Ehimen Orukpe is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Competent 7 foot centers in college basketball are better than sex.
    Virg__

:whistle:

Not all 7'ers can run. What happened to that 7'+ kid from K-State? I thought he looked like a giraffe when he loped down the court (legs out front and head bobbing). Is he still there?
    Last I heard is he was transferring.

Comment

Everything we've heard is that Orukpe can run so I'm happy with that.

Bennett was fun to watch. Or should I have said funny? I watched the 2nd KU/KSU game and couldn't help but laugh. He fouled out and I believe complained about every single call and no call. And all the fouls they called on him were so bad that they had to be called. I can't remember if he had more minutes or fouls that game. Could have gotten a T or two as well. It's a shame he's looking to transfer....
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
        Yeah, Jason Bennett is still there. I'm pretty sure the NBA hasn't come calling yet.
        no actually he is transfering
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Everything we've heard is that Orukpe can run so I'm happy with that.

Bennett was fun to watch. Or should I have said funny? I watched the 2nd KU/KSU game and couldn't help but laugh. He fouled out and I believe complained about every single call and no call. And all the fouls they called on him were so bad that they had to be called. I can't remember if he had more minutes or fouls that game. Could have gotten a T or two as well. It's a shame he's looking to transfer....
          A requested transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
            Yeah, Jason Bennett is still there. I'm pretty sure the NBA hasn't come calling yet.
            He transferred.

Comment

where to?

Comment

Any chance Orukpe will redshirt, or does everyone think he can contribute enough next year to justify using a year of eligibility?

Comment

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy
                  Any chance Orukpe will redshirt, or does everyone think he can contribute enough next year to justify using a year of eligibility?
                  Good question. I wouldn't have thought we could've been in a position to redshirt that kind of height this year. But who knows.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Bennett is the poster child for "Failed Recruiting Service Scouting Reports". Bennett was a 5* HS player.

KSU announced his trfr, but didn't announce where he was going. With only a couple of days left in the signing period, it appears Bennett may be looking at JuCo or a lower 4-year level. Almost every D1 team is looking for a big guy, even if he only projects as a backup. Evidently no one wants Bennett for that role.

Patrick O'Bryant was a 1* or 2* guy out of HS. Now he's making NBA lottery pick $$.

It doesn't matter if you're an awesome shot blocker if you're just crossing half-court when the shot goes up. In a transition game, if Orukpe can get to the action about the same time the 6'5" and 6'6" guys are getting down the court, he wouldn't have to be a dominating offensive player. 5 on 4 can be huge in a transition/secondary break type of game. I think Orukpe will beat Eglseder (the other 7' guy in the Valley) down the court by more than a few strides.

Catching the ball and delivering passes could be the original point of emphasis with Orukpe. I've never seen Nigerian teams, but I'll guess that the ball speed on passes is higher in D1 ball. If Orukpe can run, jump, catch and throw he's good to go. Use the SU model. Let the 6'8"+ guys get all their points off stuffs.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Orukpe is not supposed to be a project. When he was recruited to Liberty it wasn't expected that he would be there all 4 years.

Obviously expectations don't mean much in the long run, but we really shouldn't look at the guy as someone who is just getting a shot because he is 7-feet tall.

Apparently he runs like a sprinter and is very impressive physically (not Manute Bol). He could very well be getting some PT early if his defense leads to a lot of fast breaks.

Comment

so when we say that is is close to 7 feet, does that mean like 6'11.9'' or more like 6'11'' and some change? I will say that there is definitely something magical about hitting that 7' mark...
                        KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
                        Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

Maybe he can swat some shots from our opponets into the hands of Clemente and PJ for the slam or to MB and MG to rain some 3's. I have a strong hunch this 7'0" young man will be primed and ready to contribute this very year. He had us at hello and we CAN handle the truth and all that jazz.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I wonder, if he played soccer, when he was growing up.

Many tall players have great feet quickness, foot speed and coordination due to their soccer experience.

Comment

Considering the excellent talent of our returning guards, combine it with Hart, the two 6-7 JUCO forwards, and Orukpe, it is not too far fetched to imagine this years team could cause havic in the Valley.

If things gel, like they should, we are no worse than third (and a possible 2d) in the regular season, no worse than 2d in the tournament, and we are back in the NCAA.

It is a great day to be a Shocker and today could be the start of something big. As was the day GM was hired.

Comment

First X man

Now O man

Great day to be a Shocker! There again everyday is a great day to be a Shocker!

:goshocks: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :D 8)
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X