Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
    Originally posted by kcshocker11
    Lets be honest. The guy who wrote this is an idiot (KSU fan shows that)! The fan who sent it to the KU friend is an imbecile who wants to stir up trouble! The KU fans that pay any attention to it are morons and the WSU fans who care are still my fellow Shockers!

:D :posterwu: :D 8) 8)
    I spoke with taylor today.

Hes a lil embarassed about messing up some facts.
    he started writing the article wednesday night, it was for a deadline on thursday.

ALSO.
    It was an opinion article, kinda like bob lutz writes in the eagle.
    Lutz writes about the cardinals, how about we fire him for not writing only about the royals. or as a royals fan?

THE Deal with the sunflower
    as a student, and knowing several employees there. including myself... for like a week. wants to work their,
    its apparently not a fun place to work.

Taylor is a journalism student.
    And like i said earlier,
    he doesnt claim to be a shocker fan.

Also, isnt it a journalists job to be unbiased?

You can say all u want about Darnell, but cheating is cheating, KU has had so many warnigns, over and over, like ROYAL said earlier, weve had our mishaps, but weve cleaned up our program, ku just continues to cheat....

I have a buddy whos a ku student and ku fan, but also not a blind idiot, he sees the players driving around allt he time...

Is it odd that most of them are driving Escalades, and fancy sports cars?
    Im sure they all just have lots of money from their parents to pay for those right?

Maybe their parents our wealthy snobby ku alums?

Wait, most of these guys arent coming from rich families.
    This isnt harvard folks.

KU fans keep saying, everyone does it....

YOu know it isnt that ku does it, its more that they do it over and over, without any change...
    History gives me little reason to think that anything will.
    Neither does the way the ncaa handles it.

Michigan gets banned for two years from the tourney...
    ku gets a slap on the wrist?

Its also odd to me, that the day after the ncaa takes two schollys away, Brady Morningstar decides he is gonna pay his own tuition.
    Sure maybe his parents do, but i wouldnt be surprised if ku is right back to cheating....

Taylors point, was, Why is it that ku fans are so oblivious to all these historical facts about the school they love?

It just kills me how ku fans are like we never did that!
    its like
    YOUR AD ADMITTED TO iT.
    These arent conspiracy theories, these our historical facts.

Taylors a good friend of mine, he is a KSU fan, but at least hes not a shocker fan who wears a jayhawk shirt during the tourney.

Had taylor had another day to finish his story, it would have been errorless. Hes a dang good writer, hes in his first semester, and hes already working at the eagle.

I feel as a friend i must defend him.

And i hate to say it, everyone at the sunflower(I worked there for a lil while as a photog) are fairweather fans. My first day i was already debating rooting for all 3 teams with people.

At the sunflower you work a lot of hours and get paid very little...
    so its just a job that journalism students do for their resume.

Go Shox...

in the words of Ramon Clemente on his facebook status(public) during the ku memphis game...
    "I AM ROOTING FOR WSU."

The bottom line is a story hit the press that the facts were either untrue, unchecked or both! Sounds to me that this guy has a job waiting for him at The National Enquirer. I am not a KU fan but no one deserves this style of shotty journalism. 8) 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

If you were going to write an article deriding the national champions as cheaters, why in the world wouldn't you get your facts straight? When you do something that stupid, you just give ammunition to the school you're writing about. Tossing in that you're a KSU fan sure doesn't help. What a stupid mistake.
      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
        Tossing in that you're a KSU fan sure doesn't help. What a stupid mistake.
        The words asinine, ludicrous and ignorant come to mind.

:good:
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by tw805
          Originally posted by ABC
          I wish I understood their point of about Wichita and their snobbishness about it.

Both the east and west side of Wichita are every bit as sophisticated as anything in Johnson County.

And they mistake our dislike of their arrogance and self-entitlement as jealously.

Interestingly enough, last week leading up to the KU-UNC, their inferiority complex about UNC shone through brightly, if anyone listened to the KC area talk shows.

And to the point about looking down on Wichita; with all due respect, they live in friggin' Kansas City. KANSAS CITY! KC ain't Paris, London, New York, Chicago, LA or even Philadelphia.
          This is the best post that's ever been placed on this board!

I have the misfortune of living in this hypocritical dump they call KC, and it's getting old. I get to listen 24-7 to how the KU morons claim little sister" about WSU and KSU, then turn around and act the same way toward North Carolina without batting an eye. (Has anyone else noticed how disinterested NC is in KU? See some parallels?) Then you have dumb-ass Kansas City, which is St. Louis's b@#ch, getting peaved when people rightfully realize this is a cowtown. This is honestly the most god-awful place I've ever lived.

And P.S., before KU gets high and mighty about football: I seem to remember not more than three years ago when you couldn't sell 15,000 tickets to your bush-league JV program. When Nebraska came in, Memorial Stadium routinely became the sea of red south. Kansas City morons conveniently decided they would cross the state line of fandom to like Missouri during football season, only to dust off their KU gear when basketball started. You can all cram it!

There. I feel better.
          Then please, please, please get the hell out of our town. It's a fine city and doesn't deserve your crap.

The only way I can see how you've obtained the opinions you have is that you're not much of a sports fan. If you were, you'd know that North Carolina's program was built by KU grad Dean Smith and is now run by ex-KU coach Roy Williams, who creates controversy in Chapel Hill because he always talks about his love for KU. And there's the thing about KU destroying UNC in the Final Four that caught their attention too.

I wouldn't expect a bitter WSU fan to know much about KU's football program, but 2004 was a great season ticket year for us. Something like 25,000 were sold. Now, in 2002 we only won two games and did have some small crowds. Oh noes. In 2007 we sold out every game and won the Orange Bowl. Keep clinging to the memories of bad KU football, though. It makes you look really smart.

Enjoy Kansas City!!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Did the KU ticket office promote the 2005-2006 season with the slogan:

"Our coaches are giving athletes answers to tests so we're gonna be good for a while. Buy your season tickets today!"

Or was it a more simple slogan using the quote from Al Bohl:

"COMPLIANCE DOESN'T SELL TICKETS!"

Comment

i agree with Indy, KC is nice city. Its my home away from home pretty much. As much as i love the city of wichita, there isnt much to do here, so i usually go up there to have my fun.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The bottom line is the K.U. program is run by cowards. Prima-donna Wheel posing knee-knockers who would rather hide in Allen Field House, than defend the honor of their program against all comers, especially Wichita State. Punks who stand in circles slapping each other on the back while the rest of the world sees them for the self-congratulatory, la-la goofuses they truly are. Come to Koch Arena, or are you CHICKENS, instead of Hawks??? Or is your rear end still stinging from the boot put to your butt by our baseball team, WHO IS NOT AFRAID to go to Lawrence and risk OUR program's reputation by risking loss to Jayhawk "second tier" baseball competition?? Though no one can take away your trophy, by cowering in Lawrence in your OWN home state, your true cowardly colors continue to embarrass the competitive reputation of the state of Kansas. Is Jay a three letter word for CHICKEN? Pull those bootstraps up once and awile and come down to Wichita for an old fashion Wu-Waxing!
                One more thing..... :yahoo: 66 - 65 :yahoo:
                Semper Wu !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
                  Originally posted by tw805
                  Originally posted by ABC
                  I wish I understood their point of about Wichita and their snobbishness about it.

Both the east and west side of Wichita are every bit as sophisticated as anything in Johnson County.

And they mistake our dislike of their arrogance and self-entitlement as jealously.

Interestingly enough, last week leading up to the KU-UNC, their inferiority complex about UNC shone through brightly, if anyone listened to the KC area talk shows.

And to the point about looking down on Wichita; with all due respect, they live in friggin' Kansas City. KANSAS CITY! KC ain't Paris, London, New York, Chicago, LA or even Philadelphia.
                  This is the best post that's ever been placed on this board!

I have the misfortune of living in this hypocritical dump they call KC, and it's getting old. I get to listen 24-7 to how the KU morons claim little sister" about WSU and KSU, then turn around and act the same way toward North Carolina without batting an eye. (Has anyone else noticed how disinterested NC is in KU? See some parallels?) Then you have dumb-ass Kansas City, which is St. Louis's b@#ch, getting peaved when people rightfully realize this is a cowtown. This is honestly the most god-awful place I've ever lived.

And P.S., before KU gets high and mighty about football: I seem to remember not more than three years ago when you couldn't sell 15,000 tickets to your bush-league JV program. When Nebraska came in, Memorial Stadium routinely became the sea of red south. Kansas City morons conveniently decided they would cross the state line of fandom to like Missouri during football season, only to dust off their KU gear when basketball started. You can all cram it!

There. I feel better.
                  Then please, please, please get the hell out of our town. It's a fine city and doesn't deserve your crap.

The only way I can see how you've obtained the opinions you have is that you're not much of a sports fan. If you were, you'd know that North Carolina's program was built by KU grad Dean Smith and is now run by ex-KU coach Roy Williams, who creates controversy in Chapel Hill because he always talks about his love for KU. And there's the thing about KU destroying UNC in the Final Four that caught their attention too.

I wouldn't expect a bitter WSU fan to know much about KU's football program, but 2004 was a great season ticket year for us. Something like 25,000 were sold. Now, in 2002 we only won two games and did have some small crowds. Oh noes. In 2007 we sold out every game and won the Orange Bowl. Keep clinging to the memories of bad KU football, though. It makes you look really smart.

Enjoy Kansas City!!!!
                  Keep up the revisionist football history and your arrogant air of superiority. Since 2002 is apparently as far as your 12 year old memory will take you back, maybe you should brush up on your Big 8 history. I'm sure everyone else here remembers the toilet bowl of '87 where the two worst teams in the history of college football squared off in the Sunflower showdown.

Your contention that KU is somehow a parent school of North Carolina is laughable. I don't know how much of a sports fan you need to be to watch the news and watch the KU students complain about Roy Williams all day. Funny how they don't care about you enough to play you. (Sound familiar?) As is always your contention, it must not be worth it for UNC to come give you a home-and-home. What would they have to gain? They're always on ESPN. You're not.

You're right about my sports knowledge. I probably know as little about KU athletics as a KU fan knows about an honest day's work. Now how about you get the hell of our board? Maybe you and the other boys at the KU message board can meet out in front of the frat house for a sweet frisbee toss and a circle-jerk of trust fund babies. The rest of us will be at work.

Comment

Originally posted by WU'sPosse2
                    The bottom line is the K.U. program is run by cowards. Prima-donna Wheel posing knee-knockers who would rather hide in Allen Field House, than defend the honor of their program against all comers, especially Wichita State. Punks who stand in circles slapping each other on the back while the rest of the world sees them for the self-congratulatory, la-la goofuses they truly are. Come to Koch Arena, or are you CHICKENS, instead of Hawks??? Or is your rear end still stinging from the boot put to your butt by our baseball team, WHO IS NOT AFRAID to go to Lawrence and risk OUR program's reputation by risking loss to Jayhawk "second tier" baseball competition?? Though no one can take away your trophy, by cowering in Lawrence in your OWN home state, your true cowardly colors continue to embarrass the competitive reputation of the state of Kansas. Is Jay a three letter word for CHICKEN? Pull those bootstraps up once and awile and come down to Wichita for an old fashion Wu-Waxing!
                    One more thing..... :yahoo: 66 - 65 :yahoo:
                    Lets not go that far, I mean if they dont wanna play us, they dont have to. But even KU fans I know agree that it is KU that does not want to play Wichita State and that they "dont know why"
                    ________
                    Sv1000
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Feuds between schools which are based on sports teams are flat-out stupid. You know what Kansas and Wichita State have in common? Pretty much none of either team's players are even from this state. So we all sit around and yell about whether our team's foreigners are better than your team's, etc.

So at the end of the day, this is dumb.

However, kids that go to KU are still spoiled brats. (The feud may be dumb, but it sure as hell is fun.)

Comment

KU would have ate our lunch this last year (take off the yellow shades for a minute). Don't pick a fight unless you can back it up with something.

I get tired of these 'Wichita wants to grow up and be one of the big boys, but can't' threads. Whoever said 'life was fair', get over it. Life is 90% perception anyway.

I could sit here and complain about the county commission or city council, but they still wouldn't get any smarter.

Comment

it seems like every year, we have a thread like this about KU, prolly just cause its gets slow around this time
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                            it seems like every year, we have a thread like this about KU
                            Every year? Try every week. kukukukukukukukukukukukukukukukuku it's like a broken record. If you want to show how much you hate ku, give 'em the silent treatment. Just stop talking about them.

Please...stop talking about them.

Comment

Then you have dumb-ass Kansas City, which is St. Louis's b@#ch, getting peaved when people rightfully realize this is a cowtown. This is honestly the most god-awful place I've ever lived.

Calling a city dumb-ass: ok.
                              Calling a person dumb-a**: not ok.

Uh, ok.
                              Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, do people get priority for KU basketball season tickets by buying tickets to other sports? Honest question.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X