booing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
    You know as a paying customer I have every single right to boo if I see fit. If you dont like it maybe you should find out why people are booing and do your best to correct and rectify said situation.

With that said.........

This team has 21 wins. Sure it was against a pretty bad schedule and we lost games that we shouldn't so to be overtly pissed is a stretch. (lack of effort i.e. loss at evansville excluded)

p.s. Ive been at home all night and wasnt there.
    Please ASM let me persuade you to change your mind.

These players are kids. Yes, they get paid via scholarships but they are still just kids. They are also Wichita State, so let us keep our expectations in check.

Take your frustrations out at the bar afterwards and here. Sit on your hands. But booing "your" team is uncalled for regardless of what is going on (or not going on).

Comment

I would never boo our own players unless one of them committed some atrocious unsportsman like conduct or something (punches an opponent for no reason, etc).

That said, I do struggle with not booing the cheerleader dude that throws like a girl. I mean you don't have to hit the rafters or anything, but is row 11 or a little higher too much to ask?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
        Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
        You know as a paying customer I have every single right to boo if I see fit. If you dont like it maybe you should find out why people are booing and do your best to correct and rectify said situation.

With that said.........

This team has 21 wins. Sure it was against a pretty bad schedule and we lost games that we shouldn't so to be overtly pissed is a stretch. (lack of effort i.e. loss at evansville excluded)

p.s. Ive been at home all night and wasnt there.
        I partially agree with what you said, but I think what Greg and Mike said is that they'd rather not have that type of person as a paying customer and I agree with that also. Just like in any buisness, sometimes the hassle of dealing with some people isn't worth the money you make from them.
        My father-in-law has been kicked out of a couple restaurants and told not to return just because he's such a PITA to the waitresses and cooks. That's why some places put up the "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" signs.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
          The booing was well before that if I remember right. I think it was at a point where they were down and it was a time-out.

I was PISSED when that happened. I'm as frustrated as anyone, but to freaking BOO? I am sure no one on here is stupid enough to have done that. But just in case...give your tickets away and NEVER come back....EVER. In fact, just send me a message and let me know where we can meet up...I have some frustration I would LOVE to take out on you.
          I dont see what your problem is with booing when something goes horribly wrong and it is obviously your teams fault. When they threw away the inbounds pass at .3 seconds, I threw a mixture of fury and frustration out in a yell. So technically not booing, but still. That was stupid basketball they were playing, and I dont see why we pay good money for tickets and cant vent our frustration. Ive been a diehard fan for 6 years, always looking at the number of bandwagoning KU fans in the area and wishing I could like a team thats only worry was if they were a one or a two seed.
          That type of yelling in my opinion is acceptable at rare, rare occasions. If someone is really booing the team, tell them to get out of Koch. But I know for a FACT that I was not the only one yelling after that pass in my section for sure, and many in the stadium.
          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

I heard the booing and was surprised especially considering the level of dedication of WSU fans.

There is no denying the level of team play tonight was sub-par.

There is also no denying certain players (mainly Murry) were really bad.

But booing the home team?

C'mon, leave that type of juvenile behavior to CU fans. 8)
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Yelling in frustration is completely different then a boo.

Comment

The closest people (beside the students) are the "entitled", the closet KU, K-State fans who are in sitting in corporate weenies seats.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushockerdude
                  The booing was well before that if I remember right. I think it was at a point where they were down and it was a time-out.

I was PISSED when that happened. I'm as frustrated as anyone, but to freaking BOO? I am sure no one on here is stupid enough to have done that. But just in case...give your tickets away and NEVER come back....EVER. In fact, just send me a message and let me know where we can meet up...I have some frustration I would LOVE to take out on you.
                  I dont see what your problem is with booing when something goes horribly wrong and it is obviously your teams fault. When they threw away the inbounds pass at .3 seconds, I threw a mixture of fury and frustration out in a yell. So technically not booing, but still. That was stupid basketball they were playing, and I dont see why we pay good money for tickets and cant vent our frustration. Ive been a diehard fan for 6 years, always looking at the number of bandwagoning KU fans in the area and wishing I could like a team thats only worry was if they were a one or a two seed.
                  That type of yelling in my opinion is acceptable at rare, rare occasions. If someone is really booing the team, tell them to get out of Koch. But I know for a FACT that I was not the only one yelling after that pass in my section for sure, and many in the stadium.
                  Vent frustrations fine...but don't boo the ****ing team. If you do, you should never come back. That's my take and if you don't agree with it....well then shove it.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

This team deserved to get booed at several points in this game.

Okay, some perspective: Yeah, we have won 20 games, and haven't lost at home. This has been a good year, and things are moving in the right direction for the program overall.

But for real, we lost to this team that shouldn't be within 20 points of us and almost beat us tonight. This season's arrow is definitely pointing downward.

And since when did booing your team equate to calling their mom names?

Fans have been booing their teams for centuries.

It's one thing to be losing when you are doing your best and trying, but when you are playing like garbage and acting like you could give two dumps, you deserve to get booed. It doesn't mean that you aren't fans, it means you are extremely displeased with said teams performance and believe they are capable of better.

If no one cared, they wouldn't even bother showing any emotion at all.

Maybe instead of taking out your frustration on your fanbase, you go out and freakin' pound Evansville by 30, and then no one will boo you.

Where is this team's perspective?

God, I want to be happy about a win, but good Lord....
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez

Okay, some perspective: Yeah, we have won 20 games, and haven't lost at home. This has been a good year, and things are moving in the right direction for the program overall.

But for real, we lost to this team that shouldn't be within 20 points of us and almost beat us tonight. This season's arrow is definitely pointing downward.

It's one thing to be losing when you are doing your best and trying, but when you are playing like garbage and acting like you could give two dumps, you deserve to get booed. It doesn't mean that you aren't fans, it means you are extremely displeased with said teams performance and believe they are capable of better.

Maybe instead of taking out your frustration on your fanbase, you go out and freakin' pound Evansville by 30, and then no one will boo you.

Go away
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I totally agree about booing the cheerleaders that can't throw... also the people shooting from the chair... that just infuriates me that they can't hit the rim. ;-)

Comment

Go away
                          Boo hoo.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

To those Shocker fans who booed your team. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? If your gonna boo your own team, stay home. If you own season tickets, turn them in, give them to someone who will ACTUALLY support the team, and don't come back until you've got your acts together.

Comment

Go away
                              Boo hoo.
                              Well at least we know 1 idiot in the bunch...who else?

Comment

Originally posted by kstarheel
                                I totally agree about booing the cheerleaders that can't throw... also the people shooting from the chair... that just infuriates me that they can't hit the rim. ;-)
                                "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                                Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Working...
                                X