Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
    Originally posted by KC Shox
    You guys are freakin weird. The man resurected this program from the dumps and all you can do is disrespect him. Get over it already.
    Call me crazy for agreeing with KC Shox, but I agree in spades.

The Turgeon bashers remind me of the Williams bashers.
    Hell hath no fury like a WUman scorned.....

:whistle: 8) :goshocks:
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Joco that's seriously funny and beautifully delivered.

Well done!

Comment

Still waiting to hear what Turgeon had to say on the TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
          He basically said he likes where he is. He feels he is now in a position to be able to get to a Final Four. (In other words, he couldn't get there from WSU). And that he was getting blamed for the poor season WSU had last year, which he felt was unfair.

Actually, I don't find great fault with what he SAID. I didn't care for the inference that he could not get to a Final Four from WSU, but he has a tendency not to weigh his remarks (as to how others are going to preceive them) before making them or he possibly could just care less what WSU thinks of him now. I hope the latter is not the case (because I am really greatful for what Mark did for this program) and I really wish some posters and other fans can get over his leaving. He had a right to leave (albeit not precisely in the manner in which he did it). Such is coaching life.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
            Originally posted by ABC
            He basically said he likes where he is. He feels he is now in a position to be able to get to a Final Four. (In other words, he couldn't get there from WSU). And that he was getting blamed for the poor season WSU had last year, which he felt was unfair.

Actually, I don't find great fault with what he SAID. I didn't care for the inference that he could not get to a Final Four from WSU, but he has a tendency not to weigh his remarks (as to how others are going to preceive them) before making them or he possibly could just care less what WSU thinks of him now. I hope the latter is not the case (because I am really greatful for what Mark did for this program) and I really wish some posters and other fans can get over his leaving. He had a right to leave (albeit not precisely in the manner in which he did it). Such is coaching life.
            You can take Turgeon's words at face value. HE could not take WSU to a Fina Four, because HE was not able to effectively recruit to WSU. AT aTm, he has a big name schoo to attract players for him. He is a target rich recruiting environment (Texas) with a budget 3-4 times as large (overal budget not basketball alone), and a whole bunch of kids more willing to stay in-state then travel up to Kansas....

I believe GM can do what Turgeon cannot.

As far as him being unfairy blamed for this season, who left and took their recruits with them?

Comment

MT took one recruit with him. Is that what you are asking?

Comment

Im not upset for him leaving, what i am upset is that he took a WSU recruit.
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Which of our last recruits would we have missed out on if Denzel Bowles would have come here instead?

Comment

yea my bad it was on KWCH
                    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Well, that is just it, isn't it? We don't know if MT took him or Denzel just wanted to go where the coach he committed to was. Like it or not, some players commit to the coach before the school, and that is where their main loyalty lies.

Besides, I don't think Denzel has worked out all that great anyway. MT is old hat, I'd much rather talk about what CGM is gonna do for next year.

Comment

The sour grapes on Turgeon is getting old.

If you were a recruit and you signed on because of the coach, don't tell me you wouldn't do the same thing.

Get over it already. :cry:
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

How many times do we have to point out that 99% of coaches look down upon taking a recruit with you. It is not an accepted practice. I had no problem with Turgeon leaving, but that act ruined any respect I ever had for the man.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Agreed. 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                              The sour grapes on Turgeon is getting old.

If you were a recruit and you signed on because of the coach, don't tell me you wouldn't do the same thing.

Get over it already. :cry:
                              You rarely hear about players following coaches under any circumstance. There was quite a dust up when Roy Williams went to UNC, then suddenly David Padgett wanted to transfer. He wound up at Louisville instead of UNC. Way too much heat for Roy...

No heat for Mark... so be it...

Still left a big mess for Marshall to clean up.. not sure he left us in any better shape than Fogler did when he left. Fortunately, we still had Jim Schaus. Having said that, I agree with others; let's focus no the future.

Time will tell if Mark can get to the next level at aTM...

Comment

Originally posted by tshox
                                Why dont you people go to the A & M fan site and have your man love.
                                You people are sick and need help. He is gone and not comming back.

GET OVER IT !!!!!
                                Hey, I didn't start the thread. I just think it's time you stopped moaning. I don't need to go to the A&M site. I am happy as can be with what we have. I just don't see all the excitment about spending all your time roasting a coach that came here and took a program in shambles and made it respectable.

I am thrilled with the situation we have now and don't need the likes of you telling me I am sick for appreciating the fact that we were raised from the bottom to the top. Now let's get back up there. And in the meantime, don't bother telling me what site I need to post on.

Comment

Working...
                                X