*sigh*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sigh*

Misfortune is never invited. And it comes and sits at the table without permission and it eats, leaving nothing but bones.

T

... :cry:

There are to many tears on the board. Somebody appropriate needs to let everybody know what's up.
    In the fast lane

Comment

??????????????

Comment

huh
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

What???

Comment

From your post it is obvious that you are hurting. I sincerely hope your misfortune does not involve that of a close relative or friend.

A few years ago, in the midst of the Shocks going through a devastating losing streak, I posted that I had just lost, without warning, a close friend who was like a brother to me, and commented that sometimes we have to put things in our life into perspective.

I was really surprised at the number of heart felt posts I received back from shockernet members who I didn't know, had never met or seen and to this day have no idea what they even look like. But the kind comments, words of sympathy, and comradeship expressed, really helped in more than just a small way in overcoming my grief. That's why we send cards, etc., to friends.

No one wants to pry, but the point being is that if you let people know what is going on, you'll be surprised at the number of them who will come to your aid and help you.

Good luck.

Comment

I have never seen such bad, bad luck in a program. :cry: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                From your post it is obvious that you are hurting. I sincerely hope your misfortune does not involve that of a close relative or friend.

A few years ago, in the midst of the Shocks going through a devastating losing streak, I posted that I had just lost, without warning, a close friend who was like a brother to me, and commented that sometimes we have to put things in our life into perspective.

I was really surprised at the number of heart felt posts I received back from shockernet members who I didn't know, had never met or seen and to this day have no idea what they even look like. But the kind comments, words of sympathy, and comradeship expressed, really helped in more than just a small way in overcoming my grief. That's why we send cards, etc., to friends.

No one wants to pry, but the point being is that if you let people know what is going on, you'll be surprised at the number of them who will come to your aid and help you.

Good luck.
                Thanks for the thoughts but my pain derives not from my own circumstances but from that of my Alma mater's. I'm sorry but I am not at liberty to share the details at this time. I generally do not make any references to "unreleased" info but since the pain was already ebbing onto the board I made a thread where all the tears may collect.

T

...8)

Comment

If you can't say...don't...the collective tears can not accumulate. You are in the know, we get it.

Comment

I am curious about this. The only things of which I am aware are the budget cuts (1%-2% this year and 5% next year ?? ) for WSU; these were discussed in the media.

Let's see what this might be:
                    Some player or coach is ill?
                    Some other WSU employee (or former employee) is ill?
                    Some legal issue? (Gene? Don Beggs?)
                    Some pollution issue on campus? (mold? http://www.toxictortmold-online.com/html/danger.html)
                    Some academic problem? (accreditation?)

Considering the forum, perhaps there is a problem getting Ehimen Orukpe cleared by the NCAA?

I totally at a loss here.
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Using the technicality that the player in question has not yet enrolled at WSU as a student-athlete, I'm granting myself a temporary rumor exception. I will summarize what I've been told since it appears several others seem to know something.

It does not look good at all for Ehimen to be in a WSU uniform this year and possibly next.

Until anything official comes out with details (which are in short supply), there isn't much else that can be said.

Comment

Thanks, Royal.
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by WU M8E
                          If you can't say...don't...the collective tears can not accumulate. You are in the know, we get it.
                          Relax. There need not be any venom in this thread. And yes, the expressions of sorrow were leaking in other threads and taking them off topic. This is a thread for those "who know" to lament and for those that don't know to learn.

I just hope I have been severely misinformed...

T

...8)

Comment

Ok, I thought maybe it was something worse!!!!

I think many of us heard about a month ago that it was likely EO would not play this season. But since it was a rumor it wasn't posted.

Comment

There's more.

T

...8)

Comment

Working...
                              X