Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch

If he can get his basketball skills in synch with his age, maturity and toughness, he could leave his mark on the program in a major way over the next 3-4 years....

:goshocks:
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Well, his stats his senior year at Mesa are:

14.4 ppg
      2.1 assists
      1.9 steals
      .6 blocks

54% for 2's
      32% for 3's
      46% overall

Free throws - 82.9% (29 out of 35)

Comment

Hatch

I met Graham on Tues just before the unsupervised scrimmage started. He came up the steps right by where we were sitting to have his picture taken for the article in the Eagle which turned up yesterday. It seems that before I retired, I lived in Mesa, AZ, for years and was there when he made a verbal committment to go to WSU. So, we reminisced a bit about his home town. He's anxious to start playing basketball again.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9

14.4 ppg
          2.1 assists
          1.9 steals
          .6 blocks

54% for 2's
          32% for 3's
          46% overall

On this very board, Hatch has been highly acclaimed as a 3 point shooter. The stats belie the claim.

Comment

Has anyone had the opportunity to watch Hatch in scrimmages yet? If so, I would be interested in your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
              Originally posted by Snapshot9

14.4 ppg
              2.1 assists
              1.9 steals
              .6 blocks

54% for 2's
              32% for 3's
              46% overall

On this very board, Hatch has been highly acclaimed as a 3 point shooter. The stats belie the claim.
              Yeah, because stats from 2+ years ago really are a sign of how good he is now. :roll:

Comment

His shot looks good during the workouts and that's after they've been going non-stop for 30 minutes.

He's not the quickest but he can shoot; GM has said so himself.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

When he squares up he is a pretty good shot and has a nice soft touch. He is a step slow but reminds of Jason Perez in some ways.

Comment

Mr. Hatch has "grown up". Instead of expecting good things to happen to him, he knows that he has to earn them. He no longer assumes things, he knows that he has to work for results. He learned on his mission that you only prevail when you invest all of your being into your work. I predict that quietly and subtly(sp) he will emerge not only as thr steadying influence on this team but will emerge as the leader in stats. We've got a surprise (and an exciting one) about to reveal itself. I also am willing to be villified for the following predictions: 2nd in the valley and winners of the MVC tourney and yes, another sweet 16 appearance. There, I said it. Kill me softly, but remember you heard it here 1st. Buckle up and believe.
                    we are what we are regardless of who we want to be or who we wish we were

Comment

Originally posted by jpw
                      Mr. Hatch has "grown up". Instead of expecting good things to happen to him, he knows that he has to earn them. He no longer assumes things, he knows that he has to work for results. He learned on his mission that you only prevail when you invest all of your being into your work. I predict that quietly and subtly(sp) he will emerge not only as thr steadying influence on this team but will emerge as the leader in stats. We've got a surprise (and an exciting one) about to reveal itself. I also am willing to be villified for the following predictions: 2nd in the valley and winners of the MVC tourney and yes, another sweet 16 appearance. There, I said it. Kill me softly, but remember you heard it here 1st. Buckle up and believe.
                      You might want to go to the 2007-2008 prediction contest thread. Plenty of optimistic forecasts there. So I'm not sure we you will be able to take credit for your optimistic outlook and prediction.

Nevertheless, I do like your optimism.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

I'm reasonably optimistic about Hatch. It's rare to have a 21-year-old Fr who understands his weaknesses. Hatch has admitted to the media that he thinks he's "a step slow".

I think we're going to see a work ethic and a desire to work hard to overcome physical limitations. If quickness is an ongoing problem that hard work can't overcome, then Hatch will be a career role player. Even if that happens, I think his enthusiasm, character and work ethic will be an example to the younger players and he will have a significant impact on the team for 4 years.

At the very least Hatch strikes me as a player who will fight hard in practice for PT. Hatch isn't likely to pout or get down on himself or the coaching staff if others beat him for PT. Hatch will never stop working for PT.

Cooz wants to go league. You can bet that Braeuer is going to do everything possible to help Cooz do that. Mekel is reported to have an extraordinary work ethic. Miller was the definition of "work ethic".

Throw Hatch into the mix. Even if he's a career role player, he's going to push the effort and enthusiasm of players around him. Cooz, Braeuer and Mekel are going to put the team on their backs this year.

Hatch is either going to be a contributor or the impetus for underclassmen to take leadership roles in the future. Hatch is a "win/win" player the way I look at it.

If Hatch becomes a contributor, that's a "win". If Hatch becomes the practice player who pushes players in practice and teaches them how to become leaders, that's a "win".

Even if Hatch never averages more than 2 points a game, I think his scholarship is one of the best the WSU coaching staff could have awarded.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I think that, at a minimum, Hatch=Matt Clark. He'll be a guy that puts up solid numbers whenever he plays, and perhaps more importantly, sets a great example in practice and leadership.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I'd happily take another Matt Clark type of guy.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Matt Clark

If I remember correctly, one of the coaches -- possibly Marshall, but maybe Turgeon before he left -- described Hatch as a taller, more athletic Matt Clark. So even if athletic ability is not his greatest attribute, he does appear to have some going for him.

How about another Steve Kerr, AZ? Or were you not in Arizona back in those days?

Comment

Working...
                              X