Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shox21
    Originally posted by ISASO
    Not to crank up expectations, but this is the coach who took a 7-game winner of a program prior to his arrival and won 12 straight games in Jan - Feb crunch time in his first season at Winthrop. If he can get close to that, we'll be OK.
    I agree, but keep in mind the quality of the competition in the Valley now is quite a bit different than that in the Big South.
    Yes, but that cuts both ways, because it means that he inherited a team that could only win 7 games while playing in the Big South.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee
      This is about what I'm expecting, and, frankly, I'd be happy with this type of performance.

http://smumustangs.cstv.com/sports/m...l_bamba00.html
      I would say that is realistic expectations. And I would be happy too. 2-3 blocks per game as well as PJ's 1-2 blocks per game LOL. That would be cool with me!! :D
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
        This is about what I'm expecting, and, frankly, I'd be happy with this type of performance.

I would say that is realistic expectations. And I would be happy too. 2-3 blocks per game as well as PJ's 1-2 blocks per game LOL. That would be cool with me!! :D
        Agreed.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

All in all, I think next season is shaping up to be interesting and exciting, great for the Shocker fans.

It will be a long summer though ...LOL

I want to go catch some pickup games too, especially if all the new recruits are here.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            All in all, I think next season is shaping up to be interesting and exciting, great for the Shocker fans.

It will be a long summer though ...LOL

I want to go catch some pickup games too, especially if all the new recruits are here.
            Same here. I wonder when they will all be here. I know Clemente will be here in July sometime. August pickup games should be pretty good :)
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

As i was with hart im not worried about offensive output. Rebound and blocked shots is what I expect in minutes playes.

Im really happy about this signing.

as cold would say.....

Its a great day to be a shocker!

Comment

I hope he's going to be the Ben Wallace of the MVC (Defensively of course) :yahoo:

Comment

Competent 7 foot centers in college basketball are better than sex.

Coach Marshall definitely earned his $62,500 paycheck for last month.

Now lets get the protein and weight-gain shakes started the minute he gets on the plane headed for Kansas!

:clap: :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo:

This is for you coach! :good:

T

...8)

Comment

Very exciting news. The best thing was that this kid was the number one target way back last year! That speaks volumes. The sky is the limit for Orukpe, and if he pans out the whole team is elevated!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

... :whistle:
                      ~ShockerShow~ :P
                      GET LOUD n' GET SOME
                      ShockerNet's Most Wanted

Comment

7-1 and 200 lbs? Not quite Manute Bol territory, but still awfully thin.

Orukpe is 7-0, 215. If KR can get another 10-15 lbs. on him it would probably be considered a success.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          Orukpe is 7-0, 215. If KR can get another 10-15 lbs. on him it would probably be considered a success.
                          According to goshockers.com article, he already gained 5 lbs (at 220). So according to you, he only needs to add 5 (or more) lbs. :)
                          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Now I'm worried about your mental stability. :lol:
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Not all 7'ers can run. What happened to that 7'+ kid from K-State? I thought he looked like a giraffe when he loped down the court (legs out front and head bobbing). Is he still there?

Comment

Yeah, Jason Bennett is still there. I'm pretty sure the NBA hasn't come calling yet.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X