No announcement yet.

Realist checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Hannah and Chamberlain will both start, at least early in the season. Both have excellent ball handling skills and are good long range shooters.

Comment

I agree with BSM, one will spell the other at PG, and kyles and Murry will man the 2 posiiton.

AJ going to the 2 and Ellis at the 3 could be part of a 'big' lineup that would throw teams off.

I don't see Durley at the 5. He is not good on Defense, and we need good defense at the 5. Durley is a 4, who can step out on occasion.

Comment

Durley may not be a 5 but he will play there.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Durley is a better 5 than is Ellis. I can see Ellis blocking shots from behind but Durley is our best "under the basket" offensive player.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I just don't think RC will beat out TM or DK.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
              I agree with BSM, one will spell the other at PG, and kyles and Murry will man the 2 posiiton.

AJ going to the 2 and Ellis at the 3 could be part of a 'big' lineup that would throw teams off.

I don't see Durley at the 5. He is not good on Defense, and we need good defense at the 5. Durley is a 4, who can step out on occasion.
              Here's the thing, everything we've heard from the coaching staff, directly contradicts every point you just made.

They have said they invision Reggie and Clevin playing together. DK and TM are talented but unproven in running Marshall's system. Even former Turgeon players with DI experience, had challenges picking it up. Why do you think freshman will come in immediately?

Marshall has called AJ a "good" shooter, but not consistant enough in his mind to regularly play the 2. And after his comments all season long about Ellis, why would you think he'd change his mind and work to make him a 3?

I'll give you a little grace with JT, but I can tell you with as physical as the Valley is, be prepared to see JT at the 5 and Ramon at the 4 quite a bit.

It's just my opinion, but I tend to believe what I hear from the coaches.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Bigshotmaker
                I just don't think RC will beat out TM or DK.
                Based on?
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

It still amazes me that, according to many on here, JT's defensive inability as a freshman is supposed to stick with him the remainder of his college career.

You'd think we've never had a player improve from one year to the next.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I totally agree with that....how many times did I hear posters on this board refer to Paul Miller as fifi? It was sickening. I predicted that he would likely be one of the best players in the valley by the time he was a senior and I was right.

You better keep an eye on Durley...he definately has the tools. If he has the desire, watch out!

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
                      I totally agree with that....how many times did I hear posters on this board refer to Paul Miller as fifi? It was sickening. I predicted that he would likely be one of the best players in the valley by the time he was a senior and I was right.

You better keep an eye on Durley...he definately has the tools. If he has the desire, watch out!
                      "Fifi" reared her ugly head even in Paul's final season. Paul was unable to exercise that Massengill demon until he went to Europe. The Paul I have seen this summer would absolutely dominate in the Valley now. He is rough, tough, and all signs of "home schooling" are finally gone.

T

...8)

Comment

Ditto rjl

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock

Most posters on here agree with everything you just said. I'm not going to get my hopes up about JTs D until I see it. Everyone agrees that if he wants it bad enough he can be one of the top players in the Valley.

As far as the guards go, I have a hard time believing that Toure or David will be starting when we face G'Town. I think you start that game with the 2 that have some college experience and let the FR come into the game later. Garrett will probably start as he's the only true center we have now.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't really see Durley as a 5, thou he may have to fill in at that position. The last two years we haven't had a true 5 on the team. Kyle Wilson was more of a combo forward, but we had to use him at the 5 because we had no one else. Thommasson was also more of a 4 and undersized for the 5 at about 6'6.75". That changes this year with Stutz on the team. I really see Durley more suited to the 4 position.

With his size and bulk he appears to be able to play both with his back to the basket and facing the basket on the offensive end. Hopefully he will be able get his minutes at the low post filling in for Stutz when he's tired, in foul trouble, or just playing to much like the freshman he is. It appears that at least JT is putting in the effort on the conditioning even with the broken foot. I hope he puts forth that kind of effort on playing defense when he can play again.

Who says that you have to play with a center on the court? We haven't had a true center on the court since Miller left. How is MG's recovery coming along? Very well from what I hear. How is AE coming with his his conversion to PF? Has he put on enough weigh or gained enough strength to play with he back to the basket. I know most of you, me included, would like to see AE at the three, but I don't know if he is quick enough to guard the 3 especially in the Valley where you see a lot of three guard sets. You may even see us play some 3 guard sets with our Juco PGs and freshmen combo guards and returning 3 point sharp-shooter in Hatch.

Comment

A lot of players on this squad will see significant minutes. Who starts at the beginning of the season will be those who are most prepared and experienced to do so. What is more interesting, and maybe more important, is who will be finishing close games by the last half of the season. There are a lot of young, but very talented players here. Which ones will rise up to the occasion should be most exciting.

:yahoo: :clap: :wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
                              X