Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnDorian
    <>former player Bobby Hill. <>

to that I say: THAT'S MY PURSE, I DON'T KNOW YOU!
    and her is said video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp1JPPFVWIw
    That is what I keep tellin ya, "Kick em square in the grapes!" (that can be very painfull)
    Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Sampay has been suspended indefinitely by Coach Jankovich. I am actually starting to wonder if he will ever wear the Redbird uniform. This is certainly not the way to start off at a new school.

I hope Brandon can get himself together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Rick Lamb
        http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/09/14/sports/doc46eabfb3cada1211758650.txt

Sampay has been suspended indefinitely by Coach Jankovich. I am actually starting to wonder if he will ever wear the Redbird uniform. This is certainly not the way to start off at a new school.

So actually WSU has just dodged a bullet. Missing Sampay, we got Mantas and Aaron. What a blessing! :)
        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Suspended

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/09/14/sports/doc46eabfb3cada1211758650.txt

Too bad. I too hope he get it together. I get no joy out of seeing this happen to us, to our opponents or to anyone else and truly hope that he learns from this and never again allows himself to overindulge. Especially overindulge and then drive.

Comment

I sure wish my career was in the hands of 20 year olds. Welcome to being a head coach Jank.

Good luck to the rest of the redbirds.

Comment

Isnt Jank a ku guy??? Where did he learn how to punish players?
              That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
                Good point. They don't believe in punishment up the road.

Comment

KU formula stipulates he sits two exhibition games.

Comment

Re: Suspended

Originally posted by MikeShox

Too bad. I too hope he get it together. I get no joy out of seeing this happen to us, to our opponents or to anyone else and truly hope that he learns from this and never again allows himself to overindulge. Especially overindulge and then drive.
                    Mike, great post... I feel exactly the same way about Sampay and any others who make poor choices (I've made a few myself)... it's possible that this may be a blessing for WSU, however I sincerely hope that he gets his life in order.

I get no personal enjoyment from the heartache of others. I have found that those who are quick to judge, often find themselves with egg on their face. It's very difficult to control the actions of most (not all) 17-22 year olds... regardless of good parenting and or coaching.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
                      Well there has been a suggestion that he already covered up a DUI by Levi Dyer, until word of it got out recently. If there is truth to this, it sounds like he is acting just as you would expect a KU guy to act. Look the other way and cover up until you get caught, then suspend a guy to pretend like you are tough on this stuff.

If he really acts in the KU model, the word indefinite in "indefinite suspension" will be interchangeable with "exhibition games".
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Is it really a DUI if he was sleeping in the car with the car off?

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
                          That would depend largely on the interpretation of the Illinois legal code, although it does mitigate the irresponsibility of his actions considerably (although he still was underaged and got into a vehicle and put the keys in the ignition).
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing Clemente clean his clock!
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                              That would depend largely on the interpretation of the Illinois legal code, although it does mitigate the irresponsibility of his actions considerably (although he still was underaged and got into a vehicle and put the keys in the ignition).
                              A law like that might allow the charge but I just can't see any jury convicting him if that was the circumstances. Most people would associate driving with motion of the vehicle. Are you 'driving' when you start the car up on a cold day for the wife? Just don't by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah
                                Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                                A law like that might allow the charge but I just can't see any jury convicting him if that was the circumstances. Most people would associate driving with motion of the vehicle. Are you 'driving' when you start the car up on a cold day for the wife? Just don't by it.
                                The Illinois legal code includes being "in actual physical control of any vehicle" in its Drunk Driving section. Under this wording, being at the wheel with keys in the ignition puts Sampay in control of the vehicle. Sure it is picky and there is a decent shot he won't get convicted under those circumstances, but the wording of state law may allow for a conviction.

Comment

Working...
                                X