No announcement yet.

How to make the product better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'Training Table' is a good idea, and I agree more attention should be paid to athlete housing.

How about a joint program between WSU and the large Shocker bars? WSU helps them get the really large widescreen HD TV's, and the bars charge $10 a person to watch the game. Initial investment, but would pay off in the long run, and more advertising for the games.

I agree about GoShockers.com. They are slow to make changes, and it needs more pizazz. Who updates the website, a paid employee, a paid student employee, or a voluntary student? Why can't Computer and Electronic (Electrical, Engineering) students help in the area on Internet Websites, public media transmissions, etc.? They could even be assignments associated with a particular class.

I have inquired several times to Ryan about WSU (Wushox) dog or pet sweaters? Not only would it be great advertisement and support to see 10,000 dogs running around with WuShox in black and gold, it could be a good money maker. I hate to say it, but there are several Chinese companies that could turn this around in short order.

I think the Chuck should have 3,000 more seats, but it never will. And, using the new Arena for special home games would be good, even if the new arena will also be undersized.

I think putting a Player's last name on a jersey as well as the number would make it more special, especially for kids, and might sell better.

How about being able to buy "Shocker' shoes for the general public?

How about a heavy enough coat for snowy Kansas being offered? Like a ski coat style with big embroidery on it?

How about some more insights into the players being offered? In the paper or TV programs, telling more background about them, their interests, and their friendships they have made, both with players and otherwise? The family support they get? How about little quips on GoShockers about the players, new every week?

I want to know more about our assistant coaches too? Family life, getting settled in, interests?

The 'Shockers' is a unique name for a team, we need to play it up more.

A big WuShox needs to be in the center of the court.

Guest appearances by past Shockers is always good at a game.

Comment

"I think putting a Player's last name on a jersey as well as the number would make it more special, especially for kids, and might sell better."

I know this one can't happen. Players can't make money off of jersey sales and the NCAA won't allow others to make money off of them by selling the product with names on them. However, a person could pay more and have the name put on the back after it's purchased. At that point it yours and you can put whatever you want on it. It's a technicallity I suppose as money is being made when the name is requested to put on after the fact, but I don't think they can stop someone from "personalizing" the jersey.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
        With every game sold out, what exactly are you trying to promote?
        Merchandise sales, continued ticket sales long into the future, the University itself, fan hysteria which leads to larger numbers travelling to away games, the name Wichita State in local and national media, all leading to getting WSU in the minds of recruits more.... etc, etc, etc.

Not to mention the fact that the more people love the already sold out basketball games, the more elastic the ticket prices become.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
          Originally posted by lemuel777
          With every game sold out, what exactly are you trying to promote?
          Merchandise sales, continued ticket sales long into the future, the University itself, fan hysteria which leads to larger numbers travelling to away games, the name Wichita State in local and national media, all leading to getting WSU in the minds of recruits more.... etc, etc, etc.

Not to mention the fact that the more people love the already sold out basketball games, the more elastic the ticket prices become.
          I would think ticket prices would become more inelastic the greater the program grows and the less alternatives there are for similar entertainment in Wichita. The bottom line is.. you increase the ticket prices and people still pay increasing overall revenue. :clap:

T

...8)

Comment

It has been said----"If you build it--they will come." However, if you want to sell it out to the point you want to progress forward and make it bigger or better---then win-win-win. It has been exciting to watch the fan-base grow as our Program has improved. Start up the bus-- gus, because we have only just begun to make this prodct better. We have an awesome AD who brought in the right Coach. Now it is gravy time.

This year will have it's ups and downs. The ups should be more towards the end as our team develops under a new System, a new Coaching Staff with a new look, and several new players. This could be an extremely fun-filled year that keeps us biting out nails, hanging on the edge of our seats, and jumping and screaming for joy. It may take some time, but WSU is going to higher places and that will be grand.

Okay here is the deal. We are already sold out again this year so let's take this Progam to a higher level.. So here is what we can do right now. Let's make the Program bigger, better, and make some money that is begging to be collected by our Program. You want to get this City even more excited and the fan-base growing to greater heights? Bring back THE MISSING LINK--- the Shocker Channel. However, no need to give it away as dirt cheap as it was when our AD scrapped it from the get-go. Per House-Hold for all of our home games----charge at least the price of an average Season ticket. Many basketball junkies will buy it even though they are present at each and every game in the flesh. Others can't make all the games in person, but can afford the Shocker Channel. Make it avialable as well to our out-of-State fans. Let's do it and the sooner---the better.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The one item missing besides National Television is that more local television should be added. I would love to see WSU have a local television package that would show every out of town game and the big 3 or 4 local games. I do not include the cable package, since almost no one I know still gets cable.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU and Reds Fan
                The one item missing besides National Television is that more local television should be added. I would love to see WSU have a local television package that would show every out of town game and the big 3 or 4 local games. I do not include the cable package, since almost no one I know still gets cable.
                Local cable isn't everywhere and doesn't reach as wide of a fan base as a local channel would. KU sells out every game and they are on local tv every game. Why can't WSU? Every game is sold out again this year. That's 2 years now. Next year will be the same. Even if doing this causes some to drop their tickets, there appears to be quite a list of people waiting to get them. I know I have satellite, and unless they can reach a deal with Dish and Directv, then local is the only option.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu
                  Originally posted by McShocker
                  Originally posted by Lisa
                  Beer sales at Koch Arena.
                  Except the little NCAA rule against on-campus alcohol sales prevents this.
                  Colorado has sold beer at basketball games for years...just voluntarily decided this coming year to discontinue the practice.
                  Beer at Colorado basketball games was probably sold primarily for medicinal purposes.

Comment

Perhaps, we could take our top 10 suggestions (have a poll), and have someone on here make a formal proposal to send to Jim Schaus.

Perhaps, seeing things from a 'fans perspective' might be enlightening to him, and maybe a few changes might occur.

Comment

While we're submitting ideas to Jim Schaus.....
                      How about getting me a nice Shocker souvenier cup when I buy my pop at the games, like we used to get years ago. I'm not talking about one with a picture of the freakin coach and the schedule (although I do like the new coach). I'm talking about a nice solid plastic one in gold and black with a big WU on it. The kind I can be proud to fill my kitchen cupboard with. And if we could get 'em, I would buy a lot more pops at the games!

Comment

The missing link=========Shocker Channel--- made available on sold out years. FSF is interested if in town, in state---out of state-- Shocker fans would support such an endeavor if Cox made it available.

Maybe we could have Royal-- Double Dribble-- and Awesome Sauce the key commentaters with Tyrone Shoelace doing crossover exhibitions at half-time, the Doc bring us to speed on our fine University, Rosewood could tell us at halftime the condition of the Nachos---Trop and SubGod22 could bring us up to speed on recruiting, The Mad Hatter and Ricky Del Rio will talk strategy at the halftime-- while the rest of us have some over-the-hill 3 on 3 contests---3 point shooting, and slam dunks feats from tall ladders, and last but not least---AZ Shocker will speak of the social redeeming value of the #11 each and every game. We could become famous and triple our Shocker fanbase with such a talented group of characters flaunting their many charismatic skills. That's right!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

There's no doubt that no less than 11,000 Shocker Channel Packages will already be sold by 11:00 a.m. when they go on sale the morning of 11/11/07 !!! :D

Even though AZ Shocker is 1100 miles for Koch Arena...word out on my hang-out on 11th Street says that the Shocker Channel will be on Channel 11, and that all the games will be rebroadcast at 11:00 p.m. for the 11 people who had to work late.
                          We are 11 x 2 days away from Shocker Madness!!!
                          Let the "madness" begin!!! lol :good:

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :wsu_posters:
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                          X