Dennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moshock
    Is Dennis' last name RADAR, I've heard of him if it is. May be he used his one phone call and we won't hear from him again.

:wsu_posters:

SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
      Four or five years ago Dennis was giving his opinion to MT. MT told him to follow some other team. It gave me goose bumps.
      LMAO.

I would have given up my dog to hear Coach Turgeon say that.

Well, not my dog. Maybe some money or somthin'.

Thanks for the nice memory and a very good laugh.

Comment

wow im disappointed in the uni's but not that much.

I made a comment the other day that somebody should call and ask but in no way did I mean that.

Im trying to get the podcast now but its still not up. I only got to listen for the first 30 minutes. damn im mad I missed this

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

Im trying to get the podcast now but its still not up. I only got to listen for the first 30 minutes. damn im mad I missed this
          Pod cast is up and has been up for quite awhile as I downloaded it earlier this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
            Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

Pod cast is up and has been up for quite awhile as I downloaded it earlier this evening.
            ive tried streaming it and right click save and it was acting faulty on me :-x

Comment

Maybe it's that Dennis who does Butler football on radio. His voice is annoying and he seems cranky.

Comment

Ol' Arrogant Dennis at it again. Called in on Sports Daily bragging about how he scolded Coach Marshall about the uni's and apparently taking a shot at Mike Kennedy and, of course, how the uni's ruined his night.

I'm not wild about the new uni's but it will take more than a fashion faux pax to ruin my night. Now if Arkansas Tech had kicked us out of our own gym, then that would have ruined my night.

Actually, right now I am hoping the Shocks keep the uni's as is. Maybe that will be enough to keep Dennis away from the games. After all, he surely wouldn't willingly subject himself to further abuse would he.

BTW, Bob Lutz said he had heard about the controversy Dennis had caused with his call. That was kiind of ingteresting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
                  If someone is going to complain about uniforms, than I'm going to call coach Marshall and tell him that unless we get Jimmy Chitwood playin' ball we don't stand a prayer.

And on another note, commenting on men's uniforms, in my opinion, makes one look a little light in the shoe if you know what I mean. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Comments on uniforms should be kept for the ladies such as: "The women's uniforms make them look like tramps." or "I'd like to see just a little more cleavage up top and a little higher cut on the bottom"

On men, what is there to say? As long as they aren't pink, I'm sure that they are just fine.

Uniforms are a HUGE marketing tool.

Does the cover of a book, dvd, or cd matter? Of course. Do you ever see any of those things with plain covers, just black text on white?

Comment

Wasn't Ohio State's away uni's white on red with no black? It's following the same model, but we don't have color-scheme to pull off a two-tone uni when the base color is white. Black on yellow or yellow on black might be fine, but only the officials can pull off black and white (and only barely!).

Comment

Although I didn't hear last night's incident, I'm pretty sure Dennis is mentally handicapped.

AKA, we todd did.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        Ol' Arrogant Dennis at it again. Called in on Sports Daily bragging about how he scolded Coach Marshall about the uni's and apparently taking a shot at Mike Kennedy and, of course, how the uni's ruined his night.

I'm not wild about the new uni's but it will take more than a fashion faux pax to ruin my night. Now if Arkansas Tech had kicked us out of our own gym, then that would have ruined my night.

Actually, right now I am hoping the Shocks keep the uni's as is. Maybe that will be enough to keep Dennis away from the games. After all, he surely wouldn't willingly subject himself to further abuse would he.

BTW, Bob Lutz said he had heard about the controversy Dennis had caused with his call. That was kiind of ingteresting.
                        Yeah I heard his call this morning too. He seemed fairly proud calling Marshall and giving him his 2 cents. Even went farther with saying that Marshall "came riding in on his white horse and turned the Shockers into some pale riders". May not be exact quote but pretty close.

I noticed what Bob said also, obviously he's a lurker...
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I'm not particularly wild about the uni's either although I'm not apoplectic about it. But it is not what Dennis has said that is the issue with him. He isn't saying anything that had not already been said a number of times before he made his call. The issue, IMHO opinion is simply how he said it.

Comment

I'm not particularly wild about the uni's either although I'm not apoplectic about it. But it is not what Dennis has said that is the issue with him. He isn't saying anything that had not already been said a number of times before he made his call. The issue, IMHO opinion is simply how he said it.
                            I agree. And for any who didn't hear he took a shot at Mike by emphasizing that he feels the color is GOLD not yellow. Mike yesterday corrected Dennis by saying it's yellow, although I think Mike did this just because he was obviously irritated by Dennis. Dennis today said that the color is GOLD not yellow as his level of donation is Bold Gold not Bold Yellow...yadda yadda yadda....someone definately pissed in his wheaties.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
                              If someone is going to complain about uniforms, than I'm going to call coach Marshall and tell him that unless we get Jimmy Chitwood playin' ball we don't stand a prayer.

And on another note, commenting on men's uniforms, in my opinion, makes one look a little light in the shoe if you know what I mean. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Comments on uniforms should be kept for the ladies such as: "The women's uniforms make them look like tramps." or "I'd like to see just a little more cleavage up top and a little higher cut on the bottom"

On men, what is there to say? As long as they aren't pink, I'm sure that they are just fine.

Does the cover of a book, dvd, or cd matter? Of course. Do you ever see any of those things with plain covers, just black text on white?
                              We still have the Black unforms and the Gold uniforms we can sell for marketing/fund raising purposes. My guess is they will dress up the home whites in the future. Maybe even this year, as the majority of opinion has been that they are just too vanilla and need more Shocker Yellow/Gold.

Of course, the biggest marketing tool for a College Sports team is to have a winning program. Personally, I'll take a winning program in lousy uniforms any day over a losing program in great uniforms. However, if you have a great program, you might as well have great uni's also.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog

We still have the Black unforms and the Gold uniforms we can sell for marketing/fund raising purposes. My guess is they will dress up the home whites in the future. Maybe even this year, as the majority of opinion has been that they are just too vanilla and need more Shocker Yellow/Gold.

Of course, the biggest marketing tool for a College Sports team is to have a winning program. Personally, I'll take a winning program in lousy uniforms any day over a losing program in great uniforms. However, if you have a great program, you might as well have great uni's also.
                                Yeah, I'm sure you heard them this morning but they said that WSU is CONSIDERING putting yellow trim around the numbers...etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X