No announcement yet.

A "major commitment"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just shows how careful sports writers need to be in what they say and how they say it.

Suellentrop is writing based on a quote from Stutz from a message Stutz got from Marshall on his answering machine. The meaning of the message could have been lost in the translation somewhere. Coach Marshall always says things like "we're going to make a major commitment to get the best recruits" etc. etc. I think that's what he's talking about, just a commitment to get good recruits, go to big pre-season tournaments, make plans for the post-season, etc. Same stuff we already know.

Comment

Here’s an off- the-wall scenario to ponder. Could the “major commitment” be related to volleyball and men’s basketball? Crude oil is nearing $100 per barrel and Wink ;-) Hartman is going to need a major tax deduction… so are several others. Surely Wink’s a volleyball fan? His dream to build a 5K arena in Park City recently went down the tube. Instead, he’s going to donate the money to WSU to build a Wink ;-) Hartman “volleyball only” facility south of Koch Arena. This would allow Koch Arena to become a “basketball only” facility. There appears to be some scheduling conflicts with practice time for the 3 sports that play in Koch. The women's basketball team could also play games in the new 5K arena. I have a dream! ;-)
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A major commitment to basketball could be adding football.

Oh, I know how most of you feel about this topic. I just can't let it die.

:posterwsu: :posterwsu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
          A major commitment to basketball could be adding football.

Oh, I know how most of you feel about this topic. I just can't let it die.

:posterwsu: :posterwsu: :posterwsu:
          That was the first thing I thought of as well. To dream........

And I believe MSU is the only place that WSU doesn't charter a flight. They bus.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
            It is a curious statement. Personally, I am happy with the commitment that the administration has made to the basketball program the past 7 or 8 years. What do other big time programs offer that WSU does not? That might answer your question.
            What do other big time programs offer that WSU does not?
            Paychecks?

T

...8)

Comment

I had the same thought as SG and VBird. That is a major commitment.

So Cold, are you saying that some schools pay their athletes? :)

Comment

Well originally I thought maybe it's Marshall's commitment to be here his 4 years, but that wouldn't be the "university" making a commitment as they already did that with his contract....so I don't know unless it was misquoted somehow.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I got it! A new sound system. Oh, and a new indoor practice facility for the baseball team.

Comment

Charter flights for home games? :yes: :lol:
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Beer sales at the arena?
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
                        Beer sales at the arena?
                        Now we're talking! :D

Comment

Collectable, plastic souvenir cups with my sodas from the concession stands! Ones that have a big picture of WU on the side. :posterwu:

Comment

Maybe their going to commit some of our posters to the looney farm :D
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                              Maybe their going to commit some of our posters to the looney farm :D
                              Where do think I'm posting from? :wacko:

Comment

The blurb in the Eagle didn't do much more than further the speculation. Schaus says there are "no big plans" on the "immediate horizon", but Stutz says he "did not want to say more until WSU makes plans public."

From those comments I think there is something in the works, but it's six months, a year, or two years away from being ready for public consumption.

Comment

Working...
                                X