Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    I don't know what it would take to improve the sound system, maybe just turning down the volume a little bit woudl help.

Maybe it is just me in my old age or maybe it is where I generally sit, but I have a hard time understanding a lot of the announcements. I really like Lambo's Lessons they are playing at the VB matches this year. Now if I could just understand what he was saying without trying to read his lips I might actually learn something to help me understand the game better.
    Again, this just may be may own shortcoming.

Is this an issue with anyone else?
    Yes! I actually thought it was only me.
    Agreed. I am 26 and cannot understand the jummbled sound system.
    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
      With every game sold out, what exactly are you trying to promote?
      The high priced hot dogs, soda, bottled water and popcorn. :D
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If you ask Rosewood, it's all about the Nachos.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007
          I agree the lighting system could be improved to allow a spectacular show during starting player announcements. However, I don't think it is possible to add seats.
          I've been to college games with the "spectacular" entrance, and IMHO it doesn't add that much to the game experience or to fan noise. If anything, I think that entrances can be overproduced to the point that it takes energy away from the crowd and the game rather than adding to it.

When done really well, it can add something, but I am not sure you gain enough to go through the expense of changing lighting mechanisms, especially when there are better things that money could go towards (such as some things Doc mentioned).
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
            I don't know what it would take to improve the sound system, maybe just turning down the volume a little bit woudl help.

Maybe it is just me in my old age or maybe it is where I generally sit, but I have a hard time understanding a lot of the announcements. I really like Lambo's Lessons they are playing at the VB matches this year. Now if I could just understand what he was saying without trying to read his lips I might actually learn something to help me understand the game better.

Intelligibility is tough because there aren't enough bodies to muffle the sound from bouncing all over the place. When Koch is filled with bodies, it usually sounds great now that they've upgraded the sound system.
            That could be the problem at VB and Women's BB games. Too much dead space to bounce off of. However, I would think they could make some adjustments in volume or tone to help that in those circumstances. The other solution would be to sell out the arena for those matches. Yeah! That's the ticket. Although, I personally don't think it is that clear even at the Men's BB games. I usually sit in Row 12 for those games.

Comment

When they have freebies or giveaways at the door, only give them to people wearing yellow. Not wearing the colors, no gift!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                Wasting so much as a breath on seating expansion is lunacy.

It is not going to happen, period, end of discussion.
                I think seating has to expand someday. A lot of fans are older and they won't be here forever. The "next generation" may not be getting the chance to see Shocker games in person; this might affect local recruiting. The Brooks Magnet Middle School has a student with a lot of basketball potential if I recall correctly; how many WSU MBB games has he attended? (Brooks is just north of WSU; my kids went there and got a good education.)
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

I think seating has to expand someday. A lot of fans are older and they won't be here forever. The "next generation" may not be getting the chance to see Shocker games in person; this might affect local recruiting. The Brooks Magnet Middle School has a student with a lot of basketball potential if I recall correctly; how many WSU MBB games has he attended? (Brooks is just north of WSU; my kids went there and got a good education.)
                  Yeah, I think he is ranked around 5th in the nation in his class. Perry Ellis is his name I believe. He is already 6'6". Unforunately, he has already said he wants to leave Wichita after high school. (He sister I think graduated from Heights last year and I beleive is playing for Memphis).

Comment

Yeah, I think he is ranked around 5th in the nation in his class. Perry Ellis is his name I believe. He is already 6'6". Unforunately, he has already said he wants to leave Wichita after high school. (He sister I think graduated from Heights last year and I beleive is playing for Memphis).
                    If you combined my Brooks connections with a million dollars, you'd have a million dollars. ;-) :D
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Adding serveral thousand seats is the only thing I can think of that would increase the promotiono of MBB or how about the downtown arena for big games. I actually wouldn't mind watching the game on a giant screen in the PHC practice area.

Comment

If you combined my Brooks connections with a million dollars, you'd have a million dollars. ;-) :D
                        If I had a million dollars we might have a shot at Perry!

Just kidding, in case any NCAA officials are trolling. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007

Yes! I actually thought it was only me.
                          Agreed. I am 26 and cannot understand the jummbled sound system.
                          The sound system has been improved some, but surely it can be made better.

Comment

You are exactly correcto.

Many studies have been performed on expansion of the arena. A variety of schemes have been considered such as raising the roof and digging a hole. In the end, all schemes will not economic out.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
                              With every game sold out, what exactly are you trying to promote?
                              The high priced hot dogs, soda, bottled water and popcorn. :D
                              I have good news for you. The concession prices will continue to increase. So, your promotion wish will come true.

Comment

Now if only they would sell expensive rice crispy treats!

Comment

Working...
                                X