Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22
    Originally posted by SB Shock
    You're missing Blair from that list. He very well could be a starter both years he's eligible.
    Man I think we go undefeated in 10-11. 8 > 5.

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for making the point I was hinting at, but didn't say in my original post.

If we have 2 years of Stutz and Durley splitting time at the post and have a Jr and a Sr at that spot, that's not the time to recruit a JuCo post player, which would be Orukpe.

The original "realist" thing was whether posters believed Orukpe would ever play for WSU. That morphed into whether posters wanted to see Durley playing post.

Durley is a post player at WSU for at least 2 years. The year Orukpe comes out of JuCo, WSU needs a Fr post, not a Jr post. It is entirely possible to be a glass half-full fan and think that Orukpe will never wear black and gold.

The moment GM has to deal with EO not being here is the moment that the plans get made for dealing with that. If those plans are successful, there's no need to ever have Orukpe in black and gold.

There's a good possibility that Orukpe never wears black and gold and that it's a mutual decision between WSU and Orukpe in the interests of what would be best for EO.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

My expectations for next year:

Nachos

Comment

My starting 5: PG-Hannah SG-Murry SF-Hawkins PF-Clemente C-Stutz First 2 off the bench Durley & Ellis

Comment

The realist in me tells me Durley is too short to be a Center for us at 6'7". He could do okay in the MVC, but just okay. He would not be okay for post season play. We would just be robbing Peter to pay Paul in having Durley at the 5 position.

At the 4 postiion, he is effective, at the 5 position, not so much.

Comment

I wonder if Ellis will start this year.

Why? Here are some minor reasons: Hawkins seems to be hurt a lot. Clemente is still not cleared to play; if he has a heart condition, he may never play again. Ellis beats out Gris.

Major reason: With his length and long arms, Ellis creates serious matchup problems at the 4. While he is not "guard quick," I think he is fairly fast and could be open on breaks (or secondary breaks) and might be able to go around a lot of other 4s.

A random thought: Is Ellis quick enough to guard 6'3" P'Allen Stinnett and 6'3" Osiris Eldridge? Can he guard 6'8" Jonathan Cox (second in MVC in rebounding and 3-point shooting percentage)?
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

They had him play D on Cooz last year so I think he could do alright. Are P and O used as SFs or SGs? P may actually play some point if I'm not mistaken. And he can definitely guard Cox.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                  My expectations for next year:

Nachos
                  "Would you like stale chips with that?"
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

They had him play D on Cooz last year so I think he could do alright. Are P and O used as SFs or SGs? P may actually play some point if I'm not mistaken. And he can definitely guard Cox.
                    P'Allen doesn't play any PG. That's Witter/Dotzler land. Stinnett did play the 3 at times last year, although in DA's system it often looks like there are two 2's rather than a 2 and a 3...

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                      P'Allen doesn't play any PG. That's Witter/Dotzler land. Stinnett did play the 3 at times last year, although in DA's system it often looks like there are two 2's rather than a 2 and a 3...
                      I wondered, but it seemed like he handled the ball some. But it's not like I paid a ton of attention to CU. :D
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I didn't really care what positions PS and OE play. Imagine a long 6'9" player guarding your best scorer or your team leader. If our "2" was Ellis, so what?

PG - Hannah
                        "SG" - Ellis
                        SF - Hawkins
                        PF - Clemente
                        C - Stutz
                        :D
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                          Thanks, everyone, for making the point I was hinting at, but didn't say in my original post.

If we have 2 years of Stutz and Durley splitting time at the post and have a Jr and a Sr at that spot, that's not the time to recruit a JuCo post player, which would be Orukpe.

The original "realist" thing was whether posters believed Orukpe would ever play for WSU. That morphed into whether posters wanted to see Durley playing post.

Durley is a post player at WSU for at least 2 years. The year Orukpe comes out of JuCo, WSU needs a Fr post, not a Jr post. It is entirely possible to be a glass half-full fan and think that Orukpe will never wear black and gold.

The moment GM has to deal with EO not being here is the moment that the plans get made for dealing with that. If those plans are successful, there's no need to ever have Orukpe in black and gold.

There's a good possibility that Orukpe never wears black and gold and that it's a mutual decision between WSU and Orukpe in the interests of what would be best for EO.
                          Don't smoke and type,grow your own,do you?

Comment

AE would be a great defensive stopper,as I said before, he can guard just about anyone.I think AJ would be a better defender on the wing, so I would switch AJ from SF to SG because I think that is his natural position and play AE at SF which is natural for him.My concern with both is not on defense,my concern would be can they score from the perimeter so teams couldn't cheat which will give GS and RC room to work down low.If both are shooting well we will be extremely tough anyway, with enough fire power coming off the bench to blow teams out.The bench is loaded with proven 3 pt shooters.

Comment

Bigshotmaker: We're just discussing a defensive assignment. Ellis could play PF on offense.

Comment

I'd still love to see a lineup wiht Aaron and the 3 and AJ at the 2.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X