How to make the product better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make the product better?

What could be done to improve the Men's basketball product beyond what it is now? We have a great facility, great coach, great team.

Where do you go from there?

Special events could be improved to a degree.

It would be great to see tailgating at the arena before a game but the Weather is not exactly ideal normally for this activity.

Anyone have any great ideas on how to improve on where we're at now?

Re: How to make the product better?

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
    What could be done to improve the Men's basketball product beyond what it is now? We have a great facility, great coach, great team.

Where do you go from there?

Special events could be improved to a degree.

It would be great to see tailgating at the arena before a game but the Weather is not exactly ideal normally for this activity.

Anyone have any great ideas on how to improve on where we're at now?

Us die hard fans wouldn't let a little cold weather stand in our way.

Comment

Beer sales at Koch Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa
        Beer sales at Koch Arena.
        Except the little NCAA rule against on-campus alcohol sales prevents this.

Comment

Besides a few PR things (which I don't know what exactly they could do) I think it's at the point where the on-court product is all that's left to drive up interest and fan counts.

Comment

If it is an NCAA rule about selling beer on campus how come they sell at Eck stadium

Comment

Tailgating

This already takes place for a group of 8-10 of us before each game in the parking lot east of the Arena next to the graveyard. Good times, especially when its 5 below!!!

Feel free to join us!

:posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                If it is an NCAA rule about selling beer on campus how come they sell at Eck stadium

I would like to know that. How can one of the biggest sponsers be Budweiser but we can't get one at the game.

Also, I hate to make anyone mad with this comment but we need a better marketing department. There are so many things that can be done to promote the team and give game time more excitement.

Comment

Well one thing that has been driving me crazy since 05 is the fact that they cant even get a current wallpaper together for any sports since on the goshockers website. the fan central section sucks... no photos no wallpapers no nothin. Scan the damn posters for each sport and get it on the net so we can use them ask desktop backgrounds already, jesus f'n christ. I think having wsu athletics wallpaper all over the city for people to inquire about is a good start not to mention it costs nothing at all to get people talking at the cooler or with friends. people talking about your product is a good thing last i checked. not to mention free advertising. This makes me livid. Its 2008 and nothing has been done about it yet. i send emails and ***** on a fairly regular basis and it does no good. I've never gotten a reply of any kind besides the generic bs that is an auto reply. Can you tell this really gets under my skin?

Comment

What's wrong with a little advertisement to kill the killer mood during a timeout? :( Nothing like going on a rally or scoring run, have the other team call a time-out, and while the crowd is cheering and energized, we have an advertisement for the sponsor of the game or something. So I have to agree.

And this topic has been beaten to death, but guess what...they could have (and probably should have) added seats in the renovation. Duuuuuuuh. :(

Comment

Maybe I should have just PMd you T7017, but I can get you a wallpaper for your desktop of any Shocker poster that you'd like. I can put it on the web for you (or anyone else) or email it. I don't think we'd really be permiitted to put it up on SN, but (possibly) Royal could get in touch with the University and see what their thoughts are on putting up on SN as a download. As for your personal use, though, LMK and if I have the poster I'll put it up (there have to be others who can do this, it takes no time/effort at all. If I have the poster, I could put it up and post a link within 10 minutes. -JV

On a side note, I created a Legends poster years ago that was a huge hit with AC, DS, CL, X, and CL at the signing. I currently use it as a background for my desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                        JS could give you the perfect answer but, long story short, it has to do with a grandfathering rule that stayed in place for the Eck.

All above are good ideas but I think we should look big picture a little more.

To be successful you have to have good athletes. To get good athletes you have to have good facilities.

Many may not realize but we are still seriously lacking in a couple of areas.

One thing is athletic housing. This is a big deal for recruiting. Also a problem is a lack of a "training table".

Imho, the latter is the most important/most fixable/biggest bang for the buck at a reasonable cost thing we can do to improve the overall experience.

Comment

I often see people eating fast food in their parked cars prior to the game which sort of surprised me.

Too bad their aren't several bars within walking distance of the chuck. This is one thing that makes St. Louis so great. Bars surround the arena during the tournament.

I wish there was more tailgating.

Comment

I used to have VIP tickets to the Chiefs. They would have a nice brunch set up under several heated tents with drinks (full bar), brunch and dessert. They would have a band play during the event which started 3 hours prior to the game. Seats were reserved and at each seat would be a small souvenir, different for each game. For example, a signed poster or KC wolf stuffed animal etc. They would also have a small raffle.

Anyway, it was always a great time and boy did it get you primed for the game.

They could do something like that in the practice facility and I bet it would sell out every time.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                              Well one thing that has been driving me crazy since 05 is the fact that they cant even get a current wallpaper together for any sports since on the goshockers website. the fan central section sucks... no photos no wallpapers no nothin. Scan the damn posters for each sport and get it on the net so we can use them ask desktop backgrounds already, jesus f'n christ. I think having wsu athletics wallpaper all over the city for people to inquire about is a good start not to mention it costs nothing at all to get people talking at the cooler or with friends. people talking about your product is a good thing last i checked. not to mention free advertising. This makes me livid. Its 2008 and nothing has been done about it yet. i send emails and ***** on a fairly regular basis and it does no good. I've never gotten a reply of any kind besides the generic bs that is an auto reply. Can you tell this really gets under my skin?
                              T, it sounds like you are very computer literate. Here is what I would do. Call the AD office and ask for Jim. You probably won't get him so Ruth will help you. Ask her what department oversees that and whom you can speak to....offer help. Don't tell them what to do but ask questions. I have found them to be very helpful in everything I have asked but typically being told something doesn't go over as well.

I sincerely believe that the ticket marketplace was expedited due to people asking questions (myself included). Not that we came up with the idea....just that we kept after it and eventually got the right wheels turning.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
                              X