No announcement yet.

*sigh*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money needs to exchange hands for those scores. Whether the father does it or a "concerned" relative, it needs to get done.

If this was Texas, Kentucky, etc. etc. it would have already been done. This is not a "wannabe" student like that Arthur kid from Lowrents who had to lie to get into college because he was a sorry student. This is a kid that comes from educated parents who's already proven his mettle in the classroom during the summer with a 4.0.

It would be a travesty if this thing falls through all on account of a technicality. It's unbelievable how someone who passed a U.S. G.E.D. examination cannot get into a state college to play basketball...

Just a sorry situation that needs to be "fixed" yesterday...

T

... :-x

Comment

• It's total horsesh!t that this guy:

"According to the report, math teacher Winford Ashemore notified the principal and basketball coach that Arthur was not only failing miserably, but not even giving an effort to try. When told that Arthur would receive a failing grade, he was abruptly dropped from Ashemore's class and given a grade of 70 ... which was passing"

...gets to play basketball and even earn a championship ring while our "son-of-an-engineer", which probably already attended more classes over the summer than Arthur did his whole college career is sidelined...

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Money needs to exchange hands for those scores. Whether the father does it or a "concerned" relative, it needs to get done.

If this was Texas, Kentucky, etc. etc. it would have already been done.
        I was told as much a few months back, only North Carolina was the school they used as an example.

To give out any more info wouldn't be prudent on my part, but it's rather interesting who it was that told this the person that told me.

CRYPTIC.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• If it's really a question of getting the test scores we'll have an unpleasant choice.

Nigeria is an example of a country where the corruption is so pervasive that it's not really corruption in the traditional sense; that is, where you can pay a bribe for special treatment. Rather, you have to pay a bribe for normal treatment. It's like there's a giant system of unofficial fees for bureaucratic transactions. And paying them isn't anything out of the ordinary or secretive, really. The problem is, since bribes are such a taboo here, the NCAA understandably has rules against paying them. I've worried from the beginning that WSU would end up getting screwed here because they actually obey the rules.

Ultimately it's worth it; the long-term benefits of having a clean program should outweigh any one recruit; it's sad that in this case writing the check wouldn't be anywhere near the sort of moral transgression that the rules are designed to prevent. I'm reminded of a story (which is absolutely hearsay but hey, it's the internet) of a recruit who came to Georgetown and point-blank asked the elder John Thompson what perks he would get if he signed. To his credit, Big John told him to look elsewhere. The kid ended up at UCONN--must have liked Calhoun's answer better...

Comment

• My biggest concern is that if EO goes JUCO he will likely never be a Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by benishock
              My biggest concern is that if EO goes JUCO he will likely never be a Shocker
              That is a big concern for all of us.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                Money needs to exchange hands for those scores. Whether the father does it or a "concerned" relative, it needs to get done.
                :yes: I talked to one of our employees who lived in Nigeria for 30 years and came to US recently. He said everything must be bribed, even when you purchase a foreign car, you need to bribe to get it.
                In our case, somebody should tell the NCAA that this is not cheating, but following the (corrupted) system.
                Should we send some money to his father or someone we trust to do the bribing?
                Anyway, in the future, if some athlete gets a test score, the NCAA can probe and see if bribing is involved. 8)
                Wait!
                How about asking Tihart's aid in Nigeria to contact the official and ask for the scores. I think the NCAA will accept it. :roll:
                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• I actually think that after all that we've gone through and done for him, we would still have a very, very good chance of getting him after his 2 years of juco.

And if he does go juco, whose to say that in 2 years, we aren't solidly in the top 25 and recruiting players as good or better than him?

Not that I don't think he's a great player, because from everything I've heard, he is the kind of student athlete that any program would love to have.

Just sayin....
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Shockerprez me thinks you are a bit optimistic

Comment

• Ok boys and girls I think it's time to move on.We can revisit this topic in 2 yrs if he's still available to us.

Comment

• Ehimen has already shown some loyalty. I think there's a good chance he may remain loyal. But things do change with time.

I do hope if he goes juco he will end up at Hutch. At least I'll be able to see him play a few times.

Comment

• Considering he had other schools trying to convince him they could get him out of Nigeria faster and whatever else and stuck with WSU I'm not too worried.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Remember folks--nothing official has been said. I suggest we be patient and wait to see what the eventual outcome will be. The rest is speculation--although somewhat educated speculation.

Comment

• Right now this entire thread is speculation. I'm sure there are rumors flying and contacts have been made if EO isn't allowed to play at WSU next year.

Until we hear something official, there's still work being done to get EO into WSU next year. The chances may be slim and the alternatives may appear more likely to happen.

I think EO has been the most fascinating story to hit SN in its entire history. There were many fairly lengthy threads before the 50+ page EO thread. This one's likely to hit 10+ pages.

It's sure kept me coming back here every day during the off-season.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Rule of thumb for "novices" relating to Afro-western relations if it cost one US dollar plan on three.

Please note this rule applies to 4/5ths of our globe.

Go Shocks!!!!
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X