No announcement yet.

Baylor message boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One question though.. how does Baylor keep from getting kicked out of the B12? Do you guys have the conference commissioners on the payroll?

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      One question though.. how does Baylor keep from getting kicked out of the B12? Do you guys have the conference commissioners on the payroll?

T

...8)
      Duh, we help the big state schools get to bowl games try to keep up.....

and of course National Champions in Women's Basketball, Men's Tennis, and Track...plus winning the conference in Women's Tennis and making the CWS in baseball (something ya'll know about) and softball....

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        The problem is that when baylrballa says "it is nothing against WSU, but we need to win games like this to continue to progress," one can also conclude that a loss to WSU means Baylor is not progressing.

Hardly a compliment.
        up until this year, WSU has been a better team than Baylor. We have gotten better each year and the next step is to beat the good but not great non-conference games and have a solid finish in conference.

WSU is not a great team. I hope you don't take offense to that.

It would be a step back progress-wise in my mind if we can't beat average-decent teams.

Comment

Originally posted by baylrballa
          up until this year, WSU has been a better team than Baylor. We have gotten better each year and the next step is to beat the good but not great non-conference games and have a solid finish in conference.

It would be a step back progress-wise in my mind if we can't beat average-decent teams.
          And it would be a step back if we can't beat cellar dwellers from major conferences too. That's just my opinion.

Comment

But the thing you need to keep in mind is that there isn't a lot you can tell from a win or loss to a team (unless it's a loss to a cupcake) two games into the season. Wait until at least January before the result is judged. You only need to look at WSU last year to understand the truth in that statement.

Our wins against George Mason, LSU and Syracuse looked a whole lot different in December than they did in January and February.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              But the thing you need to keep in mind is that there isn't a lot you can tell from a win or loss to a team (unless it's a loss to a cupcake) two games into the season. Wait until at least January before the result is judged. You only need to look at WSU last year to understand the truth in that statement.

Our wins against George Mason, LSU and Syracuse looked a whole lot different in December than they did in January and February.
              also very true. which is why I think returning our starting 5 and key backups from last year is going to play a large role this early.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock

And it would be a step back if we can't beat cellar dwellers from major conferences too. That's just my opinion.
                so am I to assume you expect us to finish last in the big12 this year?

like I said, had this game been played in years past when we were in the cellar, my opinion on it would be different.

Comment

Baylor has a lot to prove. Throughout the last 12 years of being in the Big XII, you could use the "we have experience" line over and over again. I think the Bears may be turning the corner, but it's hard to see after looking at the past. Until they prove it, I don't think it's a guarantee. Who can Baylor finish above in the Big XII this year? Colorado? Iowa State? Nebraska? Maybe Missouri?

It's nice that you guys are getting some votes in a preseason poll, but I wouldn't be bringing up the bubble talk quite yet.. :lol:
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock

so am I to assume you expect us to finish last in the big12 this year?

like I said, had this game been played in years past when we were in the cellar, my opinion on it would be different.
                    Until Baylor finishes outside the bottom couple of teams in the conference consistently, then I'll call them cellar dwellers.

Comment

On paper, there's a lot of reasons Baylor should be favored. Baylor is playing the same system with the same coach and the same players. WSU has 2 starters who've never played a D1 game and a new coach.

Baylor should be well ahead of WSU in implementing their game plan early in the season. Baylor's players will be more familiar with each other's tendencies.

Baylor fans have a legitimate reason to be optimistic of a BU win.

In games played outside of Waco, Baylor was 2-10. The 2 wins were over ColoSt and Missouri on neutral courts. Unfortunately those returning players are accustomed to losing outside of Waco.

Kevin Rogers, 6'9", 240 PF will be tough for WSU to handle. Averaged 12.8 pts., 7.6 rebounds, 52.5% from the field, 74.7% from the line.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The only problem is Baylor has been "turning the corner" for 3 or 4 years and have yet to round it.

Even I've thought that Baylor was ready to make a bit of a move and they've let me down. As much as a non fan who cares very little about the b12 can be.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

i must admit...we invite these people over, and then get testy with them...i think it will be a very good game, and both teams ca n count them selves fortunate with a win...

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                            The only problem is Baylor has been "turning the corner" for 3 or 4 years and have yet to round it.

Even I've thought that Baylor was ready to make a bit of a move and they've let me down. As much as a non fan who cares very little about the b12 can be.
                            Not to be rude, but last year was the only year for us that we were supposed to "turn the corner". The year before that we had a ban on non-con and before that we were playing with 3 scholi players so I don't know how we have been "turning the corner" for years now.....

Comment

Come on Shox fans, Baylor has the most long-suffering fans in the B12. This is the first year they've had a chance in BB since Bliss left. The fact that Drew turned it around so quick is amazing.

Baylor fans aren't "typical" B12 fans and they certainly aren't like KU or KSU fans who visit here.

BU fans are proud of their backcourt players. BU's backcourt is probably better than all but the elite teams in the B12. I've found several BU fans on their board who are familiar with all of WSU's perimeter players and the way ball is played in the Valley. There's no disrespect that wouldn't be expected on any opponent message board. There is optimism and hope for what BU's backcourt can do this year.

BU's backcourt is going to be like Wyoming's last year. 3 guys constantly moving and creating for themselves or each other. BU's backcourt is used to doing that in the B12. They're going to be a defensive challenge.

Please show some consideration for fans whose major programs have been either down or devastated in recent years. If ShockerNet continues to be a negative experience for our opponents fans, then we've become what we hate.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                                Please show some consideration for fans whose major programs have been either down or devastated in recent years. If ShockerNet continues to be a negative experience for our opponents fans, then we've become what we hate.
                                Well said.
                                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Working...
                                X