No announcement yet.

New Uni's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very bland. I was semi-confused when they took off their warm-ups and they had no yellow on. I thought I was in the wrong gym....
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I liked the jerseys. They were refined, had very classy lines, and were a nice change. I'm hoping the road jerseys are either all yellow or all black with the same stripes.. that would be really cool.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        I liked the jerseys. They were refined, had very classy lines, and were a nice change. I'm hoping the road jerseys are either all yellow or all black with the same stripes.. that would be really cool.

T

...8)
        I think overall they are ok but where is the Gold/Yellow? Also you can't read the Wichita State name across the front very well. Black and White? Awful

Comment

The uni's just don't look like WSU with no gold.

Comment

I don't like the lettering on the unis

Comment

Reminded me of the time I ate at Furrs, blannndd. L.Rankins bb uniform had more pop to it.

Comment

They were okay, nothing impressive about them though. I noticed that Matt had on a different style shoes than the others, and like his the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasmanian Devil
                  I agree with most here. I actually like the design but what were they thinking leaving yellow out completely.
                  I'm pretty sure that "Wichita State" was outlined in yellow, although not the numbers, but it was not very noticeable.

I was interested by the fact that the video intro had our guys wearing last year's yellow uni's. Maybe they just hadn't gotten the new ones in when they were filming that, but maybe we will be seeing a lot more of the yellow this year. Who knows.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                    I agree with most here. I actually like the design but what were they thinking leaving yellow out completely.
                    I'm pretty sure that "Wichita State" was outlined in yellow, although not the numbers, but it was not very noticeable.

I was interested by the fact that the video intro had our guys wearing last year's yellow uni's. Maybe they just hadn't gotten the new ones in when they were filming that, but maybe we will be seeing a lot more of the yellow this year. Who knows.
                    If thats the case then it must be the new invisible yellow I keep hearing about. :D They showed a pretty decent shot of the lettering on 10 last night and it looked like the basketball version of the gaiders uni's

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                      Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

If thats the case then it must be the new invisible yellow I keep hearing about. :D They showed a pretty decent shot of the lettering on 10 last night and it looked like the basketball version of the gaiders uni's
                      Looking at the photos again, you are right. "Wichita State" is outlined while the numbers aren't, but it is all black and white.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Couldn't make the game. So I'm stuck with the small p*ss poor photo in the local fish wrap, which makes it impossible to develop an opinion on the new uniforms.

P.S.
                        It's pretty sad when the home town team is not given the headline in the sports section of the home town paper. Treated like second class citizens by the local rag, again.

:rant:
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

How can you say this rip? KU fans are DIEHARD football fans and deserve the lead story.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheaties
                            How can you say this rip? KU fans are DIEHARD football fans and deserve the lead story.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Maybe there is some truth in this speculation :

Paul and I are suspecting that these aren't WSU's uniforms, that they're an emergency set while Nike finishes up the real ones. Frankly, with no gold and a screen-printed look, it looks like they could've come from Shirt Shack. (Yes, I know Shirt Shack hasn't been in Towne East for years.)
                              http://kansas.com/607/story/218021.html :(
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Except that it IS the design they're going with this year. At least from what I've been told. I just wish they'd work the colors differently. The stripes could work.....but they didn't. I guess they could have somehow gotten a hold of the style somehow.....
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X