No announcement yet.

*sigh*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't he sit out one year at WSU as a non-qualifier, then if he graduates in 4, he gets that last year of eligibility back? I believe Troy Mack and Willie Davis both did that.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      Originally posted by ShockBaller
      Last time I exposed myself I got the cops called on me!!
      BJ Williams, is that you?
      I missed this.

The same could also be said for Sherron, but you know that case is getting thrown out so he must not have done it. :roll: Just watch out for Taco Bell drive-thru windows, okay Baller? We have problems with that in Lawrence.

Seriously, sorry about EO I hope it all works out that he eventually gets to play for WSU. The NCAA can be one hell of a rediculous monster.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Couldn't we have just forged some test scores or something? If it's this hard to get test scores out of Nigeria, them I'm guessing the NCAA would never be able to check and see if they were forged or not. Other schools get away with playing guys who never graduated high school and can read, surely can get our guy on the court!

Comment

The subject of EO came up this morning on 1240,,Bruce H. said that while there is nothing official, he thinks it is looking more and more like EO may not be eligible this year...consistant with this thread...Bruce said he may play one year for an area JUCO...Which might be a good thing if he then comes back here.....I'm thinking that if he does he could sign a new LOI in Nov. and we could all rest a little easier...If this is true it is at the least a diasapointment

Comment

This is the deal.They couldn't get his scores from Nigeria and it was vital that the clearinghouse recieved those scores.Now he has to go juco,and because he is not a qualifier he has to complete the juco requirements recieve an associate degree which takes a minimum of 2 yrs.Don't panic yet,for a player of his status,a 7 footer, sometimes the juco coaches will cut a deal for the kid to play 1 yr and redshirt 1 yr so he can keep 3 yrs of elgibility to play D1 basketball. Let's cross our fingers and toes and hope it happens that way,and let's think more of what's best for the kid.DAMN!!!

Comment

So why can't he go the prep school route (Sunrise) and become eligible?
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Bigshotmaker
                This is the deal.They couldn't get his scores from Nigeria and it was vital that the clearinghouse recieved those scores.Now he has to go juco,and because he is not a qualifier he has to complete the juco requirements recieve an associate degree which takes a minimum of 2 yrs. Don't panic yet,for a player of his status,a 7 footer, sometimes the juco coaches will cut a deal for the kid to play 1 yr and redshirt 1 yr so he can keep 3 yrs of elgibility to play D1 basketball. Let's cross our fingers and toes and hope it happens that way,and let's think more of what's best for the kid.DAMN!!!

He also completed two years of academic work in one and was prepared to transfer to Louisiana Tech last August. He graduated with honors but wasn't eligible to accept a scholarship from a four-year school because of an NCAA rule that required a non-qualifier to be a full-time student for three semesters at a junior college.

Whitehead appealed to the NCAA, saying that to attend another semester at a junior college would not further his educational development. The NCAA granted him an exemption, but the ruling came one day before school started at Louisiana Tech.

Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

So does summer semester along with fall and spring count as the 3, or does it not count?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                    So does summer semester along with fall and spring count as the 3, or does it not count?
                    Probably whatever it takes to complete 60 hours, which in most cases is at least 2 years.

Comment

• no offense, I'm about ready to just move on this is too confusing and taxing!

Comment

• Originally posted by hutchshox
                        no offense, I'm about ready to just move on this is too confusing and taxing!
                        Yup....Global sourcing of basketball players is a very, very risky business...
                        Sort of like sourcing automobiles from distant countries. You fight to get them here and then learn they do not meet the EPA regulations, or might not have turn signals.....

Comment

• I'm with Hutch.

My head is spinning.

Maybe, this guy

can go to Nigeria and meet with this guy to solve the transcript problem.

Yes, I know. I am in dream city. Just a little, light humor for the posters.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose
                            Ok, that confirms what I've heard, that we must have his scores. I'm interested in hearing from Shocker to see why he said we don't need them...

Originally posted by Shocker
                            Originally posted by ShockBaller
                            They must also have the scores from his exit exam...
                            No.
                            What I meant was that they did not have them to submit to the clearinghouse. If they had, things would be better and we probably would not be having this conversation.

My understanding is that they submitted the paperwork anyway and asked for a waiver due to the problems with the Nigerian system.

I didn't mean to imply that they didn't "need them" to be eligible, but rather just because they submitted paperwork to the clearinghouse that didn't mean they had his exit exam scores.

They knew that is was possible he would be declared ineligible but were hoping for the best.

I am sure that they will keep trying to his exit exam scores and if they do that may change things.

I hope this has helped to clarify what I was trying to say.

Comment

• Yes it does, thanks.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Yes, WSU tried and failed, because as Shockballer said weeks ago, "They must have his exit exam scores". WSU thought there might be a chance to get him through anyway, but I guess they were wrong.

Now let's forge some test scores!

Comment

Working...
                                X