Ehimen Orukpe is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flanders
    Orukpe is not supposed to be a project. When he was recruited to Liberty it wasn't expected that he would be there all 4 years.

Obviously expectations don't mean much in the long run, but we really shouldn't look at the guy as someone who is just getting a shot because he is 7-feet tall.

Apparently he runs like a sprinter and is very impressive physically (not Manute Bol). He could very well be getting some PT early if his defense leads to a lot of fast breaks.
    I don't think people consider him a total project, but it has been mentioned that he will have to develop offensively and get a little stronger. I'm sure he will do those things though. I will admit that's the first I've heard of someone saying he's not expected to spend 4 years in college. Although now a days, I wouldn't expect many 7 footers to spend all 4 years in school if they have decent ability and aren't tripping over themselves.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The truth is that no one outside of the coaching staff has seen him play. Therefore, no one knows if he can contribut. It doesn't get much more speculative than that.
      Livin the dream

Comment

CGM knows that he can contribute, that's good enough for me.
        KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
        Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

7 footer

Patrick O'Bryant wasn't much more than a shot blocker and rebounder his first year at Bradley. This kid just needs the chance to play in the games so he can develop into a contributor on our team.

Comment

I remember watching Akeem Olajuwan on TV his sophomore year. Fairly rough offensively, but you could definitely see the potential. He made great strides each successive year.

The fact this guy can run, block, and rebound is a great foundation for an 18 year old kid. Even if he is nothing more than another Ozell Jones we will be very happy....
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
              I wonder, if he played soccer, when he was growing up.

Many tall players have great feet quickness, foot speed and coordination due to their soccer experience.
              Im assuming the national sport there is Soccer.

And I havent had a chance to read through many of the comments on here been crazy busy..

ill read more but everybody has been pretty spot on.

Comment

I just wonder when Ehimen "Silent K" Orupke will hit town. The Comet is in the middle of their season right now, sitting in third at 12-4 (frickin' Dodan Warriors! Those guys foul like crazy!)

The official website of FIBA Africa, The International Basketball Federation, and the governing body of Basketball.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                  I wonder, if he played soccer, when he was growing up.

Many tall players have great feet quickness, foot speed and coordination due to their soccer experience.
                  Im assuming the national sport there is Soccer.

And I havent had a chance to read through many of the comments on here been crazy busy..

ill read more but everybody has been pretty spot on.
                  I would be very suprised if he didn't play soccer growing up. I play with a group of 1st generation African immigrants on Sundays just off of Woodlawn (some Nigerian) and there are Nigerian players all over the top professional leagues in the world.

Comment

I have been to Nigeria and Liberia while serving in the Marine Corps and i can assure you every kid plays soccer.
                    I like basketball,cuz if i wasnt for Basketball,i wouldnt be playin Basketball today

Comment

“I had sent a representative from my Winthrop staff to Nigeria and when he returned Ehimen was our primary target amongst many targets that would be capable of helping us at Winthrop. Through the transition of coaching staffs, not only at Wichita State, but also at Liberty, where he originally signed then released from his NLI, we began to recruit him to WSU in earnest once that occurred.
                      This speaks volumes to me......I am utterly amazed at how CGM has been able to maintain recruiting ties and hardly miss a beat. I would've given him a little leeway just to get here, get settled in and transition into the job. But this guy has literally hit the ground running and made this whole situation and coach change into a seamless transition.

If the team he has put together goes about its business the same way, the sky's the limit.

Comment

SAMPAY WHO?
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

do you think he's be like a college aged Ben Wallace?

Comment

Just having a 7 footer gets me excited. What CGM has done is absolutely a miracle, seeing the mess he was left with. Now let's just fast forward the next few months so that we can see them play.

Comment

Thomasson, Hart, Clemente, Griskenas, Durley, Orukpe, Butler(?).

That's 6 or 7 actual frontcourt players. 4 or 6 (maybe) that will likely see respectable minutes. Only one Sr. in the bunch. That is going to be frontcourt depth - something Shocker fans haven't seen in recent memory.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I remember the first time Greg Dreiling entered the floor at 21st and Hillside as a Shocker. Just seeing somebody a legitimate 7'0" that can play and is a Shocker was a great feeling. I hope this young man is hungry to learn and wants to excel as a player to the max. :wsu_posters:
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X