adding sports, paygrades for keeping top notch coaches, what are his biggest concerns/challenges, and what he's going to do for Shocker athletics.

Other than than, I realize he'll screw up from time to time and seems much more reactionary than proactive. Are the coaches comfortable with him?
            I want to support the guy, but there are still plenty of unknowns about him. For two years on the job, that seems a little concerning to me.

I'm starting to think he's just a well liked, quiet, hand-shaking, meek guy who is probably quite smart and keeps things pretty close to the vest.

As far as the boo-birds. It comes with the high amount of support fans have with Shocker Athetics. There's been a number of times when fans have gotten torqued off at Shocker Baseball players. HCGM, as well as I like him, should have just ignored it and not have latched on to the negative. Instead he could have said something along the lines of "What I heard were the 10,400 fans cheering pretty loud when we needed their support." Coach is a pretty protective guy when it comes to his players, and you have to appreciate that.
            Tell me when Schaus communicated these same things? He didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas
              As far as the boo-birds. It comes with the high amount of support fans have with Shocker Athetics. There's been a number of times when fans have gotten torqued off at Shocker Baseball players.
              Yeah, I remember the 1989 team got booed at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
                Originally posted by Veritas

I believe he did when he first took the job and the whole program was pretty poor from top to bottom, but once those improved he never reshaped or refocused that vision in public to my knowledge. No reason to believe ADES would do anything but attempt to continue the successfull program that he took over in the same manner Schaus was his last few years here.

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn
                  I believe he did when he first took the job and the whole program was pretty poor from top to bottom, but once those improved he never reshaped or refocused that vision in public to my knowledge. No reason to believe ADES would do anything but attempt to continue the successfull program that he took over in the same manner Schaus was his last few years here.
                  And I think that is essentially what Eric stated in his introductory press conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                    As far as the boo-birds. It comes with the high amount of support fans have with Shocker Athetics. There's been a number of times when fans have gotten torqued off at Shocker Baseball players.
                    Yeah, I remember the 1989 team got booed at home.
                    I remember players coming out of the dugout to address the catcalls. One player yelling to one guy to "....and just go home." It was great.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC

ABC: I'm not trying to compare/contrast Shaus and ADES, though I'm very very appreciative of what Shaus did for WSU athletics. It is my own personal concerns regarding Eric. Regardless of who the AD is, you must have a vision, communicate it and drive for it. You personally might see a thousand great things he does behind the scenes. Unfortunately, I'm not in that position to see those very things that seem to put you over the moon for the guy. Doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. It's just my personal perception.

Comment

• I like ES and think he is doing a good job.

Comment

• Surely someone will make up some 'No Booing' or 'I won't Boo' t-shirts for the final home game.. right?
                          :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by kstarheel
                            Surely someone will make up some 'No Booing' or 'I won't Boo' t-shirts for the final home game.. right?
                            What about WSBoo???

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_
                              Originally posted by kstarheel
                              Surely someone will make up some 'No Booing' or 'I won't Boo' t-shirts for the final home game.. right?
                              What about WSBoo???

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_
                                Originally posted by kstarheel
                                What about WSBoo???
                                I like the shirt you're wearing much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X