No announcement yet.

*sigh*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is hang-up on the NCAA Clearinghouse for EO???

Were his grades not in order???
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

It could have something to do with not getting his grades from Nigeria. And the fact that Nigeria is pretty currupt. It's possible he didn't score as high on whatever tests he's taken to make the NCAA happy. Whatever it is it's quite frustrating. Moreso for him than it is us. That kids done everything asked of him and still can't catch a break...
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Why would we send fim to Cowley??? Steve Eck has never been a friend of this program and has gone out of his way to harm it. I would not trust him as far as I could throw RDR(and that aint very far).

Comment

I would think Hutch. I thought the coaches had a pretty good relationship with those guys.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            It could have something to do with not getting his grades from Nigeria. And the fact that Nigeria is pretty currupt. It's possible he didn't score as high on whatever tests he's taken to make the NCAA happy. Whatever it is it's quite frustrating. Moreso for him than it is us. That kids done everything asked of him and still can't catch a break...
            Hmmmm....to me...it smells fishy. I mean "birdy" - (as in a fictional bird from the NE part of the state).
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Being that it's the NCAA we should have known things could go to crap. And the Clearinghouse is even worse.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

What I know is this:

I don't think the Nigerian paperwork has much to do with it. That was plan A, and we've been on plan B ever since he got here.

Plan B is his GED. I've heard that EO has scored well on every part of the test except the one you'd think someone from another country might not know as well: English.

Also, he's a prince that needs you to cash several checks of his dowery and send them home, according to his barrister who contacted me not long ago.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

What I'm hearing is that he's likely headed to an in-state school, colors of blue and red, with a fictional creature as it's mascot.

Comment

Something blue and red that breathes fire or something that looks like a chicken?

Comment

Just relax folks.
                      More will be known in a couple of days and then you can dice and slice to your hearts content. Until then, ease up and back away from the ledge. 8)
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Well, all I can say is nothing official has been said, and until it is, I'm trying not to get too concerned (though that's easier said than done).

The EO factor has always been a gamble. There's always been a chance he would never make it. Don't forget we still have a great recruiting class coming in , with guys like Garrett (don't forget the other 7 footer) and much, much more depth at just about every position! I echo the sentiments of the others who have expressed their concern for Ramon. I even asked Paul S. from the Eagle for an update on him, and have not received any responses, so that is a bit worrysome. We could use his leadership--perhaps even more important than EO would be this year. Let's hope that no matter what, Ramon is healthy and can continue his college degree pursuits.

We have a great coach, who has shown that he can recruit and works TIRELESSLY for the program. This potential bad news about EO (and note that I said potential) doesn't change my outlook on Shocker Basketball that much. We're going to get where we want to be regardless. Just remember there are always going to be bumps in the road, and lord knows we've had our share. All that means is our day is coming.

Did I ever tell ya'll how much I can't stand KU?? Ok, that's for another thread.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          What I'm hearing is that he's likely headed to an in-state school, colors of blue and red, with a fictional creature as it's mascot.
                          I hope this is humor.
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                            I hope this is humor.
                            Hutch?

Comment

I hope this is humor.
                              ME TOO. I'd rather see him ineligable for awhile than go **gulp** THERE.

It's one thing if he isn't cleared, and can't play for those reasons. Another completely if he were to go there. That would be most unfortunate and annoying. Hopefully as we start the school year if he's NOT going to be able to play for us, the school/coaches will let us all know so we can put this to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219
                                I hope this is humor.
                                Hutch?

Comment

Working...
                                X