Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
    I wonder if Ellis will start this year.

Why? Here are some minor reasons: Hawkins seems to be hurt a lot. Clemente is still not cleared to play; if he has a heart condition, he may never play again. Ellis beats out Gris.

Major reason: With his length and long arms, Ellis creates serious matchup problems at the 4. While he is not "guard quick," I think he is fairly fast and could be open on breaks (or secondary breaks) and might be able to go around a lot of other 4s.

A random thought: Is Ellis quick enough to guard 6'3" P'Allen Stinnett and 6'3" Osiris Eldridge? Can he guard 6'8" Jonathan Cox (second in MVC in rebounding and 3-point shooting percentage)?
    FYI--watching Sports Sunday last night, I believe that Bruce Heartl said that Ramon either HAS or soon will be cleared to play. He said that the tests were done or being done in Boston? Did anyone else catch that?

If that's the case, then we have no worries about him.

Comment

shockar25: We really need Ramon Clemente this year. Until he is cleared, however, I will be concerned. (April 17, 2007 was not that long ago; I hope the doctors are very cautious.)
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

With his length and added strength AE is our only true shot blocker so he's got to stay close to the basket,at the same time he's the most versatile big on the team this yr.I feel comfortable with him and GS in there together.With JT and AE we go as far as their rebounding will take us even with Ramon getting his 7 or 8 ,if they play up to their potential we can go pretty far.AE has proven he can go get 13 reb.

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
          Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          I wonder if Ellis will start this year.

Why? Here are some minor reasons: Hawkins seems to be hurt a lot. Clemente is still not cleared to play; if he has a heart condition, he may never play again. Ellis beats out Gris.

Major reason: With his length and long arms, Ellis creates serious matchup problems at the 4. While he is not "guard quick," I think he is fairly fast and could be open on breaks (or secondary breaks) and might be able to go around a lot of other 4s.

A random thought: Is Ellis quick enough to guard 6'3" P'Allen Stinnett and 6'3" Osiris Eldridge? Can he guard 6'8" Jonathan Cox (second in MVC in rebounding and 3-point shooting percentage)?
          FYI--watching Sports Sunday last night, I believe that Bruce Heartl said that Ramon either HAS or soon will be cleared to play. He said that the tests were done or being done in Boston? Did anyone else catch that?

If that's the case, then we have no worries about him.
          I also heard ‘The Bruce’ mention the good news about Ramon’s health… along with the not so good news about EO.

Additionally, during Sport Sunday and Kake Overtime Live, everyone was showering coach Marshall with accolades for emergency caddying for Dave Schultz during the final round of the Nationwide Tournament yesterday. I understand that coach Marshall met Schultz during the Pro-Am earlier in the week and then invited him to stay at his home. Schultz cancelled his hotel reservations and moved in with the Marshall family for the week. He supposedly called coach a few minutes prior to Sunday’s final round telling him that he needed an emergency caddy. Coach Marshall volunteered and carried the 30# bag for the 4.5 hour round. I noticed the player was even sporting a Shocker shirt. I’m not sure there are many D-1 coaches who would have done the same.
          :good: :good:
          SFL is back!

Comment

SFL: I think we have a good coach. I hope Ramon is OK. Remember how disruptive was Matt's healthy, not healthy, healthy situation last year.
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Marshall's the man!!!

I will continue to worry about Ramon until he steps onto the court and plays. Even then, I may still worry some.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                Marshall's the man!!!

I will continue to worry about Ramon until he steps onto the court and plays. Even then, I may still worry some.
                I feel ya Sub.Athletes in general think they're invincible and reading the Ramon interview I still don't think he grasp the seriousness of his situation.Fine tuned world class athletes don't just pass out.GM is gonna be extra careful with this having witness one tragedy on his watch.

Comment

I know all about thinking you're better than you are and it cost me my health in HS and any chance to play beyond at some level. What happened to Ramon was so strange you can't help but worry. That's not a typical or normal accurance.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I know all about thinking you're better than you are and it cost me my health in HS and any chance to play beyond at some level. What happened to Ramon was so strange you can't help but worry. That's not a typical or normal accurance.
                    Depending on what was happening in his personal life back home--the reason Ramon himself cited for the incident--stressful situations like that can often lead to fatigue or physical weakness to the point of passing out.

Not so uncommon that I haven't heard of it happening to a few people.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                      You're missing Blair from that list. He very well could be a starter both years he's eligible.
                      Thanks. I'll update the grid.

Comment

You're missing Blair from that list. He very well could be a starter both years he's eligible.
                        A nice chart, SB.

When will the A Team have lunch again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                          A nice chart, SB.

When will the A Team have lunch again?
                          Blair will start from the day he's eligible to play,the kid is a beast who has been described as a bigger taller Ramon, I think someone made that point.The other point is RC and CH will compete for PG playing time , one of the Fr guards 6-4 TM or 6-3 DK will man the other guard position.I don't think RC can defend like those guys,I think you need length at that wing position so one of the Fr along with Fr GS will be in the lineup.GM love big guards that can move his feet defensively.The other move is 6-5 AJH playing the two and AE moving into the three which will not upset anyone and that's what more than likely will happen to start the year,RC will not be the staring two guard.

Comment

I don't know BSM. Anything is possible, but to start the season I'd still be expecting the two JUCO guys to begin the season in the starting lineup. At this point anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the FR move into that spot eventually.

This is a good problem to have though :D
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I agree that Hannah and Chamberlain ...two fairly short PGs, will not both start...if they do its because our freshmen 2 guards aren't ready so it won't be a good thing...Also I believe AE is a great talent but not really quick enough to play defense at the 3...he needs to be a PF

Comment

Considering reports were that he D'd up PJ fairly well, I'm not worried about him playing the 3.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X