No announcement yet.

McDuffie out until Mid-December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting to think Stress Fractures are contagious. Keep Landry and Markis quarantined until they're better.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker View Post
      HUUUUGE loss

And just because they are saying mid-december-for him to get back in game shape, add another month.

The top two players are hurt. Not a good start.
      Its a big loss but we'll be ok. That's the beauty of depth.

If a player is going to get hurt it might as well be now as opposed to later. There's less games to miss at least.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
        Its a big loss but we'll be ok. That's the beauty of depth.

If a player is going to get hurt it might as well be now as opposed to later. There's less games to miss at least.
        And thankfully we will have 6-8 opportunities (if not more) at Top 50 games after December ... unlike years past.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
          Wasn't that Wessel's medical redshirt year -- I think he played in only a handful of games at the beginning of the season and was on the bench the rest of that year -- UNLESS I have my years mixed up.
          Yes, forgot Wessel did get injured and was the only injured player that was still out by Dance time. Any word on how Austin is doing because we could sure use him a ton this Season if he is healthy and ready to play.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7 View Post
            Believe this is the year that demetric wasn't healthy at all either but was gutting through it.
            Yes, and Cotton played injured a lot that Season. Baker was out for quite a spell and returned for the Creighton game at the Lew. Also, I think Cle, EO, and Hall missed a few games during the duration of the Season due to various injuries. Our quality depth was able to fill in these voids and still keep winning. Baker played great at the Dance as a Freshman and Armstead and Freshman FVV both outplayed the Ohio State point guard star IMO. Then of course the long and timely 3-point dagger by FVV versus the Zags as though he had ice-water running through his Shocker veins. The Louisville game was up for grabs and may have been The game because I will always believe we would have beat Michigan if we could have made the Finals.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              The last time we had a rash of injuries we went to the final 4
              The last time we had a rash of injuries was 2016, not 2013. FVV and Shamet went down after the Tulsa game and Anton Grady left the Alabama game on a stretcher with feared spinal trauma.

I don't think we are in the same position, but the injuries devastated that year. We aren't going to have to rely on a 4th string freshman or walk-on to man the PG position, and we probably aren't going to have to sneak in as one of the last team play-in teams. This team is deeper and less reliant on any one player, but I still don't want to repeat the last time we faced injuries.

But hopefully this won't be like 2016 or 2013. I don't want to go on two 3-game losing streaks in conference play. I don't want to get swept in the midseason tournament. I don't want to see players carried off in stretchers or staying out all season.

I want us to come out and still win 28-30 games. I want Shamet and McDuffie to return fully healthy. I want to see us enter the tournament with a great seed after winning the AAC, and if I'm being selfish I want to go even further than 2013.

Comment

Many moons ago, star players like Cheese Johnson, Antoine Carr and others missed games because of ankle sprains, stress fractures, etc. Unfortunately, $hit happens! As others have said, thankfully, we’re loaded. “I’m not worried.”
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shamet should be back by the first few games, so hopefully we can keep it together.

Comment

Sucks but manageable so long as this injury is the last one of these for a while.

If another starter bites the dust I am going to buy Rolaids in bulk.

Comment

I agree that if LS is back by early November as indicated, and in ,say, 80% game shape by Maui, we should still have a good chance of a strong showing if not a championship in Maui. I hope so. Wife and I are going. We were in Orlando (fiasco) when Grady went down. Scariest basketball moment I can recall and an overall miserable tourney. I don't expect anything close to that in Hawaii. That team was Ron and Fred minus Fred in Orlando. This team has numbers.

Comment

Wishing a rapid and speedy recovery to Markis and can only imagine the disappointment to him, his team mates, and coaches.

Hopefully his absence will be short lived and everyone remains healthy from here on out.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ThatMcDuffieKid/status/913043408733769728

Markis in good spirits about this

Comment

Wasn't Markis supposed to have CT Scan yesterday for further evaluation of his injury? Has anyone seen any reporting on that? Or did that not happen?

Comment

Ask and you shall receive. Paul Suellentrop with a report on Markis post CT-Scan.

The pain in his left foot didn't keep Wichita State's Markis McDuffie from practicing basketball the past two weeks. The more it nagged at him, however, the more he worried that he was experiencing the early stages of a stress fracture.

The injury, along the top of his foot, will not require surgery. McDuffie expects to spend six weeks on crutches, followed by roughly six weeks of rehab to get him back on the court. That timeline puts his return in mid-December, around nine or 10 games into the season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Ask and you shall receive. Paul Suellentrop with a report on Markis post CT-Scan.

The pain in his left foot didn't keep Wichita State's Markis McDuffie from practicing basketball the past two weeks. The more it nagged at him, however, the more he worried that he was experiencing the early stages of a stress fracture.

The injury, along the top of his foot, will not require surgery. McDuffie expects to spend six weeks on crutches, followed by roughly six weeks of rehab to get him back on the court. That timeline puts his return in mid-December, around nine or 10 games into the season.
                                The massage therapist I saw yesterday, I said if his magic fingers could do anything to prevent stress fractures in the foot, he'd have a fairly certain gig at WSU. He disclosed that he had a track coach ask him to look at a sprinter who was lame and he looked up in his book of oils and did two treatments and had the kid running in four weeks.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X