Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfan
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    I'm not particularly wild about the uni's either although I'm not apoplectic about it. But it is not what Dennis has said that is the issue with him. He isn't saying anything that had not already been said a number of times before he made his call. The issue, IMHO opinion is simply how he said it.
    I agree. And for any who didn't hear he took a shot at Mike by emphasizing that he feels the color is GOLD not yellow. Mike yesterday corrected Dennis by saying it's yellow, although I think Mike did this just because he was obviously irritated by Dennis. Dennis today said that the color is GOLD not yellow as his level of donation is Bold Gold not Bold Yellow...yadda yadda yadda....someone definately pissed in his wheaties.
    I agree that Mike corrected Dennis about the color only because he was highly irritated by Dennis' attitude and tone. Had Dennis been appropriately civil and mature with his tone, I'm confident Mike would have had no problem at all with the call.

Comment

From what Marshall said last night, Nike didn't give them any better options on the home whites. I get the sense they'll end up using the yellows more anyway.

Comment

Were the uniforms really that bad? Not that I care that much – I would rather them look like crap and win – the look pretty and lose.

Also – why does everyone care so much about this Dennis fellow anyway.

Comment

Hopefully this will be the last time Dennis gets to make that call....

"I"m sorry, we're having trouble with that line, let's go to our next caller."

<click!>

8)

Makes me think of that SNL skit on the airplane, "buh bye", wait for it, there it is again, "buh bye."

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
            Were the uniforms really that bad? Not that I care that much – I would rather them look like crap and win – the look pretty and lose.

Also – why does everyone care so much about this Dennis fellow anyway.
            No they werent that bad.

And this is from one of the biggest oppenents of the uni style.

They just lacked yellow add them in and we have a winner.

as far as Dennis goes you would have to listen to the call (which I was finally to do.

Im sorry you just dont call in to the second coaches show after the teams FIRST exhibition game and sit there and nit pick the man. I dont care if your Jim Schaus or Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              I get the sense they'll end up using the yellows more anyway.
              Thats a good problem to have though. Since I think its unanimous choce around here that those are flippin awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                Originally posted by CharlieHog
                Originally posted by ShockerPrez
                If someone is going to complain about uniforms, than I'm going to call coach Marshall and tell him that unless we get Jimmy Chitwood playin' ball we don't stand a prayer.

And on another note, commenting on men's uniforms, in my opinion, makes one look a little light in the shoe if you know what I mean. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Comments on uniforms should be kept for the ladies such as: "The women's uniforms make them look like tramps." or "I'd like to see just a little more cleavage up top and a little higher cut on the bottom"

On men, what is there to say? As long as they aren't pink, I'm sure that they are just fine.

Uniforms are a HUGE marketing tool.

Does the cover of a book, dvd, or cd matter? Of course. Do you ever see any of those things with plain covers, just black text on white?
                We still have the Black unforms and the Gold uniforms we can sell for marketing/fund raising purposes. My guess is they will dress up the home whites in the future. Maybe even this year, as the majority of opinion has been that they are just too vanilla and need more Shocker Yellow/Gold.

Of course, the biggest marketing tool for a College Sports team is to have a winning program. Personally, I'll take a winning program in lousy uniforms any day over a losing program in great uniforms. However, if you have a great program, you might as well have great uni's also.

yeah I was just responding to the "if you care about unis you must be homo" sentiment.

Comment

This problem with Dennis is he acts as if he is John Wooden. He obviously feels empowered by his "Bold Gold" status.

I'd say he is arrogant to the point of not having any discretion.

Comment

What is "Bold Gold" status??

Every call in show has the local nut job that thinks he or she knows it all. It sounds like Dennis is no different.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      This problem with Dennis is he acts as if he is John Wooden. He obviously feels empowered by his "Bold Gold" status.

I'd say he is arrogant to the point of not having any discretion.
                      He's also what I call a "verbal terrorist." He lobs multiple criticism grenades--criticisms that often don't have anything to do with one another nor, for that matter, any solid evidence behind them--just to get the sound byte.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                        What is "Bold Gold" status??

Every call in show has the local nut job that thinks he or she knows it all. It sounds like Dennis is no different.
                        "Bold Gold" is a level of SASO donation.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

The biggest problem with Dennis isn't that he's a complete loon, it's that he calls into EVERY show, no matter the time or format, and almost ALWAYS has the ability to make the most asinine statement humanly possible at the moment.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Dennis contributed between $950.00 and $1999.00 to SASO. I assume he made this public on a number of occasions. Does he want a cookie?

They have this one guy in NYC that calls into The Fan and ESPN all the time and rants about the Yankees, Knicks, Giants, etc. Mostly Yankees. The hosts generally just lead him on, clown him if necessary and that's it. And this guy can get really nasty – out of control. Sometimes it is funny.

Obviously, the radio shows in Wichita let Dennis on – they don't have to. I guess I don't see why everyone cares so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                            Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

Im trying to get the podcast now but its still not up. I only got to listen for the first 30 minutes. damn im mad I missed this
                            Pod cast is up and has been up for quite awhile as I downloaded it earlier this evening.
                            For those who don’t have the time to listen to the show in its entirety at what point does Dennis come on?

Comment

Not knowing the guy I’m guessing Dennis is the neighborhood snitch that makes life miserable for everyone. Probably a retired postal worker/insurance actuary who has too much time on his hands and is basically a miserable loser in life. He’s getting his 15 minutes of fame off this call and that’s all he ever wanted in life…Of course this could all be wrong.

Comment

It's a little over half-way in, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X