A "major commitment"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "major commitment"?

I originally put this in the Stutz thread but thought it might deserve it's own.

From the updated article on Stutz's verbal commitment:

Stutz and his parents decided to lean on friends for an informal prayer group Wednesday. When he arrived home later that night, WSU coach Gregg Marshall had left him a message. He called Marshall, who talked excitedly about the university making a "major commitment" to basketball in the near future.
    I wonder what that could mean?

I read that and wondered what that could mean. Since we just finished the updating the arena, plus all those extra's that included, plus a great new coach, what else can the University do for the team?

Comment

I noticed that too. I hope we hear the news soon.
      YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Wcome to Shocker Country Big Guy.......Another
        great job by the HC and his staff!!!!!!!

Comment

It is a curious statement. Personally, I am happy with the commitment that the administration has made to the basketball program the past 7 or 8 years. What do other big time programs offer that WSU does not? That might answer your question.

Comment

I thought about an athletic dormitory, but that's not specific to men's b-ball

The only other "major" things I can think of are pretty far-fetched:

- Moving to another conference, but at this point I don't see the logic in that.

- Raising the arena roof to add more seats.

Or it could just be additional funds to provide more charter flights and such. Mainly recruiting tools.

Comment

New unis with some yellow on them?
              "If you strive for perfection, often times you can achieve excellence." --Gregg Marshall

Comment

I was curious about that statement as well. Some pretty major commitments to the program have already been made in the past 7 years already:
                1. Turgeon was brought in to turn the program the right direction
                2. Henry Levitt Arena was transformed into Koch Arena
                3. Charter flights
                4. Gregg Marshall was brought in to keep the program up high

What does the next chapter hold?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  I thought about an athletic dormitory, but that's not specific to men's b-ball

The only other "major" things I can think of a pretty far-fetched:

- Moving to another conference, but at this point I don't see the logic in that.

- Raising the arena roof to add more seats.

Or it could just be additional funds to provide more charter flights and such. Mainly recruiting tools.
                  That would be sweet to add more seats!

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                    It is a curious statement. Personally, I am happy with the commitment that the administration has made to the basketball program the past 7 or 8 years. What do other big time programs offer that WSU does not? That might answer your question.
                    TV time???

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      Aren't they flying charter to every game as it is?
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

There is no way they are adding more seats right now and WSU is not moving to another conference in the foreseeable future. In addition, WSU has no direct control over television exposure.

Additional charter flights is something I thought about – do they have charter flights for the team or is it just for CGM on recruiting visits? I think this is the strongest possibility.

Comment

There is no way they are adding more seats right now and WSU is not moving to another conference in the foreseeable future.
                          Like I said, far-fetched, but they did come to mind.

In addition, WSU has no direct control over television exposure.
                          Why not? IIRC, KSU has their own deal with FSN. Maybe there is something in the works in this regard.

Comment

There is no way they are adding more seats right now and WSU is not moving to another conference in the foreseeable future. In addition, WSU has no direct control over television exposure.

Additional charter flights is something I thought about – do they have charter flights for the team or is it just for CGM on recruiting visits? I think this is the strongest possibility.
                            I seriously doubt if more flights for recruiting would be used as a "carrot" for getting a recruit to verbally commit.

Comment

Originally posted by shockall

I seriously doubt if more flights for recruiting would be used as a "carrot" for getting a recruit to verbally commit.
                              Perhaps there are some thoughts about moving to the new arena in a few years... :goshocks:

Comment

Working...
                              X