McDuffie out until Mid-December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    I hate the circumstances but you are right. The next Shocker star will be born.
    Yeah it sucks bad, but the silver lining is we've got great depth and it's an opportunity for the young blood step and surprise us.

Comment

Didn't Marshall say that Willis was one of the most improved players since last year? If Kelly starts off the year the way he finished it, I'm pretty confident the PF spot will be solid without McDuffie.

Keyser mostly played SF last year, so we've at least got someone familiar with that spot. It also seems reasonable to give Kelly some minutes at SF to spell Z Brown.

I'm with Kunkel on this one. I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth after typing that. I don't think R Brown's RS gets burned with the depth that's already on the roster. When it's time to run some replacements on the front line, Marshall could go 7'0", 6'9", 6'7".

I'm not happy, but I'm not worried either.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Wow. I think McDuffie kind of has been overshadowed by Shamet doesn't get as much credit as he is due. This kid is (excuse the baseball reference) is a 5 tool player.

1. Returning leading scorer (11.5 ppg)
        2. Who could pass it out for the assist (1.7 assist/game)
        3. Leading RBD (5.7 rbd/game)
        4. Leading FT shooter at getting to the line and making them (81%)

I really expected him to shoot the 3 more like he did his freshman year (thinking that his knee injury held him back last year) and we would really see his full potential. Luckily this is senior laden team, and hopefully there will be some guys who can step up in his absence.
        Last edited by SB Shock; September 25, 2017, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Best player. Underrated defender. We do seem to have more than our share of these. Practice floor?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

2/3 of our tripod foundation I rave about on here will possibly be delayed somewhat. Young men sometimes heal faster than projections but Shaq will lead these 6 Seniors and our Squad until their return.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I dont think its the practice floor as much as its just practice in general, HCGM really pushes these guys to their boundaries mentally and physically.
              Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                These injuries are early which means we will have quite the challenges early on. Thinking back to our last Final 4 Season, I remember we had far more injuries than any team that Danced that Season. We were not as deep as this team IMO but we were deep enough for other players to step up and utilize the opportunity before them. By Dance time, we were all well if I recall, but yet more players were 'battle ready' due to all the injuries the Shocks were to face. We were picked to finish 4th in the Valley that Season but landed 'smack dab' in the Final 4.
                Wasn't that Wessel's medical redshirt year -- I think he played in only a handful of games at the beginning of the season and was on the bench the rest of that year -- UNLESS I have my years mixed up.

Comment

Two years ago we started out not very healthy with Fred out followed by Landry and Grady.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Bummer, for sure. I think Willis starts at the four now giving him a chance
                    to redeem himself for a poor finish last season. Also, I think this gives R Brown
                    and Thor more minutes early on to develop. Maybe we get a very pleasant
                    surprise from one of them. RN could play more at the four, as well.

Comment

Kelly will start IMO.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Oops, forgot about him. I agree RK will start but more minutes for Willis also.
                        Isn't depth a wonderful thing?

Comment

Agreed that Willis gains the most minutes.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                            Wasn't that Wessel's medical redshirt year -- I think he played in only a handful of games at the beginning of the season and was on the bench the rest of that year -- UNLESS I have my years mixed up.

Believe this is the year that demetric wasn't healthy at all either but was gutting through it.

Comment

I think Willis is most effective when is he five and the lane isn't bogged down by another low post player.

His production from last year seemed to be correlated to the other big.

Comment

HUUUUGE loss

And just because they are saying mid-december-for him to get back in game shape, add another month.

The top two players are hurt. Not a good start.

Comment

Working...
                                X