Baylor message boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baylor message boards

Royal has 2 listed in the Links sticky. The only one with any activity is http://www.baylorfans.com

I've put a message there inviting Baylor fans to visit ShockerNet.

It's fun to discuss basketball with others who we rarely run across. Please be courteous and cordial to our visitors. If you post on their board - remember it's THEIR board and you are their guest.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

I think they're selling our backcourt a little short. What they don't understand is just how good Valley guards can be (i.e. Bradley and SIU vs KU the past 2 tourneys).

Comment

I agree that a couple of em might be a little too overly optimistic. Sure they return 90% of players/scorers from last year. But they return 90% from a team that went 4-12 in Big XII play. Just because a few writers or coaches give you a couple of votes in a "preseason" poll doesn't make them the second coming of Christ.

I love how some of them are already talking like they're on the bubble in their poll thread. Kinda funny considering it's late October..

I think they may be improved, but they still have a lot to prove. All that considering, I still think it'll be a tough game for us - a good test anyways.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Heck. Reading that stuff, i guess we might as well just keep our team home and not make the trip. It sounds like a definite loss to me. :roll:

Comment

Maybe they're right. Maybe Jerrells will post 20 on our point guards. Maybe he'll also turn the ball over a lot. Both happened with some regularity last year.

Comment

Baylor fans have no reason to be cocky. They have never finished in the top half of the Big 12. They can talk when they actually receive a bye in the Big 12 tournament.

I think they have a decent coach but the school itself reminds me of the Cleveland Indians in the movie "Major League", crummy every year.

Comment

I think that we are selling ya'lls backcourt a little short, but I also think that ya'll are selling ours short as well. Our record was bad last year, but take a look at the scores in each of the games we lost. We were in every single conference game except for @ OU and KU.

I think this will be a very good game however...

Comment

I think this will be a good game as well. WSU is flying under the radar this year because except for PJ and Matt, there are a lot of unproven commodities. WSU has talent and I know Baylor does as well.

Comment

Here's Baylor's preview according to CollegeHoops.com

Comment

I will temper my expectations tremendously if we are unable to beat ya'll. It is nothing against WSU, but we need to win games like this to continue to progress.

WSU, like most of the valley, has talent and good coaching. In such an early game, I think the experience will finally come through for us though. If it doesn't we might never get over the hump with coach drew, and we can forget about competing with arkansas or the other WSU later in our non-con.

Comment

Originally posted by baylrballa
                      I will temper my expectations tremendously if we are unable to beat ya'll. It is nothing against WSU, but we need to win games like this to continue to progress.

WSU, like most of the valley, has talent and good coaching. In such an early game, I think the experience will finally come through for us though. If it doesn't we might never get over the hump with coach drew, and we can forget about competing with arkansas or the other WSU later in our non-con.
                      I guess even a perennial BCS doormat is still a BCS team. We're screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle
                        That's one way to look at it. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle
                          Originally posted by baylrballa

What makes you assume that you should beat us thus year? You assume that because we are in the Big XII that we look down on MVC teams? We've seen Kansas lose one to many times to assume that. We complement you on your team and your coach and all you can do is make an ignorant statement assuming that we will finish in the bottom of the Big XII without doing any research...

Comment

The problem is that when baylrballa says "it is nothing against WSU, but we need to win games like this to continue to progress," one can also conclude that a loss to WSU means Baylor is not progressing.

Hardly a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              The problem is that when baylrballa says "it is nothing against WSU, but we need to win games like this to continue to progress," one can also conclude that a loss to WSU means Baylor is not progressing.

Hardly a compliment.
                              I think he is trying to say that WSU is a very young untested team and we are a maturing team that returns all five starters and that based on experience we should have the edge...

Comment

Working...
                              X