• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockall
    Originally posted by Hotel Paper
    Originally posted by shockall
    Originally posted by SubGod22
    I doubt he'd choose to leave the States. If he develops and impresses the pro thing could be a concern, but education is important to him from what I've heard and he wouldn't just leave for no reason. I think Europe wouldn't really be attractive to him until he'd done everything he could to get into the NBA and that would mean finish school before going over there.

This is all based off of what I've heard/read and my own assumptions.
    Without having seen him play in even one college game, why do you think he will be an NBA player?
    If Patrick O'Bryant and Shawn Bradley can make into the league, why can't Ehimen?
    Gentlemen (or ladies), all I am saying is that we should not get excited about EO until EO plays. I remember two years ago when many people got excited about a "pro" from Israel. He didn't pan out too well. There have been countless numbers of other tall players over the past three decades that didn't play in the NBA, so I am asking about where you are getting your info from that seems to be charging up your senses before anyone sees him play.
    Maybe they got it from here.

Comment

• I think most people are basing their opinions of his ability on what coaches have said in the past, and by his performance at pick-up games this summer.

I think there's little doubt that at the very least defensively he would be a huge help to us. I truly hope he honors his promise to come here--even if it's not possible right away if for no other reason than the fact the our coaching staff has busted their rears to get him the opportunity to even get here and surely he owes them that respect.

However, we know how things tend to work in the 'real world' all too often, particularly when the potential of making ridiculous money in the NBA is concerned. I don't think that it's a stretch to say that if he has to go to a JUCO, he will most certainly be 'tempted' by other schools to change his D1 plans. I just hope that he's as loyal as he seems to be.

More importantly, I hope he understands the value of his education, which it seems he does. If he wants to be an engineer--what better place than WSU to get his training?

If the worst case scenerio happens and he never dons the black and gold, then so be it. We're going to be on the rise regardless.

Comment

• This whole thing has me somewhat confused, but allow me to follow this logical path . . .

If memory serves, Troy Mack utilized Proposition 48, which I think is the same prop. that allows a player to graduate from a juco and be D1 eligible. Has that changed since Mack played?

If it hasn't changed, it leads me to believe that the issue isn't NCAA eligibility, but basic entry requirements for full-time students. However, if Ehimen obtained his GED, then he should be able to enroll full-time under Prop. 48.

I'm left to conclude that international students must meet different standards. Is this where his test scores come in? If so, they should be able to continue the pursuit to get them. At that point, he should be able to meet entrance requirements and subsequently, NCAA eligibility.

Thoughts or corrections?

Comment

• Well, somebody surely knows, but there is a difference between not good enough SAT, not proper core carriculum, not all non-qualifiers are the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock
            Rule of thumb for "novices" relating to Afro-western relations if it cost one US dollar plan on three.

Please note this rule applies to 4/5ths of our globe.

Go Shocks!!!!
            Please check your PM.

d

Comment

• NCAA Deny Waiver For Orupke

If this has already been posted I apologize:

WICHITA, Kan. ? The NCAA Eligibility Center has denied Wichita State University's waiver request to certify seven-foot center Ehimen Orukpe, a native of Benin, Nigeria, as a NCAA Division I qualifier, Wichita State Head Coach Gregg Marshall announced today.

EO to attend Three Rivers JUCO in Poplar Bluffs, MO.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                NCAA Deny Waiver For Orupke

If this has already been posted I apologize:

WICHITA, Kan. ? The NCAA Eligibility Center has denied Wichita State University's waiver request to certify seven-foot center Ehimen Orukpe, a native of Benin, Nigeria, as a NCAA Division I qualifier, Wichita State Head Coach Gregg Marshall announced today.

EO to attend Three Rivers JUCO in Poplar Bluffs, MO.
                It seems like if they can get his Nigerian test scores sometime this year, he would be a qualifier for DI play next year. Without it, normal non-qualifier rules apply.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• Not that it is likely to happen, but if I understand the situation correctly, he could conceivably join the team for second semester if they get his test scores.

Comment

• Originally posted by McShocker
                    Not that it is likely to happen, but if I understand the situation correctly, he could conceivably join the team for second semester if they get his test scores.

When I asked this question earlier today, amongst those I trust know the answer, the answer was in the affirmative.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      Originally posted by McShocker
                      Not that it is likely to happen, but if I understand the situation correctly, he could conceivably join the team for second semester if they get his test scores.

When I asked this question earlier today, amongst those I trust know the answer, the answer was in the affirmative.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :goshocks: :clap: :clap: 8) 8) Lets Hope!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Why in the wide world of sports would we think we're ever going to get the test scores. And if for some miraculous reason they ever landed in our hands don't you think the NCAA might be a little curious how we got them?

Comment

• Maybe it would be because WSU worked to get the scores. Doesn't seem like it would be miraculous after 2 years of trying. Now if they were hand written with crayons....

Comment

• Doesn't matter how hard you try. There's only 1 thing they want.

Comment

• Can EO sign a letter of intent this Nov.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime
                                Can EO sign a letter of intent this Nov.?
                                He could, but it wouldn't do any good until he became a qualifier.

If he does, that would raise this question:
                                What is the record for one player signing the most letters of intent with the same school?

Comment

Working...
                                X