Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could ask Coach Marshall one question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your comment a week ago on TV mentioned you considered this team "soft". What is your process for toughening them up and how do you measure their "toughness"?

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      The past is the past. Ask Memphis how much their league helps their at-large chances. There is no reason why WSU shouldn't dominate the league in basketball like it does in baseball. WSU is to the MVC in baseball as Memphis is to CUSA in basketball. If we had respectable programs with tradition like Tulsa or Memphis in the Valley then I would wish them well. As it is, we are a league of easily identifiable mid-major programs. WSU has characteristics that can allow it to separate from the pack and it should do so...
      I should know better than to try to argue with the infamous "Cold", but anyway... You say that the past is the past and then you try to say that you would have no problem with being in a league with programs with tradition like Tulsa and Memphis. Which one is it? You can't have it both ways. If you want to leave the past in the past, then you can't respect a program for its "tradition".

Tradition takes time to build. Can't you see that the Valley in the last two years has taken a huge leap? Three teams in the sweet sixteen the last two years. Creighton and Southern Illinois ARE NOW household names in college basketball, every bit as Tulsa is (or was). ESPN College Gameday going to SIU Arena for the Creighton game this year is proof of this. The reason why WSU doesn't dominate the league in basketball is because there are some great basketball teams in this league, and the rest of the nation now recognizes that.

Yes, some of the programs in Conference USA have more tradition than in the Valley. They have schools like Memphis, Houston, Tulsa, UTEP, and UAB, all great programs from a historical standpoint. But the Valley is building it's history right now. Give it some time. The Valley has a window of maybe one or two more years to solidify its status as a major league in college basketball. If a Valley school doesn't make it into the Elite 8 or Final Four in the next few years, then the rest of the country will give up on the Valley and it will fall back into obscurity with the rest of the mids. But right now the Valley has the spotlight on it, and that helps WSU.

Comment

Cropped Image.jpg

Thought I would revive this thread with this pic.
        “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
        John Wayne

Comment

Is Kung Wu really your favorite Shockernetter or did you just put that on his ball to make him happy?

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
            Can we reach a Final Four within 5 years?
            Sorry about that extra year, thanks for your patience.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
              Is Kung Wu really your favorite Shockernetter or did you just put that on his balls to make him happy?
              fixed
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ View Post
                If a train leaves Boston at 7:32 p.m., traveling to Miami at an average speed of 63.38 mph and another train leaves Portland at 12:59 a.m., traveling toward Miami at an average speed of 77.34 mph, and each train must travel 1,643.924 and 2,751.02 miles respectively, does WSU win the MVC tourny in the next 3 years?
                Sure, because Sheep eat grass. and Netflix has 21,374,916.375 actual subscribers.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                  Can I be an honorary towel boy/man this season?
                  I'm thinking this is a question I would like to ask Chris Lamb.

Comment

Did we lose to VCU in 2012 so we could get a better pick in the draft?

Comment

Hey Gregg,

Can I get a spot as a GA for the team next year?
                      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
                        Hey Gregg,

Can I get a spot as a GA for the team next year?
                        Me too!
                        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Oh, my goodness...I did not realize until late into my reading that this question was 5.5 years old!!!!!! And, yet...good questions!!!!
                          It is also good to know that people don't really change all that much!!!:)

Trivia...in the added picture, what brand of shoes is the player on the far left wearing?

Comment

Those shoes kind of look like Pro Keds...and behind that guy with the shoes in question, is that a young Coach K???

Comment

How many teeth did the Illinois State assistant coach almost lose?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                How many teeth did the Illinois State assistant coach almost lose?
                                And do mosu fans generally have any teeth at all

Comment

Working...
                                X