No announcement yet.

Ehimen Orukpe is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... when is a good time to see a pick up game?

I'm having Shocker BB withdrawl. And from reading your posts, it's gonna be a long summer!!! :roll:

Suggestions...anyone?

:goshocks:
    Knowledge, Skill & Attitude

Comment

i think that you guys will be happy with Ehimen. he can run like a deer! when our old coach went to see him, he said that he was beating all of the guards down the floor. he blocks shots and he dunks everything. he is VERY raw on offense but that will come with a great coach in GM. after a couple of years of experience and gaining some weight, ehimen will be a good player in my opinion. i know that he would have been pretty good in the big south, but it will be interesting to see how he does in the valley.

you guys are always welcome over on flamefans.com

Comment

Originally posted by LUguy
        i think that you guys will be happy with Ehimen. he can run like a deer! when our old coach went to see him, he said that he was beating all of the guards down the floor. he blocks shots and he dunks everything. he is VERY raw on offense but that will come with a great coach in GM. after a couple of years of experience and gaining some weight, ehimen will be a good player in my opinion. i know that he would have been pretty good in the big south, but it will be interesting to see how he does in the valley.

you guys are always welcome over on flamefans.com
        Thanks for the insight. My sense is that a 7 footer that pans out is good regardless of the conference he plays in.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          Thanks for the insight. My sense is that a 7 footer that pans out is good regardless of the conference he plays in.
          I think your 1 sense is correct there.

Comment

when our old coach went to see him, he said that he was beating all of the guards down the floor.
            If he can beat Couisnard and Braeuer down the floor, he won't be here more than 2 years. He won't beat Cooz and Sparky down the court. For the LU fans here: Matt Braeuer (Sparky) can beat guards down the floor while he is dribbling and Cooz is faster.

If Orukpe can be the third guy down the court in transition, he won't need offensive skills to get his share of points.

A few transition baskets and a few offensive board putbacks and you get to 12 points pretty fast.

It's still the hands. If Orukpe can't catch or throw a D1 pass, it doesn't matter how fast he gets down the court in transition.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

You are right Aargh. The first problem a seven footer has is feet. Can he pivot without falling down? Can he get to the block before the shot clock expires? It sounds like EO can! After that its hands. Catch and hold ball. Shoot ball, pass ball. Luckily he won't have to dribble much.

Does anyone know anything about the new 7' kid at Bradley? I believe his name is Collins.
              Livin the dream

Comment

I'd be VERY HAPPY if this 7-foot Orukpe turns out to be half as good as 6-11 Gene Wiley or 6-10 Nate Bowman. Both of them were fairly raw when they came to WSU.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

If the kid played soccer, he's got the footwork down pat. I'm not worried there. Kerry will get him strong enough to take and make the passes. I'm not concerned about that either.

My concern is him catching on to the speed of American game. Overseas, it seems to be a little slower, IMO. When he adjusts to the speed of how things happen here, he'll end up being just fine. And since it sounds like he knows how to throw it down, he'll get his points.

Comment

Originally posted by mproviz
                    so when we say that is is close to 7 feet, does that mean like 6'11.9'' or more like 6'11'' and some change? I will say that there is definitely something magical about hitting that 7' mark...
                    On 1410 this morning they said he's the first 7 footer at WSU in 15 years. Who can guess the last one?

Comment

Paul White

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                        Paul White
                        Did he really count though?

Comment

They called Paul White---"hot-dog fingers". Is PW still in the WWF scence as a Pro wrestler? Taking on the likes of Hulk Hogan and rumored to be the son of the late "Andrea the Giant?" ;-) Paul was a cool dude.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

White or Wight?
                            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

A typical Paul Wight layup was an adventure. Sometimes It might miss everything and next time the ball could rebound all the way to center court. This man is why the term "concrete hands" was coined.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                                They called Paul White---"hot-dog fingers".
                                He had the biggest freaking hands I'd ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X