Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could ask Coach Marshall one question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22
    Can you hook me up with tickets?
    I'm sure he gets asked that quite a bit as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
      How did you honestly feel about MT bringing DB with him to A&M?

Secondly what is your honest assessment of the level of talent you inherited?
      Two damn good questions. Of course, all we would get is coachspeak.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Originally posted by RoyalShock
        Originally posted by wsu789
        Royal, I assume your's would be, what was the major committment you were talking about with Mr. Stutz?
        :lol:

No, actually it would be, "How high do you think WSU and the MVC can realistically reach in terms of NCAA success?"
        Who gives a rat's a$$ what the MVC attains??!! Does Gene Stephenson care how high the Valley goes? Our program should dominate despite the Valley's best attempts.
        Take off the blinders and drop the superiority complex act for a moment. Without the league-wide improvement that began with SMS (at the time), SIU and CU, WSU probably doesn't reach the Sweet 16.

Comment

Royal, I assume your's would be, what was the major committment you were talking about with Mr. Stutz?

No, actually it would be, "How high do you think WSU and the MVC can realistically reach in terms of NCAA success?"
          Who gives a rat's a$$ what the MVC attains??!! Does Gene Stephenson care how high the Valley goes? Our program should dominate despite the Valley's best attempts.
          Take off the blinders and drop the superiority complex act for a moment. Without the league-wide improvement that began with SMS (at the time), SIU and CU, WSU probably doesn't reach the Sweet 16.
          You are absolutely right. While I want to win the Valley every year, there are two things to keep in mind:

A) You want the league to be strong enough that you can easily get into the NCAA's without winning the Valley Tournament.

B) As Marshall saw at Winthrop, you can dominate your league, but get horrible seeding in the NCAA's if the league is not very strong. In fact, that is the main reason he left Winthrop, so we want the Valley to be as strong as possible.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

If a train leaves Boston at 7:32 p.m., traveling to Miami at an average speed of 63.38 mph and another train leaves Portland at 12:59 a.m., traveling toward Miami at an average speed of 77.34 mph, and each train must travel 1,643.924 and 2,751.02 miles respectively, does WSU win the MVC tourny in the next 3 years?
            That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

If you could have three wishes for your tenure at WSU what would they be?
              Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Can I be an honorary towel boy/man this season?

Comment

Question

Would you like to kick Dennis' a$$ for making stupid comments?

Comment

The past is the past. Ask Memphis how much their league helps their at-large chances. There is no reason why WSU shouldn't dominate the league in basketball like it does in baseball. WSU is to the MVC in baseball as Memphis is to CUSA in basketball. If we had respectable programs with tradition like Tulsa or Memphis in the Valley then I would wish them well. As it is, we are a league of easily identifiable mid-major programs. WSU has characteristics that can allow it to separate from the pack and it should do so...

T

...8)

Comment

There is only a small batch of 25-30 top "name" programs. The majority of those programs will come from the "Big 6" conferences and then a couple will come from a sprinkling of "mid-major" conferences (specifically, Memphis and Gonzaga). If our destiny is being determined by our league counterparts than we are not that much better than they are and are benefiting from what has become nationally known as the RPI-scam. I dream of our team controlling its own future (like when we walked in and beat LSU and SU) and creating a national reputation for ourselves that can be respected by fans of all schools and all conferences (just like Memphis and Gonzaga are). Nobody will EVER respect four Valley teams getting in the NCAA tournament or an auto-bid from the MVC which was built on beating other solid "mid-majors". But they will respect a top-25 WSU that earned its ranking by beating SEC and Big East teams on the road.

It's a great day...

T

...8)

Comment

Why did Sean Ogirri really leave?

Comment

You would need to ask Sean that.

Comment

Were you surprised at how many Fifi's were on this team when you arrived?

What is the max you can accomplish here at WSU?

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                              Were you surprised at how many Fifi's were on this team when you arrived?

What is the max you can accomplish here at WSU?

Both of these questions have been answered already.

Comment

Can we reach a Final Four within 5 years?

Comment

Working...
                                X