No announcement yet.

Baylor message boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had an athletic director named Gary Hunter? I must have completely blocked out that time period.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
      Wow I am just reading this thread and laughing. As you know I am a WSU fan (family season tickets since the early 50s), but also a baylor fan.
      Reading this thread it seems like the Shocks have been world beaters. R u kidding me? Am I missing something? The shox have been to the NCAA's once in what 25 years?
      They have gone through what 5 coaches in the last 25 years (Cohen, Thompson, Smithson, Turgeon. and now Marshall).
      Trust me I know Baylor has been horrible, but we have been to the NCAA's once in the last 25 years and been through about the same amount of coaches (also had a killing etc.) But saying WSU's program is by far and away better than Baylor's is ridiculous. I will leave you with this:Published: October 25, 1992
      Wichita State will offer a money-back guarantee to basketball season-ticket holders.
      "We're getting a number of people who have expressed tremendous disappointment in the quality of play the last three years," Athletic Director Gary Hunter said today. "They've indicated they don't want to sit through another season like last year."
      That's why Hunter will offer the money-back guarantee in letters next week to alumni in Sedgwick, Butler and Harvey Counties.
      But Hunter doesn't think many people will take him up on the offer, what with a new coach, Scott Thompson, running the team. Thompson replaced Mike Cohen, who resigned after last season.
      "We've decided we'll let the season-ticket holders be the judges of whether or not we are making progress," Hunter said.

Ouch.....

Hes just confused, just like the rest of the Big 12 teams are when they scratch their heads and ponder how Baylor was ever allowed in their conference! :D 8) 8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Here's an idea.

Why don't we just let the teams play the game and decide the issue... :whistle:

While I am confident in our long term future, there is no way to tell how well we will do once the real games begin. We have a lot of new players to assimilate into HCGM's system. Baylor has some good players, and you never know what can happen this early in the season....

:goshocks:
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
        X