Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Madness

Since they haven’t announced anything... I will make my early suggestion:

Please repeat the Kansad Coliseum version. No pomp and circumstance. Just a normal warmup and forty minute running clock scrimmage.

The end.

Did we get confirmation on the 4 pm Monday start?

Comment

I kind of disagree. I've enjoyed the dunk contests and 3 point competitions.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        I kind of disagree. I've enjoyed the dunk contests and 3 point competitions.
        They always throw it together at the last second and it comes off second rate.

Stick to what you do well - run a game and make it fun for the junkies. I have zero interest in overdone introductions, coach interviews, or contests. I just want to see how the team fits together.

Comment

These huge momentus decisions are exactly the reason that Gregg gets paid a Top 10 $3.25 Million salary.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
            Since they haven’t announced anything... I will make my early suggestion:

Please repeat the Kansad Coliseum version. No pomp and circumstance. Just a normal warmup and forty minute running clock scrimmage.

The end.
            There's always a weight room session before Shocker Madness. 40 minutes of up tempo ball after an hour or two with Rosenboom would be an endurance test.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Anyone got the Vegas odds of Shaq seeing the court this madness?

Comment

I predict C.F. wins the 3-point contest followed closely by Austin and L.S. if they are cleared to do just this only. CJ has a great shot at winning the dunk contest but I would not rule out Brown and Brown!!! Even so, Willis may also have a chance too.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

For us old guys (and there are a lot of us on this board) Shocker Madness was when we could go and watch our Shocks and dream of the great things for the season and then when the games started it was a harsh slap of reality that we were't as good as we hoped. So Shocker Madness was our first glance at hope before reality set in.Thank God we have the season to look forward to instead of just Shocker Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                    Did we get confirmation on the 4 pm Monday start?
                    Ha!

I'll place my bet for a Tuesday at 6pm.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      I predict C.F. wins the 3-point contest followed closely by Austin and L.S. if they are cleared to do just this only. CJ has a great shot at winning the dunk contest but I would not rule out Brown and Brown!!! Even so, Willis may also have a chance too.
                      Shaq wins the 3 pt contest, CF wins the dunk contest ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Shaq wins the 3 pt contest, CF wins the dunk contest ...
                        Okay, but just don't bet the farm, just in case.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

"Notes: Arrive Early for Shocker Madness" - GoShockers.com

"The basics of Shocker Madness on Oct. 18 (Wednesday) will remain the same – ring ceremony, basketball skills contests and scrimmages.

The big changes are in how fans will enter Charles Koch Arena for the event, which begins at 7 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and Wichita State will use the event as a test for new security measures – metal detectors and a bag policy....

Wichita State moved the pep band to section 116 from 117 to comply with American Athletic Conference rules on the distance between the band and the visiting bench.

American rules also state that lids for bottled drinks must be removed by the seller at the concession stand.

Beer sales will end with 10 minutes remaining in men's basketball games and at the start of the fourth quarter for women's games."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            American rules also state that lids for bottled drinks must be removed by the seller at the concession stand.

Apparently there is no danger during a football game, it's only an indoor rule, or only a rule that applies to us. No problem with lids at Tulsa/Navy game.

Comment

If lids are going to be taken away from the pop bottles, they will lose my purchase. Where I sit there are no cupholders, so a lid is vital unless I want to hold it the entire time. I have been putting it behind me on the seat, as I tend to sit on the front half of the seat anyway.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X