No announcement yet.

McDuffie out until Mid-December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rather have CJ Keyser and potentially Rashard Kelly backup Zach Brown than burn Rod Brown's redshirt year to play a handful of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      I would rather have CJ Keyser and potentially Rashard Kelly backup Zach Brown than burn Rod Brown's redshirt year to play a handful of minutes.
      That's reasonable unless any other player misses time before mid-December.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Is it time to look at our floors and see if they may be the problem?

Comment

Why why why?!?!?

Does the basketball floor not have enough spring to it? Too much?

Markis, I wish you a great recovery. This is terrible news indeed.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Landry was hurt at a showcase event and not here. Don't think it's the floors.

Comment

The last time we had a rash of injuries we went to the final 4

Comment

We still have Brown and Keyser at the 3, Willis and Kelly at the 4 and Morris and Nurger at the 5. Can’t afford more injuries though.

Comment

These injuries are early which means we will have quite the challenges early on. Thinking back to our last Final 4 Season, I remember we had far more injuries than any team that Danced that Season. We were not as deep as this team IMO but we were deep enough for other players to step up and utilize the opportunity before them. By Dance time, we were all well if I recall, but yet more players were 'battle ready' due to all the injuries the Shocks were to face. We were picked to finish 4th in the Valley that Season but landed 'smack dab' in the Final 4.

Likewise, LS and MM will really be missed on a temporary basis but we still have 6 Seniors and a veteran team that will rally together and make the best of this difficult situation. So sleep well tonight because we are a deep and talented team or the experts would not pick us so high.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

KAKE is saying he will have a CT scan tomorrow and that there is no official timetable yet.

Comment

Just as the stars appeared to be aligning up for a season of all seasons, two of our best players get snake bit. Can our program ever get a break? If it's not injuries it's crap seeding or questionable opponents the NCAA paired us up against that seem to keep us down. I'm pissed! Sorry about that.

Comment

ugh!!!

Comment

Could our starters be like this? 1. S.J. 2. C.F. 3. Z. Brown 4. Willis/Kelly 5. Shaq

Still looks like a tough team to me.

Comment

For our subs we still have CJ for the 2 or 3 slot, Nurger can sub in at the 5 as can A.M. and it will be interesting if RB redshirts or not now. Willis/Kelly will man the 4 and I look for both of them to have a solid Season. Still wishing and hoping for a healthy Austin this Season.
                            Last edited by forevershockerfan; September 26, 2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

During the RS coaching tenure we did have quite a few foot related injuries and it was due to the floor as in little to no give. They used to have the Shrine circus there and elephants on it so it was a stiff floor. They put an entirely different floor system down during the renovation.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                Dang, hope for speedy recovery and coming back better than ever for Markis. Next man up! Might give CJ a chance to show his stuff whenever Brown needs a breather.
                                I hate the circumstances but you are right. The next Shocker star will be born.

Comment

Working...
                                X