Coy drops Basketball for Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk
    ICan he even have the basketball schollie for this year, even if no one else is using it, because he has now publicly said he's dropping basketball? Will it look like a way for the baseball program to get "more" schollie dollars?
    In Nebraska, this gets you an extra scholarship to utilize. At WSU, it does no such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas
      Originally posted by Wuzee
      Isn't this where your AD rides in a helps broker a solution -- or at least directs the coaching staffs talk to each other? The fact that Sexton wasn't even mentioned gives me pause.
      My thoughts as well. Sexton continues to cause me concern...
      -- shot clock mishandling
      -- Adams mishandling
      -- losing the tennis coach (perhaps a stretch here) to Stoolwater
      -- Coy mishandling

What is this guy doing??? Unless he's like the CIA where we don't hear of the successes, then I'd have to say I'm becoming concerned about the leadership of the athletic department.
      ill give you the adams thing maybe, but the rest is bs
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I think Veritas makes a fair point, fwiw.

Keep in mind that everyone has his or her strengths, and that Rome was not, contrary to popular opinion, built in a day.

Comment

This is bad, bad news. I was hoping JC would be a great player for us.

Gene is wearing me out.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_
            This is bad, bad news. I was hoping JC would be a great player for us.

Gene is wearing me out.

It's really not that bad of news, unless it's still part of the news cycle in a month or 2 (or beyond).

And I really, REALLY, don't want to get into this, but one time I'll say that someone needs to wear this not named Gene, Gregg or Eric.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              I think Veritas makes a fair point, fwiw.

Keep in mind that everyone has his or her strengths, and that Rome was not, contrary to popular opinion, built in a day.
              But it did fall in one day.

Comment

Again, fair point. :noidea:

Comment

Makes it even less likely to RS Hamilton now.

Comment

Hamilton isn't redshirting. I think at one point it may have been an idea, but not once he stepped foot on campus.

Richardson, now he may have been a prime candidate as he is still young, and another year to develop would have done him good, but at 6'4, and as good as he is defensively, he may be hard to redshirt now.

I put my trust in Coach Marshall to do what is best for all in this matter.

Comment

Richardson playing behind Murry, Kyles and Hatch isn't going to see very many minutes. He's parobably the most likely candidate - Williams may be the another.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                        Richardson playing behind Murry, Kyles and Hatch isn't going to see very many minutes. He's parobably the most likely candidate - Williams may be the another.
                        I believe we will see more of Demetric Williams than people think.

Remember, he outplayed teammate (and KU signee) Elijah Johnson their senior year. For the year.

He is going to be a special kid. If we can RS him, watch out.

Comment

Bad timing to be sure...Suddenly we are thin at the 3-4....Especially if Ellis does not progress as we all hope.....Then we have Hatch and Hamilton....

Comment

williams

I dont' see them redshirting Williams. Clevin Hannah graduates after this season if Willilams redshirted now, they would have only one experienced point guard next year. Murry has played there, but GM is talking about him playing some at the 3 swing forward positioni this year, too.

Comment

I don't know what to think about the redshirt prospects at this point.

When I thought about lineups in my head, honestly, I never gave much consideration for Johnny this year anyway. Now that we have 12 able bodied players, suddenly our bench seems short for reasons I cannot really explain.

The first time I saw Jerome play defense and run the floor, I wondered aloud how in the heck can we keep this kid off the floor (I know his offense is limited).

I believe, especially with the ankle injury, that Demetric will have a tough time physically competing at the D1 level this season. He has plenty of game, but the other aspects may be hard to develop in a few short months.

Tyler is a man child, not dissimilar to Jerome, but is so inexperienced...the young man is very mature for his age though. I could see that going either way.

The more I think about it, the more I think Jerome plays this year.

Comment

Coy has much more chance of making big money in the major leagues than he would in the NBA or playing basketball, so I can understand the priority. What I don't get is, I thought the arrangement was during basketball season, he would practice completely with the basketball team and not until it was over would be begin practicing with baseball. Granted, the seasons overlap some, but if that were the agreement, you'd think it would be pretty easy to juggle both, but perhaps I'm missing something here.

It's too bad--I think in time he would've been a nice contributor, and I don't think blaming the coaches is correct. My guess is, they expected him to work it out and communicate with them rather than them having to take the initiative. I do wish Coy luck--and look forward to him wearing the yellow and black on the baseball field.

Comment

Working...
                                X